Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Rodgers In / Out

Rodgers In / Out  

740 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers In / Out

• In
    • Out

3 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

"Had no interest in finding a stream for the game and laughed when I saw they'd gone in front."

Make your mind up?

Christ you actually can't understand can you. Go and have a lie down.

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

We need to hang on in there... If Liverpool beat Man Utd and then we do, they might sack Ten Hag and bring Rodgers in. Instead of paying him off he get compensation.

I am genius.

It stopped being funny when I realised that this is a great idea.

• Haha 2

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

We need to hang on in there... If Liverpool beat Man Utd and then we do, they might sack Ten Hag and bring Rodgers in. Instead of paying him off he get compensation.

I am genius.

We can only hope, Man U are pretty shit at recruiting so it is possible I suppose 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

"Had no interest in finding a stream for the game and laughed when I saw they'd gone in front."

Make your mind up?

I don’t think laughing really shows anyone wanted us to lose. After their first goal, in fact from the moment they kicked off after our goal it felt inevitable they’d get back into it. A case of if you don’t laugh you’d cry I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Molson Canadian said:

I don't see any available managers with premier league experience who we realistically could approach that would fit in with the club. 

They do not need to have Premier League experience - why do you think that is so relevant? Klopp and Guardiola didn't have Premier League experience when they were appointed.

You take that self-imposed and odd restriction out of your reasoning and all of a sudden there is a world of football managers out there who could get the most out of this squad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think Rodgers can turn it around but at the same time I don't think anyone coming in will have the time and resource for an overhaul this season.

Much like with Shakey after Ranieri left, maybe it's a case of stopping the rot and get us playing some half decent football before the right man comes in next year.

Edited by TK95
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

They do not need to have Premier League experience - why do you think that is so relevant? Klopp and Guardiola didn't have Premier League experience when they were appointed.

You take that self-imposed and odd restriction out of your reasoning and all of a sudden there is a world of football managers out there who could get the most out of this squad.

Klopp and Guardiola had everything else other than EPL experience required to be a manager in the one of the top leagues in the world.  Both of which were top names before they even came to EPL. 

Being a manager in the EPL is more than just managing your starting 11.  It's everything else that goes with it marketing, branding, existing networking and relationships with players, coaches, agents, league officials, management.  Leicester under King Power during our EPL seasons with them has never hired a manager without EPL experience and I personally don't see that changing if Brendan goes.

Edited by Molson Canadian

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

first time i've voted out and plenty of others saying the same, so... 

nobody is forcing you to open the poll tbf

True. I just think it's pointless. Plus after that match I'm grumpy so need something to complain about.

Can't think where to start with the football itself. Not ready to face that minefield yet.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

Klopp and Guardiola had everything else other than EPL experience required to be a manager in the one of the top leagues in the world.  Both of which were top names before they even came to EPL. 

Being a manager in the EPL is more than just managing your starting 11.  It's everything else that goes with it marketing, branding, existing networking and relationships with players, coaches, agents, league officials, management.  Leicester under King Power during our EPL seasons with them has never hired a manager without EPL experience and I personally don't see that changing if Brendan goes.

Yes but they were not always names, were they? Not in management, anyway. Pep was fortunate to be a successful player and well thought of at Barca. Klopp was some guy who got a job at Mainz, not a huge club.

At one point they were just talented managers with the right characters and tactical understanding to be a success. Every single good or great manager has been that at some point. It's a really poor thought process to decide that you need someone with Premier League experience 1st and quality 2nd. I mean if we do that, we will only have the choice of managers who weren't good enough in their previous Premier League jobs to demand a job at one of the 'big 6'. Because if they did have a reputation already, they wouldn't come here. So we will be appointing has-beens and failures.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about branding or marketing for, you are mistaken. Football managers do not deal with that side of the club, there is an entire department at Leicester City for marketing. The manager's job is to get football results. And if we don't get a new one, we are seriously looking at relegation. All the marketing and branding in the world will do us no good if we are in the Championship and then potentially freefall if we continue to make bad decisions, such as not sacking Brendan.

Now granted that is worst case scenario but we are on that road at the moment, we are in the bottom 3 and in regression with several of our best players wanting to leave. We need to change our course.

We are agreed on one thing, King Power do tend to appoint 'known' managers with league experience. But that is not argument against sacking Rodgers. You arguing that is like me saying; 'I don't think Rodgers should own up to his own failings, because he doesn't have a record of doing that'.

It doesn't matter what the club has done before. The club NEEDS to sack Rodgers and it NEEDS to appoint a better football manager. Not a better marketing manager (Brendan is excellent at marketing anyway, it's not helping the club, only him). We should be looking for someone who has the quality without the reputation yet. That's what sensibly run clubs do.

Edited by Kitchandro
  • Like 2

I’ve always, always been someone that likes to stick with managers, and I’ve always felt Rodgers deserved the opportunity to continue at the helm and turn this around.

But even for me I think it’s time now. the football is dreadful, the excuses worse, and the good feeling that became synonymous with the club has disappeared. This doesn’t feel like the same football club as 2 years ago. 

I still believe Rodgers is a top manager but it isn’t working anymore and SOMETHING needs to change quickly. If you can’t beat this dire Saints side at home what’s the point. 

Thankyou Brendan but it’s time.