Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Post Southampton 1-2

Recency bias maybe but, adjusted for the quality of players and the resources put into the squad, I can't think of a worse performance. We looked relatively bright for the first ten minutes and then the rot set in, and then another more aggressive rot set in after we scored our customary worldy despite creating nothing.

The most alarming thing for me is the gaping chasm between the defensive and attacking units when we've got the ball. The lack of movement is genuinely staggering and though my sympathy for Amartey was drying up when he misplaced his 500000th pass of the game, fair play to him for taking it upon himself to do it because the alternative is he gives it to Ndidi or Evans and it's then up to them to play the impossible midfield-and-defence splitting pass instead.

I know we haven't got the quality or depth of Pep's Man City but you look at the way they have obviously been meticulously coached to play certain patterns and construct certain moves, to the point where they win the league by basically scoring the same goal 100 times, and then you look at our brave boys just sort of aimlessly occupying space in the opposition half while our centre backs take it in turns to play five yard passes or **** up slightly longer ones. What are we supposed to think about that? Has Rodgers just not instructed our players on what it is they're meant to actually do when we've got the ball, do they not understand what he wants them to do, do they know perfectly well what he wants them to do but would just rather not do it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Devoid of ideas, without passion and workrate, poor game management again, comical defending and a complete lack of confidence.

If this loss gets Rodgers gone, i'll accept it as a neccessary evil. We seriously need to shake this club up on the pitch, on far too many occasions in the last 18 months, probably more often than not we have been performing with less passion and drive than the end of the Puel days. 
Embarrassing, we all knew it was coming, everyone in the ground saw it coming.... Seemingly except one man.

Completely outmanaged by a manager and team on a fraction of the wage, even seeing Hassenhuttls reaction at the end puts us to shame. 

The lack of shots on target or for that matter off it is reminiscent of Sven’s awful reign. Nigel took over and immediately the fans were oohing and aahing!  He’s got to go and I’d like us back to basics. Nigel or Dyche in charge, and back to finding our own stars from the Championship. No more delusions of grandeur!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Did anyone else notice that when Southampton's second goal went in, Kolo was immediately on his feet shouting and it took a while for Brendan to appear? 

I noticed he went missing off the touchline for a fair while.

He might be emotionless, arms folded, but he usually pretty much always there on the touchline.

Can't remember what game it was last season when he was missing off the touchline for almost the entire second half? Which coincided with us playing fairly well, we were awful in the first half, almost like a few arguments went on at HT, come out in the second and players said '**** it, we'll play how we want and know we can', if I remember correctly he appeared on the touchline with a couple of minutes of the game left and we conceded? :crylaugh: 

Can't for the life of me remember who we were playing.

Edit - Looking back at the fixtures, was it Norwich? If so, we didn't concede when he appeared on the touchline with a couple of minutes left, as we won 3-0....must be my damn agenda, again!

Edited by Matt

2 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Agree 2/3 needed but at this stage I think a new voice is needed to lead them. I am not convinced BR can re-energise himself, the team or their mentality.

Right on both parts. I just can't see us realistically getting in a few new players and getting rid of Rodgers at best it will be one of the 2 at worst neither if we stick to our guns of only outgoings for now and then a possible panic at the end of the window. 

Guest StevieLynex
4 minutes ago, Streak said:

Yes you are the days of completing for European football are over. Welcome to financial fair play lol.

Sobering thought - where were Forest, Brighton and Brentford when we were Premier League winners

Just now, StevieLynex said:

Pity to Kasper isn't still here to lead the players' revolt  against the Manager

Other the plus side (!), we still have Marc Albrighton, the vice-captain who isn't even a first-team regular and JV, now 35 and with a 2-year extension to his contract, who btw got a rating of just 2.67 on the BBC Sport website today.

25 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Wrong. Brendan joined Feb 2019.

Perez joined July 2019

Praet joined August 2019

I can hold my hands up to the dates BR started but not those players being BR's choice as the club had been working those deals for a while 

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

I can hold my hands up to the dates BR started but not those players being BR's choice as the club had been working those deals for a while 

Are you Brendan's spokesman?

Just now, UHDrive said:

I’d be shocked if Perez wasn’t Rodgers doing, seeing as he loves playing with a dribbler on one wing and an inverted attacking midfielder on the other.

To quote the great Ian Holloway(jokes), "chill out, relax and have a sandwich".

It's too early to panic, the problem is in the players heads. Score, we go onto the back foot, into our shell. Go and fill your glasses half full!