Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Rodgers In / Out

Rodgers In / Out  

740 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers In / Out

• In
    • Out

8 minutes ago, shiv said:

I disagree with this. Busting a gut to get back doesn’t necessarily show fight and desire.

You could argue that challenging the opposition, getting close to your man and actually throwing yourself at the ball when it matters is what shows fight. If you’re not doing it for 90 mins it’s meaningless - we saw with both of Southampton’s goals it wasn’t just a lack of concentration, it was a lack of desire to either win the ball or make it difficult for the guy you’re marking. The truth of the matter is, other teams want it more than we do and that’s been evident for a while.

It 100% shows fight. How can it be construed any other way. Baffling.  So if the players are not showing fight,  who's fault is that? Minimum required from a player is effort and that's on them,  not the manager. 

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

It 100% shows fight. How can it be construed any other way. Baffling.  So if the players are not showing fight,  who's fault is that? Minimum required from a player is effort and that's on them,  not the manager. 

So in your opinion, did the players show fight in the goals we conceded on Saturday?

34 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Yeah, thanks for reminding me of the time we bottled a 15 point lead over 5th with only 14 games remaining and the other time when we were in the top 4 for the whole season until the penultimate match and then even when Chelsea tried their best on the last day to let us in to the top 4, we threw away a 2-1 lead at home to Spurs. 

“BUT WE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THAT WE CAME 5TH BECAUSE WE WERE IN LEAGUE ONE 13 YEARS AGO!!!! 🤬🤬🤬

It’s not about being grateful etc, but you do need to consider how much we spend compared with others. With the 8-10th biggest budget would you have taken 5th ? And I’m not saying the collapse wasn’t frustrating 

20 hours ago, BigMicky said:

I go to the games. I don't need to watch them back.  I see James tracking 80 yard runs,  I see Evans throwing himself at a ball. I see Wilf trying to win headers. The team isn't lacking fight.  It's made out on here that we are Sunday league.  We aren't getting battered by anyone and we are being punished for sloppiness. If we were getting humped each week then I'd understand,  but we aren't. They way you go on about how terrible we are just isn't true, it's overeactionary and screams of not being reasonable. I see issues with Rodgers,  no doubt about that,  but making up stuff is pathetic, all to fit the narrative. 

How dare you air your sensible views here! 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Yes, I blame the board for not sacking the manager. 

It’s getting towards that point.

The season was written off before it started, whilst that’s partly Rodgers fault with his insipid style of play which is inconducive and not being backed given who we’ve signed during his reign and hardly any of them improving our starting 11, it’s also not his fault for a) not being sacked and b) if he were not to be sacked - not being backed. 

One or the other, the club did neither.

The board and powers that be are now becoming culpable.