Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Rodgers In / Out

Rodgers In / Out  

740 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers In / Out

• In
    • Out

3 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Silly little personal anecdote, but when I told the wife the score and she raised her eyebrows expecting me to be in a bad mood, my reaction was:

"It's just a game. It doesn't matter."

I'm not sure I've ever said that before. I'm just resigned to us losing a game, even if we go ahead. I'm completely uninterested in this season now, which feels very weird. 

Cheers Rodgers for the FA Cup and European runs, but your time here is at an end. You've started to damage our football club, and people have lost faith in it during your tenure. Please leave so we can get some fresh ideas in the building. Heck, just some ideas would be a good start.

I’m the same. I came away feeling numb from the performance. It’s got to the Puel stage for me. And no matter what there’s no way back from this for Brendan……… we’re in genuine trouble now…. All of sudden survival seems like a good thing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m the same. I came away feeling numb from the performance. It’s got to the Puel stage for me. And no matter what there’s no way back from this for Brendan……… we’re in genuine trouble now…. All of sudden survival seems like a good thing. 

Puel was far less successful, but I gave him plenty more slack. In fact, I was defending him until quite near the end still, even though he had contributed far less to our success.

I think Rodgers regularly talking us down for the past two years, his subtle digs at the fans and owners are what's pushed me over the edge. If he was a better manager, he could still be critical and talk about a "we" (him and the team) who are responsible—you don't have to abdicate responsibility, blame everyone else, or throw players under the bus. The fact you can see him attempting to weave a hard-done-by narrative for himself in the media speaks volume for his character. Really disappointing.

And I just don't think he can turn this around at all. @Finnegan hit the nail on the head a few pages back: he wants players to already have the winning, competitive, resilient mindset. He doesn't want to (or know how to) instil that in young players, so we crumble. And we always will, until something (he/the manager) changes.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I didn’t think we were, thought we had enough. But watching that shite, the players looking totally lost and no Kasper, Ricardo, Fofana and Tielemans. We suddenly look like relegation fodder.

• Like 1

Notwithstanding the good football at the start of his tenure and the FA Cup win I’ll look back on Rodger’s time here as him being a manager who produced an unentertaining team that lacked character when it mattered. He’s going to leave us in a worse position than when he came in. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Losing is bad, but stowel as interim while we look for someone else? Nah that's worse. 

...putting anyone in charge now, with the input of one or two players would release the handbrake on a team bound by a philosophy they appear unable to play by!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.

The most worrying thing is the capitulations. It’s not even surprising anymore. There’s something wrong with the mentality of the the team. I was gonna make a joke and say I’d take Dyche. Then, as I sad it in my head, I realised I wasn’t really joking and it made me shudder. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, taupe said:

@Finneganastutely (and correctly imho) pointed it out, and I think it worth reiterating for the club perspective. There's a contradiction at the heart of the club; Rodgers potentially cannot work with the kind of player the club model is built around.

Rodgers can only work with players that have that 'winning attitude' he seeks gained through match experience. He's unable to instill that. Further, as a club, we generally speaking cannot afford such players. 

The club in its own best interests has to address that contradiction.

Nicely put.  :appl: Presumably the quandary is how to address this contradiction.

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...putting anyone in charge now, with the input of one or two players would release the handbrake on a team bound by a philosophy they appear unable to play by!!!

Nice thought, yeah you get the initial 3-5 game bounce, then after that without a proper manager... It's turmoil

Remember shakey incharge? That was the most pointless aimless football we played in the prem. We have 35 games to go and without a suitable replacement we will be well in the turd. We won't be relegated with Rodgers, we could be with stowell who is clueless

(I say this because Rodgers has built the whole backroom staff, and if he's sacked, then they will all go)

It did actually 

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Presumably the quandary is how to address this contradiction.

It did actually make we wonder if the reason why Vestergaard and Bertrand were brought in was because they have that 'match winner/experience' attitude rather than the technical qualities that Rodgers likes to work with. The attitude Rodgers knows he can't coach, so he buys it in with the hope that the young'uns will learn it via osmosis, working with these players on the training ground etc. 

I'd never actually considered players being signed less for that they can do on the pitch than what they can bring to the squad off of it.

Edited by taupe

15 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Nice thought, yeah you get the initial 3-5 game bounce, then after that without a proper manager... It's turmoil

Remember shakey incharge? That was the most pointless aimless football we played in the prem. We have 35 games to go and without a suitable replacement we will be well in the turd. We won't be relegated with Rodgers, we could be with stowell who is clueless

(I say this because Rodgers has built the whole backroom staff, and if he's sacked, then they will all go)

...my reply was regarding a previous poster who did not know who we could bring in!!!

My comments were to illustrate that anyone at the moment would re energise the squad.

Long term we have to have someone we trust in place, managers have been mentioned like Slot and if that means putting Stowell in charge for one or two league games until he arrives then fine.

14 minutes ago, taupe said:

It did actually 

It did actually make we wonder if the reason why Vestergaard and Bertrand were brought in was because they have that 'match winner/experience' attitude rather than the technical qualities that Rodgers likes to work with. The attitude Rodgers knows he can't coach, so he buys it in with the hope that the young'uns will learn it via osmosis, working with these players on the training ground etc. 

I'd never actually considered players being signed less for that they can do on the pitch than what they can bring to the squad off of it.

Bringing in two players from a poor Southampton side under a manager with 34% win percentage since 2018 and that we thrashed 9-0.  Jesus if that's the winning attitude Rodgers wants to instill via osmosis we really are in trouble. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Out and it needs to be done ASAP, yesterdays result wasn’t even a shock or surprise, as soon as Southampton equalised you knew what was going to happen. 

Brendan has checked out, his tactics, substitutions and inability to close out a game is there for all to see. On top of that the last 6 or so months of rambling on about over achievement, squad refreshes, player profiles, inexperience etc is nothing more than him trying to protect his brand/image. 

This is desperate, even in the darkest days under Puel, at least he cared, for me we have lost our identity and the club need to act today to reinvigorate the players and supporters. This squad if motivated and managed correctly have enough quality to be in and around the top 10. 

• Like 3