Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Leicester v Southampton Match thread

Don’t be excited if their goalkeeper goes off injured knowing our luck the replacement will come on and score of the winnerDon’t be excited if their goalkeeper goes off injured knowing our luck the replacement will come on and score of the winner

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Cags must have poisoned Brendan's dog or something. Big Dan really should be a last resort.

That said, I'd imagine he's a model pro and that's why he gets picked.

Tbf he’d not put a foot wrong until that point. But that lapse in concentration (or poor first touch) is so dangerous at this level.

1 minute ago, TMELcfc said:

He is, so why is he always picked? 

With Big Dan, I think willingness to play, whenever and wherever the manager wants/needs him to, goes a long way.

I think the same goes with Mendy and (to a lesser extent) Kevin.

From the manager POV -- no muss, no fuss, no drama, just tell Dan where I need him, give him a couple words of strategy, and on he goes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

Tbf he’d not put a foot wrong until that point. But that lapse in concentration (or poor first touch) is so dangerous at this level.

That's the frustrating thing about Dan, even when he's having a blinder he's still got that propensity to do something daft.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Same old really. Look alright until final third then absolutely no craft or guile to create a chance.

This frontline had gone stale 12-18 months ago, desperately needed new options for a while now. We overly rely on Tielemans to make that pass to open up teams.

Just now, Sampson said:

Doesn’t need any changes yet, we’re dominating. It’ll come if we keep playing like this.

It won't come because Southampton have a full low block and our only threat is coming from the wings without having players in the box. Without a 2nd striker we'll finish the game with just 1 or 2 shots on goal. 

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Cags must have poisoned Brendan's dog or something. Big Dan really should be a last resort.

That said, I'd imagine he's a model pro and that's why he gets picked.

Cags it’s a case of “rot on the bench or transfer away.” I don’t blame Rodgers / the club for taking that course of action TBH. A shame really, Cags could have signed a long term contract and become a really popular long term hero here. If Youri and Cags leave on frees that’s 60m quid lost!