Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Post Southampton 1-2

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's a weird feeling at the minute, I just don't really feel like I care as much. A loss is met with oh well rather than a ****s sake. I made no effort to watch the game and managed to avoid the forum until now. The club as a whole lacks any spark at the minute, energy has been zapped and everything is bad news. Probably need a relegation battle to add some bite into the crowd lol

Does feel like we've peaked. 

Most things in life are cyclical .Stoke had 10 years in the Premier and consistent top 10 finishes for instance. We look to be going the same way but at least have had some tremendous recent history.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

We cannot defend yet Rodgers seems to think we'll be able to sit on a 1-0 lead.

It's the football he's comfortable with, the football he knows, loves and trusts.

Remember accusations from certain sections of fans he doesn't like exciting, entertaining, attacking football?

He's all about 'controlling the game' even when we're clearly not controlling the game and not doing anything pro-active to do so.

:brendan:

Edited by Matt

Did anyone find how the players all crowded around together at the final whistle with Rodgers slightly bizarre ? 

It was like some suspended in shock for them. 

Fairly convinced team morale is broken there now - and it’s going to a bit of fortune in a game to start rebuilding it, Rodgers or no Rodgers 

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

He’s been control over goals for some time, often look back to that home game against West Brom where he was apoplectic at being 3-0 up at half time, yet delighted with the second half controlled performance of 0-0.

Still blows my mind to this day.

He was seething in that first half, proper mardy and had the arse.

Edited by Matt

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's the football he's comfortable with, the football he knows, loves and trusts.

Remember accusations from certain sections of fans he doesn't like exciting, entertaining, attacking football?

He's all about 'controlling the game' even when we're clearly not controlling the game and not doing anything pro-active to do so.

:brendan:

One former strength of Rodgers was looking to kill the game after scoring, we were good at getting two or three in quick succession.

The players are still capable of it.

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Did anyone find how the players all crowded around together at the final whistle with Rodgers slightly bizarre ? 

Fairly convinced team morale is broken there now - and it’s going to a bit of fortune in a game to start rebuilding it, Rodgers or no Rodgers 

I noted it with the contrast of madders who strode off after shaking a few hands 

almost as if they were scared to leave the pitch without all being in a group 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You may be right here. The things that are lacking from our team right now and have been for quite a while are character and fight. We just seem to fall apart when ever any team raises their game a level or two. We all talk about needing a right wing etc etc but to me what we really need is a ball winning midfield player who is comfortable further up the pitch than Ndidi.

We can all blame the manager, and rightly so, but the players are also letting us down. Just no spirit any more.

• Like 4

Both home games have been the same, we’ve run out of steam and the other side have taken their chances. It’s like sit back, let us huff and puff and then strike. I ain’t no expert but I’d have thought playing an ageing striker, who’s got woman problems to the tune of 3 million quid, up front on his own is part of the problem, all they have to do is run him about for half an hour and that’s it, no outlet. To me we should be starting with daka and nacho, run their players about them bring on vardy with 30 minutes to go.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Both home games have been the same, we’ve run out of steam and the other side have taken their chances. It’s like sit back, let us huff and puff and then strike. I ain’t no expert but I’d have thought playing an ageing striker up front on his own is part of the problem, all they have to do is run him about for half an hour and that’s it, no outlet. To me we should be starting with daka and nacho, run their players about them bring on vardy with 30 minutes to go.

This style and the absolute necessity to protect it is the problem. He never learns. 

Gucci belt.

In both home games the opposition manager makes changes and we can't cope. Someone made a great point all the way back to the cup final. We got away with it and we were all delighted. We got more negative and Rodgers tries to react rather than give the other manager something to worry about. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

We were bloody awful yesterday.  One shot on target in 96 minutes is pee poor at any level.  We score take the lead then retreat backwards and cant defend for toffee.  Justin kept getting sucked in to the middle of the pitch leaving Walker Peters with the whole side of the pitch to run into.  We got deeper n deeper.  All 11 back for any corner into the 6yard box comical.

Said it once Armatey needs to go.  He is awful, my heart is in my mouth everytime he gets the ball always makes a mistake, bailed out numerous times by Ndidi yesterday, who himself, didnt play well but he was essentially trying to cover two positions.  Armatey is not a centreback at premier league level.  Problem is he is Brendans love child he will always get picked.  Soyuncu is a better player yet doesnt get a sniff.  Ward too a poor keeper again not premiership standard.

One point return against Brentford and Southampton at home is relegation form.  Unless things change, we will be in a relegation scrap this season.

Reading Tops notes in the programme yesterday didnt fill me with any hope or joy either.  Something morally wrong at our club, Rudkin, Whelan and Top need to take responsibility for the shambles that has been created.

spot on, Amartey can't play at CB again, we need to look at soyuncu or vestegaard again or play Wilf there and bring Mendy into the dcm role.

What was said in Tops notes?

On 20/08/2022 at 16:54, purpleronnie said:

Only Newcastle and Southampton lost more points after taking the lead last season.  At this rate we'll be the worst this season.  That has to be something to do with player mentality and the manager's tactical changes...or a combination of both.

With Chelsea and Man Utd up next I'd be amazed if we weren't bottom after the next two games.

Strange that we have Man Utd home followed by Chelsea away! 

On 20/08/2022 at 16:54, Molson Canadian said:

How ironic, a Southampton lad!

What we need to do is get absolutely walloped and then hope that same team buys some of our players.

Abit like us beating Saints 9-0, buying 2 of their defenders and pay them about  150k a week NOT to play!!!...GENIUS!!!

Edited by Raj

As others have said, something rotten seems to be going on. Another possible sign for me is that when we were doing well, his coaching staff would be out giving him some advice or info. They all just sat like mutes glued to their seats yesterday. Also, when the players come over for drinks it looks as if most of the players were trying to avoid him. The body language in that Technical Area doesn't look good at all.  

Edited by l444ry