Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Post Southampton 1-2

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

That's naive. Perez and Praet were already here!! Bertrand was drafted in to cover long term LB injuries I.e. JJ etc. Daka is currently in a team which keeps changes formations, 1 up top, two up top etc and is subbed practically every game.

Rodgers signed both Perez and Praet. We needed a right winger, and that's not Perez. We had more than enough central midfielders, so why spend the money on Praet and hardly ever play him

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If it’s true then fine, he is culpable and he should go, if not it’s just further childish venting which is extremely self indulgent. (He probably should go anyway for failing to inspire and motivate he team, the transfer bit feels a bit false, but maybe not?)

I totally agree if it's true 👍. I would go so far as to recommend that the team watch the rocky films before game time. Transfers is a murky world and its hard to fathom any truth in it other than to speculate. No smoke without fire perhaps?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Rodgers signed both Perez and Praet. We needed a right winger, and that's not Perez. We had more than enough central midfielders, so why spend the money on Praet and hardly ever play him

Wrong. They were signed in the summer of 2019/20. BR joined in December 2019.

We've gone stale. Either we need to add a few new players or change the manager. I get the ownership model of investing in infrastructure but if we don't do something to make the team better we are in big trouble. What's the point of having the best training ground, stadium and a hotel etc if we get relegated. Ferguson wrote in his book that even after the treble he added a few players which he would do every season to keep everyone on their toes. Something has to give.

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

We've gone stale. Either we need to add a few new players or change the manager. I get the ownership model of investing in infrastructure but if we don't do something to make the team better we are in big trouble. What's the point of having the best training ground, stadium and a hotel etc if we get relegated. Ferguson wrote in his book that even after the treble he added a few players which he would do every season to keep everyone on their toes. Something has to give.

And sir alex would also sell first choice players to enable pathways to open U.K. for youth …. I’m not sure that the new referee leniency to added physicality would help out youth players though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Teams are working harder, doing the basics better then us.

Agree. Why is it every ball into our box is won by a Southampton player, but equally every ball into their box is won by....a Southampton player? 50/50 tussles go their way. Just a soft under belly throughout. Whether that's the bunch of players themselves, or because of how they're sent out by BR, or both, but they have to start fighting like it means something or we are down. This league's just too good I'm afraid.

Edited by Twitcher

5 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Spot on Kitch. The only thing we’ve dominated in our first two home games is purely the possession whilst playing absolute dire football. No clear cut chances created and being unable to actually hit the target. It’s depressing to watch.

We cram midfield and defence with 9 men, which allows us to stifle opponents who don't come out and attack us from the start. It looks good superficially because we appear to be well in control and we might even create the odd chance, but it's deceptive because we don't create enough real scoring chances. However, when opponents come out and attack us we invariably crumble. We're predictable. It comes down to Rodgers. He isn't going to improve this relegation form. He has to go.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I totally agree if it's true 👍. I would go so far as to recommend that the team watch the rocky films before game time. Transfers is a murky world and its hard to fathom any truth in it other than to speculate. No smoke without fire perhaps?

Perhaps so, he Congerton thing is certainly an elephant in this particular room - I personally find it very difficult to warm to the man,  I have always regarded this as my particular problem, as he has done good, we were good, but it’s gone unbearably stale and the best result for both parties is an ending of this particular relationship.

How does this happen? How do both parties save face? I am not sure they can

3 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Agree 2/3 needed but at this stage I think a new voice is needed to lead them. I am not convinced BR can re-energise himself, the team or their mentality.