Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

9 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

and a mid table club is what burnley would dream of being but would hold as an unrealistic expectation. Their ceiling is survival. 

Look !! I hate to be the bearer of bad news but we are four points out of the relegation zone & our goal at the moment is survival. 

Vincent Kompany is not going to be sporting a massive boner over the Leicester job.

We are a club in decline at present with a manager who has no idea how to turn it around.

31 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Look !! I hate to be the bearer of bad news but we are four points out of the relegation zone & our goal at the moment is survival. 

Vincent Kompany is not going to be sporting a massive boner over the Leicester job.

We are a club in decline at present with a manager who has no idea how to turn it around.

it might be, but we're still a massive step up from managing Burnley. Like a huge step up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

If Wolves can get a former Real Madrid and Spain manager and Villa can get a 3 time europa league winner as well as getting to the semis of the champions league we really shouldn’t limit ourselves to average managers. There are decent managers out there that would jump at the chance to come to us. 

There is no doubt though with this squad we are much less of an attractive proposition than we were when Rodgers took the job. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

There is no doubt though with this squad we are much less of an attractive proposition than we were when Rodgers took the job. 

Not unless you are a builder with something to prove. Half our squad won’t be here next season. Dangle that in front of Pochettino and see if there’s interest 

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

If Wolves can get a former Real Madrid and Spain manager and Villa can get a 3 time europa league winner as well as getting to the semis of the champions league we really shouldn’t limit ourselves to average managers. There are decent managers out there that would jump at the chance to come to us. 

I would have loved Emery here. What a manager.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Which is the ultimate and most damning point of why Rodgers should have been out 2-3 years ago (Frankly, he should have never got the job), yet individuals like you continued to defend him, and now we are where we are.

A depleted squad which will soon lose Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy and Evans, whilst being forced to pay wages to players like Vestergaard/Bertrand we're unable to get rid of, all whilst maintaining a coach who has a record of destroying solid foundations with terrible signings (Liverpool, Celtic and here) that is unable to improve players to the next level or get the best out of those he has. (Soumare/Daka/Soyuncu/Thomas/Praet/Iheanacho/Perez/Justin/Ward etc).

You stated before that there's not many at games who are vocal about wanting Rodgers out, and thus it must be 'Keyboard Warriors' doing so....If you actually take a look at the fanbase at the ground in the past few years, you will soon realise the majority that attend nowadays haven't seen us play in the Championship, let alone League One.

Our Best XI, is significantly worse than when he took over, and considering he's had record backing, it's quite frankly a disgrace. I've pointed this out 5/6/7 times over his reign, starting years back. It was obvious we would be in this mess, because as I keep having to point out, that people don't understand, is that League finishes are completely irrelevant in terms of progression. There's no point earning an extra £10 million/£100 million/£1000 million, if it's just going to be spunked down the drain on players he can't improve, on ridiculously high wages. Rodgers's bottling of the Top 4 twice, has actually saved us from a severe financial crisis.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Have this horrible feeling Nuno would be approached, I know Wolves fans may say he was decent for them. But the brand of football can bore one to sleep. Nice guy, but lets face his style of play is like the foreign version of someone like a Sam Allardyce.

Yes .. That's my big worry as well. Nuno type football is mind numbing !!

Burnley did some very good business by spotting Kompany as an up and coming young manager. The manager does not have to be English but needs to understand the English game. We also need to have controls in place for player demands the new manager will make.

Hopefully the club has learned something from the Rodgers experiment !!

Tbh the manager is the least of our worries atm the squad is a complete mess and miss match! The recruitment has been so poor under Rodgers he does have a track record of buying shite! But the scouting network has got to pull out a few decent soild  signings in January otherwise what manager of any quality will want to on come here! Celtic did Rodgers a big favour and made him out to be the quality manager the press think he is! Truth is where the hell is he going after Leicester because anyone that knows anything about football he ain’t done himself any favours at this club god I wish Arsenal took the fraud when they were after a manager! Because atm the clubs in a mess  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Corky said:

Honestly think he'd have come if we'd made a move in the summer.

Not sure Newcastle approached him before howe and this was soon after the takeover and he'd turned down them and they would have likely offered him double what we would. Villa like Newcastle wealthy backers. Difference was villa weren't bottom of the league when they approached him. 

8 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

If we can't afford to pay any compensation then does it matter who the manager is as we won't be able to afford any new players?

Fair point, it might be viewed that it's better to prioritise the funds for players than managers and their coaching staff if funds indeed are tight, especially if we also pay £10m to remove Rodgers and his staff at the same time.

• Like 1

I really can’t see the club making an ambitious move for a manager like Slot, as much as I would love us too, I think they will play safe with someone who has knowledge and experience of the premier league.

So hopefully avoiding the usual suspects I really hope we go for Vincent Kompany. Experienced premier league player, worked under Pep so will have learnt some really good traits. Is doing a fantastic job at Burnley, an unfashionable club, where he has had to rebuild a young, hungry squad, overhaul the playing style and at the same time has them challenging for promotion. 

I think he would be an excellent fit for us. 

• Like 2