Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Rodgers In / Out

Rodgers In / Out  

740 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers In / Out

• In
    • Out

7 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Yes but they were not always names, were they? Not in management, anyway. Pep was fortunate to be a successful player and well thought of at Barca. Klopp was some guy who got a job at Mainz, not a huge club.

At one point they were just talented managers with the right characters and tactical understanding to be a success. Every single good or great manager has been that at some point. It's a really poor thought process to decide that you need someone with Premier League experience 1st and quality 2nd. I mean if we do that, we will only have the choice of managers who weren't good enough in their previous Premier League jobs to demand a job at one of the 'big 6'. Because if they did have a reputation already, they wouldn't come here. So we will be appointing has-beens and failures.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about branding or marketing for, you are mistaken. Football managers do not deal with that side of the club, there is an entire department at Leicester City for marketing. The manager's job is to get football results. And if we don't get a new one, we are seriously looking at relegation. All the marketing and branding in the world will do us no good if we are in the Championship and then potentially freefall if we continue to make bad decisions, such as not sacking Brendan.

Now granted that is worst case scenario but we are on that road at the moment, we are in the bottom 3 and in regression with several of our best players wanting to leave. We need to change our course.

We are agreed on one thing, King Power do tend to appoint 'known' managers with league experience. But that is not argument against sacking Rodgers. You arguing that is like me saying; 'I don't think Rodgers should own up to his own failings, because he doesn't have a record of doing that'.

It doesn't matter what the club has done before. The club NEEDS to sack Rodgers and it NEEDS to appoint a better football manager. Not a better marketing manager (Brendan is excellent at marketing anyway, it's not helping the club, only him). We should be looking for someone who has the quality without the reputation yet. That's what sensibly run clubs do.

Branding and marketing very much tie into the manager.  It's who it is, who they are, where they come from and how they can be presented to the media and fans.  In today's world of football every single club in the EPL is a business.  These clubs are setup and operated to generate the maximum amount of money for the owners and shareholders.  It's about having the ability to sell shirts, merchandise and be recognized in the global media to generate fans and followers who in turn spend money that goes towards the club.  Fans identify clubs by who the players are and the manager are.

Lets say we sack Rodgers which I'm not against.  Who do you replace him with?  Reputation of a manager plays into a lot of factors such as players who want to come here, agents who will promote that manager to potential players, coaches who want to come and work.  I would say all current EPL managers have some sort of professional football relationship with members of backroom staff and upper management at all the other EPL clubs.  It's not easy to bring in a smaller name manager into the EPL.

We are in a scary situation bottom 3 and what appears to be an unhappy squad, something needs to be done I agree.

Edited by Molson Canadian

I watched the game and the 1st half was not the most exciting but we were decent enough and the team most likely to win.

When we came out at HT i was expecting us to be more up for it, but it was slow and laborius, Southampton were getting the upper foot. However a cracking goal from Madderz after 10mins and we are 1-0. Usually i would be happy as larry with this, however it felt like a curse and i KNEW like probably 95% of FT what was going to happen next. And it did... We stick 9 players to defend and then concede. 

So for this reason i am changing for the 1st time my vote to OUT.

I like BR and i do respect him for what he has given us and will not lower myself to blame him for every fault that is currently happening in our club, neither will i take every opportunity to have a go at him (regardless of thread) But for the benefit of LCFC & the team we have, it is time for a change.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Perhaps after 3 disappointing games the board do not think this is still likely. :dunno:

They may well think it isn’t likely but let’s be honest if we carry on how we are, it will happen. 

Edited by Lcfc82

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

They may well think it isn’t likely but let’s be honest if we carry on how we are it will happen. 

Of course, 1 point from 3 games, 2 of think you would regard as being winnable is very poor, but this is their club and they will see what we do not

2 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Gonna be some long away days at Chelsea, Brighton and Spurs if he ain't removed pronto.  

We'll not get any points from those games even with a new manager.

They are all better than us.

When the fixtures came out I couldn't see us getting any points from our first 5 away games. It was always the home games that were more important to win, especially against Brentford and Southampton, and the most disappointing thing is we've only taken 1 point from those 2.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Silly little personal anecdote, but when I told the wife the score and she raised her eyebrows expecting me to be in a bad mood, my reaction was:

"It's just a game. It doesn't matter."

I'm not sure I've ever said that before. I'm just resigned to us losing a game, even if we go ahead. I'm completely uninterested in this season now, which feels very weird. 

Cheers Rodgers for the FA Cup and European runs, but your time here is at an end. You've started to damage our football club, and people have lost faith in it during your tenure. Please leave so we can get some fresh ideas in the building. Heck, just some ideas would be a good start.

• Like 4