Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Rodgers In / Out

Rodgers In / Out  

740 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers In / Out

• In
    • Out

On 21/08/2022 at 14:02, pmcla26 said:

That's your opinion on the style of football. 

We get it, you want us to be an up-market Burnley, but it ain't gonna happen. We haven't spent the last 5 years changing the style of play to go back on it. 

Because this football is modern and progressive, but the results aren't as good as we have players who are dangerous when we counter, if anyone can remember that we were the best counter attacking team in the country, it has been a while... 

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 1

On 21/08/2022 at 13:57, pmcla26 said:

Think whoever is in charge we'll still finish mid table at the worst and pushing for 7th at best. 

Keep him for now because we don't need any more turmoil, but if we're looking like we're getting dragged into a relegation battle when the World Cup comes around then he'll have to go. 

What makes you think that? We have played two home games against Brentford and Southampton and have come away with one point. As far as I'm concerned, the worst that could happen this season is that we go down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

What makes you think that? We have played two home games against Brentford and Southampton and have come away with one point. As far as I'm concerned, the worst that could happen this season is that we go down. 

Absolutely no sign of fight or desire in the team. Lacklustre in every respect and wet themselves whenever they take the lead. Complacency has set in and we ARE staring down the barrel. Might take a while for some to realise it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Absolutely no sign of fight or desire in the team. Lacklustre in every respect and wet themselves whenever they take the lead. Complacency has set in and we ARE staring down the barrel. Might take a while for some to realise it. 

And this is exactly the reason why I am taking our current predicament seriously. I don't want us to be the type of club that brings in managers like Sam Allardyce and Sean Dyche, but if that's what we have to do to avoid going down, then I will just bite the bullet. 

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Why do you make stuff up? Plenty of fight and desire evident on Saturday. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigMicky said:

Why do you make stuff up? Plenty of fight and desire evident on Saturday. 

You really do defend him at all costs don't you?

ARM1868,  was right in their post. We do look a shadow of a team that  Rodgers took over.  It saddens me to say that during the last 18 month's (not just the last 3 games)  we have been on the decline. Watch the matches back my friend, really do,  and tell me we aren't boring to watch,  lack of any real press going forward,  just a sideways and backwards passing session and possession at all costs (Saturday's match was 62% possession,  but only 2 corners,  hardly fighting to show any desire to get in the oppositions half,  6 shots,  and wait for it, only 1 shot on target, all that when having nearly double the possesion of Southampton) we have a soft defence that has taken Rodgers well over a season to admit we have a problem and seek the help of a set piece coach,  (who still isn't here) and to address your comment on desire,  we didn't show too much after Adams came on for them as surprise, surprise we squandered yet another lead,  a carry over problem from last season,.  The available video footage,  but more importantly the post match stats, and final scores don't lie,  it all happened, and its what other posters who's view differs to yours, and want this fraud gone from our club, use to quantify their comments. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

ARM1868,  was right in their post. We do look a shadow of a team that  Rodgers took over.  It saddens me to say that during the last 18 month's (not just the last 3 games)  we have been on the decline. Watch the matches back my friend, really do,  and tell me we aren't boring to watch,  lack of any real press going forward,  just a sideways and backwards passing session and possession at all costs (Saturday's match was 62% possession,  but only 2 corners,  hardly fighting to show any desire to get in the oppositions half,  6 shots,  and wait for it, only 1 shot on target, all that when having nearly double the possesion of Southampton) we have a soft defence that has taken Rodgers well over a season to admit we have a problem and seek the help of a set piece coach,  (who still isn't here) and to address your comment on desire,  we didn't show too much after Adams came on for them as surprise, surprise we squandered yet another lead,  a carry over problem from last season,.  The available video footage,  but more importantly the post match stats, and final scores don't lie,  it all happened, and its what other posters who's view differs to yours, and want this fraud gone from our club, use to quantify their comments. 

I go to the games. I don't need to watch them back.  I see James tracking 80 yard runs,  I see Evans throwing himself at a ball. I see Wilf trying to win headers. The team isn't lacking fight.  It's made out on here that we are Sunday league.  We aren't getting battered by anyone and we are being punished for sloppiness. If we were getting humped each week then I'd understand,  but we aren't. They way you go on about how terrible we are just isn't true, it's overeactionary and screams of not being reasonable. I see issues with Rodgers,  no doubt about that,  but making up stuff is pathetic, all to fit the narrative. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

I go to the games. I don't need to watch them back.  I see James tracking 80 yard runs,  I see Evans throwing himself at a ball. I see Wilf trying to win headers. The team isn't lacking fight.  It's made out on here that we are Sunday league.  We aren't getting battered by anyone and we are being punished for sloppiness. If we were getting humped each week then I'd understand,  but we aren't. They way you go on about how terrible we are just isn't true, it's overeactionary and screams of not being reasonable. I see issues with Rodgers,  no doubt about that,  but making up stuff is pathetic, all to fit the narrative. 

Sloppiness aka lack of fight? :whistle:

Ha Ha, BigMicky,  that seems to be your go to phrase my friend, that people "making stuff up" if its not something agree with.

I too attend the matches,  but its says something when quite a few posters on this forum say very similar to myself, Are we all "making stuff up?" 

Edited by Guppys Love Child

8 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

There are many aspects of the game some fans can spot, like you do, but managers that earn millions don't have a clue, like Rodgers. For 17min we were playing well with quick first touches (pass&go forward) causing some problems despite our formation wasn't suited to create many chances. Castagne with this kind of movement found himself many times inside the box but after this there was no support. Just Vardy somewhere between 2-3 defenders, Madisson 3m away and Barnes wandering around like a headless chicken. 

After the 17min mark Southampton crowded more the centre creating a solid low block which was shifting especially to our left side to contain any Barnes diagonal runs knowing that the Perez/Castagne collaboration was just bells and whistles unable to create something dangerous. 

How Rodgers can't see these things is beyond any logical explanation. 

9 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Ha Ha, BigMicky,  that seems to be your go to phrase my friend, that people "making stuff up" if its not something agree with.

I too attend the matches,  but its says something when quite a few posters on this forum say very similar to myself, Are we all "making stuff up?" 

Likewise,  quite a few agree with me. It's fine your clueless and need to make stuff up as you don't understand football. No problem,  plenty of you down at the KP most weeks 👍

Just now, BigMicky said:

Likewise,  quite a few agree with me. It's fine your clueless and need to make stuff up as you don't understand football. No problem,  plenty of you down at the KP most weeks 👍

You still had to mention "make stuff up" again in this reply, didn't you.. 😂😂

Oh just to point out it seems that 91% happen to agree with me. 

Finally,  calling me clueless and claiming I know nothing about football, is very mean,  and not very nice,  but don't worry, I still love you and you are still on my Xmas Card list 😁😁

19 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

You still had to mention "make stuff up" again in this reply, didn't you.. 😂😂

Oh just to point out it seems that 91% happen to agree with me. 

Finally,  calling me clueless and claiming I know nothing about football, is very mean,  and not very nice,  but don't worry, I still love you and you are still on my Xmas Card list 😁😁

Prove its exactly 91% otherwise you're clueless :ph34r:

27 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

There are many aspects of the game some fans can spot, like you do, but managers that earn millions don't have a clue, like Rodgers. For 17min we were playing well with quick first touches (pass&go forward) causing some problems despite our formation wasn't suited to create many chances. Castagne with this kind of movement found himself many times inside the box but after this there was no support. Just Vardy somewhere between 2-3 defenders, Madisson 3m away and Barnes wandering around like a headless chicken. 

After the 17min mark Southampton crowded more the centre creating a solid low block which was shifting especially to our left side to contain any Barnes diagonal runs knowing that the Perez/Castagne collaboration was just bells and whistles unable to create something dangerous. 

How Rodgers can't see these things is beyond any logical explanation. 

Spot on.

This is what I was  hinting at when saying over the past 18Mth we have regressed as a team. (just not as eloquently as you and as much detail - thanks) 

It feels like we don't have a plan B,  and Rodgers lacks the ability to change or react on the fly. 

1 hour ago, BigMicky said:

Brentford and southampton were awful though , which makes it fairly terrible. If we are below both of those at the end of the season, we are certainly in a relegation fight

• Like 1