Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Post Southampton 1-2

42 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

We cram midfield and defence with 9 men, which allows us to stifle opponents who don't come out and attack us from the start. It looks good superficially because we appear to be well in control and we might even create the odd chance, but it's deceptive because we don't create enough real scoring chances. However, when opponents come out and attack us we invariably crumble. We're predictable. It comes down to Rodgers. He isn't going to improve this relegation form. He has to go.

The way we crumble is very, very worrying. It’s not as if it’s even against the big six. We’re crumbling against every opposition. We are so weak and lack so much confidence in our defending abilities, it seems we concede every time the opposition attack.

23 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I’d be shocked if Perez wasn’t Rodgers doing, seeing as he loves playing with a dribbler on one wing and an inverted attacking midfielder on the other.

True, something we are extremely lacking to be honest! I remember at the time on ft that is was a straight £30mil done deal hence no protracted drawn out negotiations for perez. If BR made that kind of transaction happen within a few months of joining then all credit to him. But that poses questions on who is co managing transfers such as these I.e accountability? 

Guest StevieLynex
4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thank god we haven't started it

Can we get a refund on the training ground as well, and train on Vicky Park instead?

3 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

The play on words is 'Vest and Pants' so at least you got this post half right.

Maybe the fact it's split in half, is half right!

Anyway I wish you well after the result today and hope your day got better.

42 minutes ago, C.J said:

It's too early to panic, the problem is in the players heads. Score, we go onto the back foot, into our shell. Go and fill your glasses half full!

I am genuinely trying to see it like that.  The problem I have (and I'll readily admit to knowing nothing about tactics at this level) is that I don't understand why we go onto the back foot. What's going on in the players' heads for them to be so confident for 2/3 of a game and then fall apart as soon as they're on the back foot. And why it continues to be a problem. 

Edited by taupe
  • Like 1

Let’s be honest, our failings are not just this season so far..it goes right back to when we fluffed the CL spot at the end of the 20/21 season…last season we were average at best.. and only when we had a player or two back for the last few games we rose to a blinkered 8th place…

Possession  and sideways negative passing will not win you games…

An insistence  to consistently change formation mid game when there is no need.

A failure to motivate the players.

We are seriously in the shitez

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Southampton looked a crap side! And they were better than us

Says it all. Championship quality players with the exception of a couple. Genuinely player wise, one of the worst I've seen at this level for a while.

Just like the Brentford game, there was a huge gulf in quality and we didn't show any intent to put the game to bed when in total control.

Panic sets in as soon as we take the lead. You can see it spreading from the bench. Brendan knew a win today, any win, would start to butter his muffin again in the eyes of some deluded fans and perhaps the owners. 

His FEAR, which I have mentioned a few times over the last few years, now fully infects the squad.  Take the lead then it’s backs to the wall, defend for your lives, if we’re lucky we’ll escape with a point - ooooh shit. 

we have the squad to finish comfortably mid table.  It’s not Fof and Tieleman’s rocking the boat. It’s not a lack of signings. The team reflect the boss, a self-serving, weak fraud of a man. No FACKING spine. 

Rant over. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We're the only team I've seen that lose confidence when we score a goal. Such a strange problem to have and shows the weak mentality of the manager and players

I think it’s more to do with the opposition having to make a positive response.  we simply aren’t able to cope with being out under pressure. 

Brentford and soton were both happy to take a point and played that way.  Once behind with half an hour to go they had no option but to go for it and change their tactics. We wilted profoundly in both games in the face of those changes. Instead of using their more positive formation and play to move the ball around and take the sting out of the game whilst creating opportunities with the extra space, we just looked like U16’s in an U21 tournament ….poor decision making and shocking mentality …..

The way I see it we have two options from this point - 

Option A - Sack BR on Monday and bring in someone with fresh ideas. I don’t necessarily know that we can improve on BR as such. I just think he’s gone a bit stale as managers so often do. But at this rate we will go down. 

Option B - Stick with BR but force through the sales of Fofanna and Tilemans this week so we have time to spend that money and reinvigorate the squad with fresh blood.

There is no point in hanging on to BR and then selling the players in the last week when we’ll have no time to replace them. If we can get £80m for Fofanna and £20m for Tilemans then we can go out and get 3 maybe 4 (PL squad size dependent) quality first team players. We need two CBs, a RW and possibly an attacking midfielder who can fill several positions. 

If not, sack BR and don't sell Fofanna or Tilemans because with them this squad is more than good enough to compete. The problem is BR and how stubborn he is. 

I had plans today so didn’t get to the game or even get to watch which is very rare for me. I’ve finally just seen MOTD. **** me. We are ****ing dreadful. That defence is nothing short of shambolic. Evans looks past it. Amartey never even had it. He’s a joke. Castagne got bullied at the back post twice. N’didi and Tilemans looked like they’d never met before. Ward is ropey at best. If people aren’t worried about relegation you need to really think seriously. I swear we could go down. We really really could. 

Also, **** off Martin Keown. You only hate us because you were shite when we signed you. ****. 

Edited by Jakemoore