Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Rodgers In / Out

Rodgers In / Out  

740 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers In / Out

• In
    • Out

6 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Villa and Everton are our only hope!

Gerrard and Lampards sides look very poorly coached, even more so Villa this season now they’ve lost Beale. 

Villa should be ok with a lot of individual talent and a great goalkeeper.  

Everton will struggle with us. 

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Think whoever is in charge we'll still finish mid table at the worst and pushing for 7th at best. 

Keep him for now because we don't need any more turmoil, but if we're looking like we're getting dragged into a relegation battle when the World Cup comes around then he'll have to go. 

That's absolutely fine.

I've watched us be shit, i've watched us play year upon year of midtable obscurity in the Championship.

What I cannot and will not accept however is boring, sideways, nonsense football.

• Like 4

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Think whoever is in charge we'll still finish mid table at the worst and pushing for 7th at best. 

Keep him for now because we don't need any more turmoil, but if we're looking like we're getting dragged into a relegation battle when the World Cup comes around then he'll have to go. 

No idea where that optimism comes from. If the coach is dragging his heals around now then what is going to be happening between now and the WC that will change anything? We are actually weaker than at the end of last season (Fofana's head is turned, lost Kaspers leadership, Ricky injured, Lookman gone etc). 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

That's your opinion on the style of football. 

We get it, you want us to be an up-market Burnley, but it ain't gonna happen. We haven't spent the last 5 years changing the style of play to go back on it. 

The irony.

How's the sustainability of this style going anyway?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate

I caught a bit of Radio Leicester yesterday for the first time in forever, Matt Piper was pretty scathing, didn't believe that Rodgers wanted to be here, ie toys out the pram as soon as the money dries up. That's quite a statement for cutesy non confrontational local radio.

I think he was bang on by the way. Anyone can be a manager when it's all about signing better players than you already have, improving current players is what real coaches do, he ain't that. 

5 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Bringing in two players from a poor Southampton side under a manager with 34% win percentage since 2018 and that we thrashed 9-0.  Jesus if that's the winning attitude Rodgers wants to instill via osmosis we really are in trouble. 

Did you see the broader point?

3 hours ago, Sly said:

At the end of last season,  we had the 7th highest wage bill in the league. Simple expectations based on that alone, puts us top half of the league. 

Rodgers is now ranging between 14/5 and 6/1 to be the next Manager to get sacked with the bookies. 

The interesting one would be Ten Haag at Manchester United. I wonder if they’ve worked out that he’ll be an abject failure yet, so would debate taking someone like Rodgers, so we could part with him amicably? 

Nah no chance any of the big clubs are taking him now. 

Over the last few years there have been more Leicester shirts being worn in and around the country (edit - meant county but I’m going to leave country, because it’s still applicable) than I’ve ever known. The majority of kids at school in the county that are into football must be Leicester fans now, which was probably not the case 10-20 years ago, at least not to the extent it is now. Relegation is obviously the worst case scenario this season but even if we stay up, if we continue with this brand of football this new generation of fans will lose interest. Especially at a time when families are going to start feeling the pinch (a huge understatement). 

Did we sell out yesterday? 

Edited by Trumpet

13 minutes ago, taupe said:

Did you see the broader point?

Yes but I don't think those players really prove that point.  Nor do I think you can read much into what Rodgers says publicly as it's constant spin so, whilst it's a neat idea, it's rather speculative. Nothing wrong with speculation of course, it's why we are here.  

It may be one of the problems with him as coach but quite frankly there are a whole constellation of other things he's also shite at e.g. tactical inflexibility, poor substitutions and so on that I'm far more concerned with than the time Rodgers came out with some media friendly crap about a winning mentality.   

Yep done be gone with you Brendan !!!  Fofo and Tilly Too take the money and run. Neither wants to be here one is to slow and one is injury prone. To be fair both are good players but their time here has gone stale and it is time to move them both really probably past the time for that ?????  Team is very hard to watch right now so sad that a great fan base has to endure this poor management. This is the major concern at this point !!! Asking to much for players not spending on good players and backing a coach well past his expiration date. Why ?????   Let me guess $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

Yes but I don't think those players really prove that point. 

I use them as examples rather than proof. I can't prove anything either way! As you rightly say, I'm indulging in speculation - thought experiments even.

If you can run with the idea (i.e. Rodgers being unable to coach 'winning mentality' so trying to buy it in) then that's all I intended :)

6 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Over the last few years there have been more Leicester shirts being worn in and around the country (edit - meant county but I’m going to leave country, because it’s still applicable) than I’ve ever known. The majority of kids at school in the county that are into football must be Leicester fans now, which was probably not the case 10-20 years ago, at least not to the extent it is now. Relegation is obviously the worst case scenario this season but even if we stay up, if we continue with this brand of football this new generation of fans will lose interest. Especially at a time when families are going to start feeling the pinch (a huge understatement). 

Did we sell out yesterday? 

We didnt

• Like 1