Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lifted*fox

Rodgers In / Out

Rodgers In / Out  

740 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers In / Out

• In
    • Out

15 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

We have an £80m CB. Youri, Madders and Ndidi who've all been valued over £180m total during his tenure. Vardy who recently won the golden boot. We haven't strengthened, no. But these are exceptional players, that bar Madders seem to have lost their way, their spirit and their want to be here.

Just reading through this thread and waiting for someone to say something similar. You could also throw in Barnes, Justin, KDH and Castagne in that mix. This is not like the Brian Little side of the 90's which was a team of cloggers and Mark Draper, that side was always going to struggle. 

The players we have are good enough to get top six but Rodgers gets nothing out of them and this trend has been going on for a year. The man has no idea what to do next, the corner fiasco situation is another, you expect a good manager to sort thing like that out reasonably easily.

He reminds me a bit of Ranieri now saying the same buzzwords over and over again and getting the same performances and results. 

• Thanks 1

Puel v Rodgers (Over 27 games - reasoning Puel lasted 27 games into thee 18/19 season)

Puel:

W - 9

D - 5

L - 13

GF - 32

GA - 38

Longest winning streak - 2 (3 times)

Longest losing streak - 3 (Once - Resulting in his sacking)

Longest streak without a win - 6 (Once - Resulting in his sacking)

Notable positive results - Chelsea (1-0). Man City (2-1), Liverpool (1-1)

Notable negative results - Wolves (3-4). Palace (1-4)

Rodgers:

W - 8

D - 7

L - 11

GF - 45

GA - 42

Longest winning streak - 2 (2 times)

Longest losing streak - 2 (Once)

Longest streak without a win - 5 (2 times)

Notable positive results - Newcastle (4-0), Liverpool (1-0), Norwich (3-0)*, Watford (5-1)*, Chelsea (1-1), Southampton (4-1)*

*Taking nothing away from the Norwich, Watford and Southampton games but they were against already relegated/or teams on the beach - for balance we were arguable already on the beach too.

Notable negative results - Man City (6-3), Tottenham (2-3)

There are possible more positive and negative results I could have added but under Puel's tenure I lost alot of interest therefore not taking much in and forgetting alot, likewise the same under Rodgers - being in more recent memory I know we've lost alot of matches late on for example but I cannot pinpoint specific games as I said i'm sure many other games could be added.

The aim of this post isn't comparing managers to say ones better than another (I couldn't and can't stand either), its about drawing parallels.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The players we have are good enough to get top six but Rodgers gets nothing out of them and this trend has been going on for a year.

Top 6 is an exaggeration when the Super League Six™ dwarf our revenue and can spend £300m per window, but Top 7-8? Definitely.

6th or above would only be feasible if Man United have another catastrophic season

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lfu said:

Top 6 is an exaggeration when the Super League Six™ dwarf our revenue and can spend £300m per window, but Top 7-8? Definitely.

6th or above would only be feasible if Man United have another catastrophic season

I have never expected us to compete with the big six long term as the finances will always tell in the end. However the players we have plenty of them would get decent game time at big six clubs. 

Bottom line is Rodgers is massively underperforming with the players he has at his disposal. I would never expect a manager to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but this is not the case here. He's paid like an elite manager and performing like an incompetent one.

• Like 3

September will decide his future I reckon, at the minute he can hide behind the lack of transfers and speculation regarding players leaving and the the trouble that causes. 

The problem with Rodgers is the lack of motivation, the ability to galvanise a side and play in a carefree way. We are shit defensively, so just go out an play some football. Most of us would cut a bit of slack if we were actually trying to play entertaining football, even if we lost. 

• Like 3

I feel like I’m staring into the abyss. 

I’m coming to the conclusion he’s part of the problem (we have a number of issues away from the playing side). We have more than enough talent but he can’t get these players playing for him. He’s the one thing we can actually change. 

I don’t know who we are going attract, we’re not as an attractive proposition as we were a year ago. 

I would love him to turn it around but as every week goes by it seems less likely. 

At the end of last season,  we had the 7th highest wage bill in the league. Simple expectations based on that alone, puts us top half of the league. 

Rodgers is now ranging between 14/5 and 6/1 to be the next Manager to get sacked with the bookies. 

The interesting one would be Ten Haag at Manchester United. I wonder if they’ve worked out that he’ll be an abject failure yet, so would debate taking someone like Rodgers, so we could part with him amicably? 

2 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Still angry, still don't think anything will change as of yet and still think cup game aside Rogers will not change a thing against chelsea. 

It’s he’s still here against Chelsea, we’ll be lining up with a similar team to the one that lost against Southampton. 

1 hour ago, taupe said:

It did actually 

It did actually make we wonder if the reason why Vestergaard and Bertrand were brought in was because they have that 'match winner/experience' attitude rather than the technical qualities that Rodgers likes to work with. The attitude Rodgers knows he can't coach, so he buys it in with the hope that the young'uns will learn it via osmosis, working with these players on the training ground etc. 

I'd never actually considered players being signed less for that they can do on the pitch than what they can bring to the squad off of it.

Interesting thought

Guest David Oldfields Gate

A recap of this season's excuses so far:

Brentford: the players were tired 

Arsenal: the players were inexperienced 

Southampton: the players were the wrong players 

Any bets on the excuse post Chelsea? 

1 minute ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Can see it now, back 5 all game with no attacking intent from the team from the word go. Rubbish in possession and invite pressure from Chelsea all game just to get to the inevitable 2/3-0 defeat. 

Post match will be along the lines off  "the boys worked hard, Chelsea's a fantastic club blah blah blah...  we're not where we want to be as a club to compete with these yet blah blah blah..."

Get him gone ffs. so soft.  

7 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Personally. I’d like it to be “I have decided to take up another challenge. Goodbye”.

However. I won’t hold my breath!

2 hours ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Loss to Chelsea brendan...yes I had tired inexperienced wrong players