Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Post Southampton 1-2

8 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

The way I see it we have two options from this point - 

Option A - Sack BR on Monday and bring in someone with fresh ideas. I don’t necessarily know that we can improve on BR as such. I just think he’s gone a bit stale as managers so often do. But at this rate we will go down. 

Option B - Stick with BR but force through the sales of Fofanna and Tilemans this week so we have time to spend that money and reinvigorate the squad with fresh blood.

There is no point in hanging on to BR and then selling the players in the last week when we’ll have no time to replace them. If we can get £80m for Fofanna and £20m for Tilemans then we can go out and get 3 maybe 4 (PL squad size dependent) quality first team players. We need two CBs, a RW and possibly an attacking midfielder who can fill several positions. 

If not, sack BR and don't sell Fofanna or Tilemans because with them this squad is more than good enough to compete. The problem is BR and how stubborn he is. 

Selling Fofana and Tielemans won’t allow us to bring in anyone other than replacements for Fofana and Tielemans.

It’s Soumare, Vestergaard and the like that we’ll need to move on instead, or as we’ll as. I can see us selling Fofana, loaning out a couple of the fringe players and then panic buying a AMR.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, damolcfc said:

Still got leuven to look forward to at 530pm.... 🙈 

I just don't know anymore,  I was confident of a 3-0 home win vs Southampton..... 🙊🤡

...OHL looking just as vulnerable as we do!!!

This need for all teams to adopt passing the ball around at the back worries me when I watch it. OHL are pretty poor at doing it, but it seems to be a virus running through football at the moment. 

Holzhauser just not where he should be to take us up the pitch. A long shot could be loaning  Braybrooke to them this season as they need someone to orchestrate the play and he has

vision in his game. Nsingi is good with the ball over the top and playing off the opponents backline. Tamari may find linking up with someone like Braybrooke a better alternative, where he gets the supply rather that having to create it for himself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

How about that Che Messi lad that came off the bench, we literally couldn’t handle him from the moment he came on the pitch! He was superb (maybe as equally as we were inept).

Hes an Oadby owls lad, I'm sure we probably let him out of our grasp!

This is what we are missing atm.

A player to come on and scare a defence.

We put on a dub and it scares our OWN  defence not the oppositions!

• Like 1

We were out muscled in every part of the pitch. Our defenders by their strikers, our forwards by their defenders, and in midfield. We are physically weak which is one reason why we defend set pieces so poorly.

Are we even fit? I watched Saints regularly surround a player of ours in possession and rob the ball off them. I saw nothing remotely equivalent the other way, despite the managers claim that we are a pressing team.

I saw no leadership either on the pitch or on the touch line. No determination to turn things around, no mutual encouragement. 

Posters in here talk about us being a top side on paper. But we don’t play on paper. This side, particularly this defence, is capable of getting us relegated. The Southampton defence has been completely revamped this season with new, young players. Despite that, it looked far better organised than ours -which contained experienced international defenders. 

It's a weird feeling at the minute, I just don't really feel like I care as much. A loss is met with oh well rather than a ****s sake. I made no effort to watch the game and managed to avoid the forum until now. The club as a whole lacks any spark at the minute, energy has been zapped and everything is bad news. Probably need a relegation battle to add some bite into the crowd lol

Does feel like we've peaked. 

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

It's a weird feeling at the minute, I just don't really feel like I care as much. A loss is met with oh well rather than a ****s sake. I made no effort to watch the game and managed to avoid the forum until now. The club as a whole lacks any spark at the minute, energy has been zapped and everything is bad news. Probably need a relegation battle to add some bite into the crowd lol

I worry a relegation wouldn't actually bring out much bite now. Feels like the majority is just in a kind of doze down there win, lose or draw. 

• Like 1

BR and his subs for the sake of making subs again needs looking at and  he needs to be asked these questions after the game.

The lads didn’t have a clue where they were playing after Perez and Vardy were bought off..

all we hear though is, we won the fa cup, we came this position and that position…

BR and our players have been shite since the end of the 20/21 season in the league 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Selling Fofana and Tielemans won’t allow us to bring in anyone other than replacements for Fofana and Tielemans.

It’s Soumare, Vestergaard and the like that we’ll need to move on instead, or as we’ll as. I can see us selling Fofana, loaning out a couple of the fringe players and then panic buying a AMR.

Why won’t selling Tilemans and Fofanna allow us to bring in several players? We’d get £100m for the two of them by all accounts. We’re not about to spend that on 2 players. We’ve let Hamza go and we’ve released two GKs and brought in one so by my reckoning there is room in the squad for at least 3 players. 

We were bloody awful yesterday.  One shot on target in 96 minutes is pee poor at any level.  We score take the lead then retreat backwards and cant defend for toffee.  Justin kept getting sucked in to the middle of the pitch leaving Walker Peters with the whole side of the pitch to run into.  We got deeper n deeper.  All 11 back for any corner into the 6yard box comical.

Said it once Armatey needs to go.  He is awful, my heart is in my mouth everytime he gets the ball always makes a mistake, bailed out numerous times by Ndidi yesterday, who himself, didnt play well but he was essentially trying to cover two positions.  Armatey is not a centreback at premier league level.  Problem is he is Brendans love child he will always get picked.  Soyuncu is a better player yet doesnt get a sniff.  Ward too a poor keeper again not premiership standard.

One point return against Brentford and Southampton at home is relegation form.  Unless things change, we will be in a relegation scrap this season.

Reading Tops notes in the programme yesterday didnt fill me with any hope or joy either.  Something morally wrong at our club, Rudkin, Whelan and Top need to take responsibility for the shambles that has been created.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...OHL looking just as vulnerable as we do!!!

This need for all teams to adopt passing the ball around at the back worries me when I watch it. OHL are pretty poor at doing it, but it seems to be a virus running through football at the moment. 

Holzhauser just not where he should be to take us up the pitch. A long shot could be loaning  Braybrooke to them this season as they need someone to orchestrate the play and he has

vision in his game. Nsingi is good with the ball over the top and playing off the opponents backline. Tamari may find linking up with someone like Braybrooke a better alternative, where he gets the supply rather that having to create it for himself. 

Scary isn't it.

I genuinely fear for the game as a whole, you may aswell watch Chess, or Rugby where passing sideways and backwards is the rule and actively encouraged - The irony being they pass sideways and backwards but they still get forward more than alot of football teams.

Football comes in cycles and a change can't come soon enough.

Many match going football fans (of not just this club but others) I speak to are all rapidly losing interest.

1 minute ago, ozvaldo said:

There’s so much wrong. 

Evans, Vardy and Albrighton are all passed it. 
Evans was a poor choice of captain.  He doesn’t say a word, he’s too placid. And Albrighton can barely make the bench.  The Vardy extension was simply papering over the deep cracks, probably hoping to motivate the crowd yesterday. Didn’t work. 

Those expensive ‘fringe’ players he bought last year can’t make the ****ing bench. Massive contracts. No easy sale. No idea why he’s in charge of picking who he wants. Would any serious club come in for Soumare / Vestergaard / Bertrand / Daka?  Doubt it. 

BR’s lack of motivation and plan B, combined with giant **** off ego means he’ll never take responsibility for this shit he’s taken us into.  It’s always someone else’s fault. 

We cannot keep playing an ageing, slowing, isolated Vardy up top. It literally doesn’t work. Everyone knows how to play against him. 

Our new head of recruitment doesn’t join until after the window is closed. Great work, guys. 

We’re loaned up to the eyeballs and the club keep banging on about stadium expansion. - Put your focus and money into the squad. We don’t need a bigger stadium, we literally need to stay in the league. 

Feels like lack of leadership / strategy / creativity / vision from the top to the bottom. 

Chelsea and Man U next. We could be rock bottom and 5 or 6 points adrift. 

It’s a ****ing shambles. 

Can't fault this tbh, it's exactly how I feel. Vardy as fantastic as he has been, shouldn't have been awarded a new 2 year extension on his salary, it's crazy. Evans is now looking laboured, he will be, he's what, 34! Another shocker for me is Ndidi, a shadow of his former self. All those ten's of millions spent on Seagrave for what, the Championship, because unless something changes and soon that's where we're going.

How much longer can we hold on to Madders, cos lets face it, he's a level above this lot. Lose him this season and it's game over.

• Like 1

The performance for the first 60 wasn’t great, but it wasn’t as bad as some are making out. We carved out opportunities but just looked rusty in front of goal.

However the performance level after scoring - bizarrely - was awful. A lack of coherence, shape, ideas and intelligence. And that is concerning. We just crumbled with the modest amount of pressure that a poor Southampton side applied, and obviously let a fella score twice that hasn’t scored since February in the league. Absolutely classic LCFC bottle job, not quite on par with allowing Solanke to look like peak Fat Ronaldo, but…

In footballing terms I think we should be well beyond the cross road - ie transitioning to a new era - but we’re still clinging on to it. Nowhere is this better encapsulated than Vardy, who quite clearly now should not be playing on his own at 35/36. He needs a younger partner beside him - ie Iheanacho. And they link up well together. But that means changing the shape and formation, and is Brendan willing to do that? Or perhaps he thinks we need that extra body in midfield/defence to make up for weaknesses there. Who knows, but it’s a mess.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

Funnily enough, our passing around at the back yesterday was more assured than I’ve seen for a while 

we managed to break their press on the few occasions that they tried it high up the pitch

we just lacked attacking penetration and made poor choices at crucial moments 

amartey had a couple of bomb scares in the final quarter of the game 

ward looked very nervous which was illustrated best when he just avoided giving away a pen in a situation where he simply should have been first to the ball 

the full backs played well and I enjoyed watching their tactical walk abouts which posed questions of Southampton’s set up 

Evans looks tentative 

big Dan looks like he’s won a competition to play in the PL - as it happens yesterdays wasn’t his worst performance but he was beaten by the flight of the decisive cross 

wilf was better than his last two games 

Harvey needs game time to sharpen up and he faded as the game went on 

madders flattered to deceive - couldn’t really affect the game 

vardy ran around a lot and still scares defences - at some point they will realise that he has lost his pace 

Perez was perez 

kdh started well but faded in the second period 

19 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

We were bloody awful yesterday.  One shot on target in 96 minutes is pee poor at any level.  We score take the lead then retreat backwards and cant defend for toffee.  Justin kept getting sucked in to the middle of the pitch leaving Walker Peters with the whole side of the pitch to run into.  We got deeper n deeper.  All 11 back for any corner into the 6yard box comical.

Said it once Armatey needs to go.  He is awful, my heart is in my mouth everytime he gets the ball always makes a mistake, bailed out numerous times by Ndidi yesterday, who himself, didnt play well but he was essentially trying to cover two positions.  Armatey is not a centreback at premier league level.  Problem is he is Brendans love child he will always get picked.  Soyuncu is a better player yet doesnt get a sniff.  Ward too a poor keeper again not premiership standard.

One point return against Brentford and Southampton at home is relegation form.  Unless things change, we will be in a relegation scrap this season.

Reading Tops notes in the programme yesterday didnt fill me with any hope or joy either.  Something morally wrong at our club, Rudkin, Whelan and Top need to take responsibility for the shambles that has been created.

It’s sad what’s going on at our great club listening to Simon Jordan on talk sport the other day said he thought that what happened with Vichai that the family are struggling to cope with the club because it was Vichai’s dream his love of running the club his visions and is Top and his brother struggling to put forward these dreams & visions?

Yes he’s built an amazing training facility and the ground has had plans gone in but listening to Jordan his thoughts on the playing staff the management structure is Tops heart really 100% behind Leicester City, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Top and he comes across as loving the club and it’s fans He doesn’t come across as struggling the way he dealt with & celebrated our FA Cup win his demeanour when at the ground he doesn’t look like a man struggling with the club?

Are the ones around him to blame Rudkin, Whelan, etc the ones who are there day to day when Top is away with his KP business, yes his and others have been hit hard during Covid but I’m sure he’ll pull this club back together !

Edited by justfoxes

22 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Vardy as fantastic as he has been, shouldn't have been awarded a new 2 year extension on his salary, it's crazy. Evans is now looking laboured, he will be, he's what, 34!

The contract situation has been really bothering me for a while. It was only last week we extended Choudhurys contract after spending all summer trying to sell him and then signing Alex Smithies knowing full well that Ward / Iversen are not of the required standard. And Ward got a new 4 year contract last season - where is the sense in this?

I’m sure the club are lining up a new deal for Evans too who looks had it, injuries have certainly done him now but I doubt we’ll take that into consideration - just look at Ricardo - shiny new 4 year contract after a few games back after a year injured then a few months later he’s crocked again.

Remember all the chat about Matty James contract but we’re on another level of stupidity now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Brendan? 😯

Rodgers should be getting a better tune out of the players regardless of no incoming transfers I gave him a pass last year due to the injuries,clearly there are issues within the club,I think the earlier the club make a change the better needs a fresh approach,with the lack of funds available I wouldn't mind seeing Dyche as a option.

• Like 2