Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Rodgers In / Out

Rodgers In / Out  

740 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers In / Out

• In
    • Out

57 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

I go to the games. I don't need to watch them back.  I see James tracking 80 yard runs,  I see Evans throwing himself at a ball. I see Wilf trying to win headers. The team isn't lacking fight.  It's made out on here that we are Sunday league.  We aren't getting battered by anyone and we are being punished for sloppiness. If we were getting humped each week then I'd understand,  but we aren't. They way you go on about how terrible we are just isn't true, it's overeactionary and screams of not being reasonable. I see issues with Rodgers,  no doubt about that,  but making up stuff is pathetic, all to fit the narrative. 

Appreciate your loyalty and optimism but the alarm bells are ringing. Not everything is Rodgers' fault and our quality players continue to paper over the cracks, but we are heading for a relegation battle if something doesn't change. I am sure that Top is fast coming to the conclusion that changing our manager would be the best way to turn things around. If we are still in the bottom 3 after the Spurs game then, if I were Top, that would be a good time to pull the trigger, particularly as our next game would be Forest at home..The atmosphere in the ground would be transformed. Win that, and with a run of winnable fixtures coming up, we'd be mid-table before the WC break. Waiting until the WC starts is the other option and in the end the timing will depend on when they have found a suitable replacement. I cannot believe that the search for a new coach has not already begun. 

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

There are many aspects of the game some fans can spot, like you do, but managers that earn millions don't have a clue, like Rodgers. For 17min we were playing well with quick first touches (pass&go forward) causing some problems despite our formation wasn't suited to create many chances. Castagne with this kind of movement found himself many times inside the box but after this there was no support. Just Vardy somewhere between 2-3 defenders, Madisson 3m away and Barnes wandering around like a headless chicken. 

After the 17min mark Southampton crowded more the centre creating a solid low block which was shifting especially to our left side to contain any Barnes diagonal runs knowing that the Perez/Castagne collaboration was just bells and whistles unable to create something dangerous. 

How Rodgers can't see these things is beyond any logical explanation. 

Did he write it in his pad or had his pen run out of ink? 

52 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Oooh. I've done it again... It's 91.26%.

Sorry everyone for fabricating stuff

We’re all wrong mate. The team were quality. Threw themselves into every challenge. Fought like tigers. Didn’t panic at all. Some people know this because they go to the games with their dad. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Good question, will a decent manager want to come to us seeing we have no money for transfers

We will do in future transfer windows, which gives them time to work out what we need. Whats the point of hiring a new head of this if we are never making another transfer?

Edited by Chelmofox

2 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Oh.. You got me.  I must have "made it up" and therefore must be clueless... It was in fact 91.24%

Maybe the bar graph at the top of the page is making stuff up too? 

Exactly - 91.24% - you were 0.24% out - might as well close your account down and never post again, spreading fake news I tell you! :innocent:

2 hours ago, Claridge said:

Brentford and southampton were awful though , which makes it fairly terrible. If we are below both of those at the end of the season, we are certainly in a relegation fight

Happy with one shot on goal all match as long as we don't get battered ?

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I know the post match ratings are usually higher than these polls but he finished on like 35% support: https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/118505-match-ratings-leicester-city-1-4-crystal-palace-vote-now/

Ghezzal had one of his better games I see. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

On 22/08/2022 at 18:21, Dahnsouff said:

Top is probably more concerned about the financial climate and his business to be honest, and not some footballing fans that wouldn’t recognise the good times if it hit them on the ass.  lol

He will be even more concerned if BR gets us relegated this season!!!!!

On 22/08/2022 at 19:33, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

We also finished 5th twice, which is framed as a disappointment. It’s not all been bad.

Yeah, thanks for reminding me of the time we bottled a 15 point lead over 5th with only 14 games remaining and the other time when we were in the top 4 for the whole season until the penultimate match and then even when Chelsea tried their best on the last day to let us in to the top 4, we threw away a 2-1 lead at home to Spurs. 

“BUT WE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THAT WE CAME 5TH BECAUSE WE WERE IN LEAGUE ONE 13 YEARS AGO!!!! 🤬🤬🤬

19 hours ago, BigMicky said:

I go to the games. I don't need to watch them back.  I see James tracking 80 yard runs,  I see Evans throwing himself at a ball. I see Wilf trying to win headers. The team isn't lacking fight.  It's made out on here that we are Sunday league.  We aren't getting battered by anyone and we are being punished for sloppiness. If we were getting humped each week then I'd understand,  but we aren't. They way you go on about how terrible we are just isn't true, it's overeactionary and screams of not being reasonable. I see issues with Rodgers,  no doubt about that,  but making up stuff is pathetic, all to fit the narrative. 

I disagree with this. Busting a gut to get back doesn’t necessarily show fight and desire.

You could argue that challenging the opposition, getting close to your man and actually throwing yourself at the ball when it matters is what shows fight. If you’re not doing it for 90 mins it’s meaningless - we saw with both of Southampton’s goals it wasn’t just a lack of concentration, it was a lack of desire to either win the ball or make it difficult for the guy you’re marking. The truth of the matter is, other teams want it more than we do and that’s been evident for a while.