Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

On 17/10/2022 at 12:57, GoonerJeeves said:

Bit of a legend Kolo Toure. During his trial at Arsenal, he started off by taking out Henry and Bergkamp, then finishing the training session by tackling Wenger two-footed...

Yes, I always like that story, shame he hasn't still got that sort of aggression in his belly. Just looks like a passive friendly overweight Teddy Bear now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/10/2022 at 12:57, GoonerJeeves said:

Bit of a legend Kolo Toure. During his trial at Arsenal, he started off by taking out Henry and Bergkamp, then finishing the training session by tackling Wenger two-footed...

Now all he likes to tackle is a bucket of KFC.

• Haha 2

On 12/10/2022 at 09:04, Ric Flair said:

Still not bowled over by him. The hype far outweighed actual reality up to the end of last season. It does appear he's done well at Brighton eventually but again, they were a club thst got way more praise than they really deserved. They were the masters at not being very good at winning football matches.

I will give him credit for them now though as finally there's substance to them, they can and do score goals and it would have been interesting to see if he could have got them a top 6 finish, if not then it's nothing special is it.

At Chelsea he has to win things, I don't think he will get more than 1 trophy less season so its no guarantee he will and then the jury is still out on him. As it stands Brendan Rodgers has done way more than him and he's the absolute pits now.

Definitely gotta let this go :D

Potter has a tendency to play brendan ball at times, but you just can't argue with the underlying statistics year after year. Brighton still look in good knick in the position he's left them. Rodgers is leaving a club on it's knees that was ready to challenge the elite when he joined only 3 years ago.

I think the fact he's actually decent bloke and manager is a big help as well. He's got the tactical knowledge and he can actually garner support from fans and his players. Brighton fans were gutted to see him go.

One is on a massive upward curve and the other is on his way down and out. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I hear brentford are making moves tie down danish frank. I don’t blame them either so that will be him out of the running soon.

a few months ago I would have punched myself in the face for even contemplating Sean dyche but right about now he looks like our only hope out of this mess. Also I think there is more to him than we all think from his past work at burnley. How much longer will the Rogers saga continue? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I'd like Rogers to stay til the end of the season, perform a miracle by keeping us in the division after being bottom all season, an then get sacked in pre season when the reasons for his continued employment come to light, before the new guy comes in...

And i want to become king of England mate... I wish it were like that as well but that year to hold out with him and give another coach the summer was last year. We didn't do it. We're seriously going to relegated if we don't move fast 

7 hours ago, NasPb said:

And i want to become king of England mate... I wish it were like that as well but that year to hold out with him and give another coach the summer was last year. We didn't do it. We're seriously going to relegated if we don't move fast 

I was trying to draw parallels with the last time we were in this situation in 2014, but unfortunately it doesn't feel like that, as although we now have a stronger squad, we are now getting smashed in games, we'd only ever lose by a goal or two back then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

I was trying to draw parallels with the last time we were in this situation in 2014, but unfortunately it doesn't feel like that, as although we now have a stronger squad, we are now getting smashed in games, we'd only ever lose by a goal or two back then.

...I  would not say a stronger squad!!!

The Champions versus this team with a Vardy at his peak, and Mahrez staying high with Okazaki dropping into midfield and offering support to Vardy, and never mind the defence, they would slaughter this team with Rodger at the helm.

I’d have liked us to have a look at Beale. Even Wolves who are a basket case have managed to get all their ducks in a row. It’s really frustrating at this point seeing good managers get taken off the conveyor belt. 

We’re going to be left with Rafa Benitez to try and pull a massive rescue mission

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

I see Roberto Martinez is doing the punditry rounds in this country. Seems a bit odd for an international manager just before a World Cup.

I wonder if he is who we are waiting for? We’ve been linked before.

He’s probably watching his Belgium contingent here, nothing more you would suspect. :unsure:

35 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I'm genuinely mystified that so many people seem not to realize that Martinez is a God-awful manager.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

• Won the FA cup with an underdog team
  • and then got them relegated
  • likes to play with lots of possession
  • the words "Defending coaching" are foreign to him