Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Post Southampton 1-2

People keep talking about a new manager in with time to bring in new players. We would need four in the door in a week. Who signs up to that? ****ing shit planning on the part of the club and our own manager has us handcuffed with the ridiculous pay off we wrote into his contract. Really naive on the part of the infrastructure of the club. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

People keep talking about a new manager in with time to bring in new players. We would need four in the door in a week. Who signs up to that? ****ing shit planning on the part of the club and our own manager has us handcuffed with the ridiculous pay off we wrote into his contract. Really naive on the part of the infrastructure of the club. 

We don't need anything this season. This squad missed out on 4th by a gnats knacker and was then mismanaged to a fluker 8th last season. 

I genuinely don't think we need to bring in many new players. We have a good enough squad - even if Tielemens and Fofana go (ok we need a CB). With half decent management we'll be fine. The problem at the moment is that Rodgers has thrown his toys out the pram, the smug ****ing baby. And I hate him for that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ricey said:

I feel like I spent most of my life when Puel was in charge scrolling Twitter hoping to see the corner flag photo. Used to try me mad.

And here I am again.

I feel the same way. I just feel numb to our games now. It's just sickening.

I want a manager where this can't happen.

The big problem is that I can't see us holding onto a lead in a game because we absolutely lose all sense of how to play football when in the lead and the opposition perform any sort of sustained attacking pressure, but I also can't see us coming back from behind in a game, like today when Southampton equalised and then scored and we continued to have basically zero impact on the game.

I just don't see where we're picking up points from at the moment other than 0-0 draws, which won't happen because we can't defend to save our lives.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UHDrive said:

RW 

ACM

CB 

It's been too long. So Top/Rudders, you were both watching the game. What are you going to do about it? We are playing relegation football right now, no attack minded playmaking skilled player bar maddison in the squad. 

We do still have Praet, Nachos, Daka sitting on the bench yet we played with one striker and when the going gets tough we swap our forward in Perez with defensive minded midfielder whose heart is not here Tielemans, while leaving Ndidi who does not want the ball. Yes no wonder we had no idea going forward. It is tactics.

When the subs were made and 1-0 up, we just had Daka, Barnes and Maddison playing sort of up front but Maddison had to constantly drop back because the ball was not getting up there and we were sitting back hoping to hoof it up to Daka who is not a good lone striker yet. Our defensive minded setup is mind boggling. .

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Top needs to take some blame, time for him to step in and take control of things or he will be watching us playing Champions football next season.

• Like 1

I can see us Been relegated and the club has only got its self to blame how the hell they let this money situation get to where it has ruined our season before it even started , I know people on here say it’s not TOPs fault but he runs the club the buck stops at his feet . I feel sick watching us play like shit and Rodgers refusing to play certain players . 

5 hours ago, trabuch said:

I genuinely don't think we need to bring in many new players. We have a good enough squad - even if Tielemens and Fofana go (ok we need a CB). With half decent management we'll be fine. The problem at the moment is that Rodgers has thrown his toys out the pram, the smug ****ing baby. And I hate him for that.

I agree that with a managerial change we have enough to stay up.  The problem is with things in the state they currently are you’re going to have a hard time getting a half decent manager to sign on.

2 hours ago, The_77 said:

When Brendan’s time finally comes, can we promise each other not to share any of the crap TalkSport spews about it?

Cheers.

Talksport will not even notice, they are too busy spunking themselve over ManUre., week after week.

52 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I agree that with a managerial change we have enough to stay up.  The problem is with things in the state they currently are you’re going to have a hard time getting a half decent manager to sign on.

The squad has the ability even if we are bottom of the table, the problem is the longer it goes on the more work is needed by the new manager to undo all the mistakes currently being made. An confidence would also be lower at that point.

9 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

We’re a possession based team. That’s Rodgers philosophy and we’re doing that reasonably well. Problem is Brendan it doesn’t win games. Stop whining and sort it out man or resign! 

It's a sustainable way of playing though, apparently.

Whatever that actually means.

Following a questionable season and a poor end t0 the 20/21 season (with FA Cup compensation) we have one home point from two teams who we expect to finish above. We have conceded eight goals in  three games.   Our squad is unbalanced and we are not buying to rectify.   

Rodgers has had the opportunity to start the season well.  He hasn't.   We have tough games coming up.

We are going to spend at least the first third of the season around the relegation zone.

6 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

Bloody awful today. Vardy has not had a shot all season unless I’m mistaken 

Yet we extend his contract to 2024. Every one knows he’s an all time legend, but come on, he’ll be 37 on over an hundred grand a week. No wonder he said it was a no brainer to sign. He’s no longer the player he was 2 seasons ago. When, as a club will we accept that. Yes he’ll no doubt get a few goals. But he’s now in the twilight zone. 

• Like 1