Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

10 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Mark Robins, done incredible job at Cov? despite the issues there. Former fox, could he be able to make the step up to the premier league?

Wondered about him before but at times we have been at a higher level than we are now. Given how well he is doing and where we are at, it wouldn’t be the worst shout. Or Kompany.

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

Wondered about him before but at times we have been at a higher level than we are now. Given how well he is doing and where we are at, it wouldn’t be the worst shout. Or Kompany.

I always feel Robins would have the same approach as Pearson, I think with his connection with the club already he would get a decent reception if he did come. 

I have been giving this a lot of thought recently and given how managers such as Eddie Howe,  Marco Silva and up until this season David Moyes had all come back into the premier league after previous failures and proven to have learned lessons, evolved their thinking and tactics to have relative success in jobs where there appointments at the time were largely scoffed at, it has kind of changed my mind and left me open to an appointment of someone like a Dyche, Nuno or possibly even Gerrard to come in, if and when we decide to part company with Brendan. 

My number 1 target would be Vincent Kompany with Patrick Viera and Thomas Frank also on my shortlist, however I think the latter will be unobtainable now he has signed a new long term contract, but I would also have Dyche and Nuno under consideration as I believe they could get a tune out of this squad and also be more trusting of a rebuild. 

The managers I would most definitely steer clear of would be Benitiez, Bruce, Martinez and Lampard when he inevitably gets fired by Everton in the next couple of weeks. 

there are a lot of strong contenders from the continent however I am not convinced that the club would steer away from appointing Managers who have previous experience of managing in the premier league or in English football but I hope I am proven wrong, as this could open up some exciting options. 

3 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I have been giving this a lot of thought recently and given how managers such as Eddie Howe,  Marco Silva and up until this season David Moyes had all come back into the premier league after previous failures and proven to have learned lessons, evolved their thinking and tactics to have relative success in jobs where there appointments at the time were largely scoffed at, it has kind of changed my mind and left me open to an appointment of someone like a Dyche, Nuno or possibly even Gerrard to come in, if and when we decide to part company with Brendan. 

My number 1 target would be Vincent Kompany with Patrick Viera and Thomas Frank also on my shortlist, however I think the latter will be unobtainable now he has signed a new long term contract, but I would also have Dyche and Nuno under consideration as I believe they could get a tune out of this squad and also be more trusting of a rebuild. 

The managers I would most definitely steer clear of would be Benitiez, Bruce, Martinez and Lampard when he inevitably gets fired by Everton in the next couple of weeks. 

there are a lot of strong contenders from the continent however I am not convinced that the club would steer away from appointing Managers who have previous experience of managing in the premier league or in English football but I hope I am proven wrong, as this could open up some exciting options. 

If you think Rodgers is a negative manager, you'd be in for a surprise with Nil nil Espirito Santo.

Dyche would do well here I reckon.

• Like 2

Some horrendous shouts in here. When I see the likes of Nuno mentioned it makes me think I'd rather keep Rodgers, and I can't stand Rodgers. If we do eventually get shut of him, it's imperative we get the right person as we need a complete rebuild in the summer. We are so close to being relegated, a poor managerial appointment and/or a poor transfer window and next season could be even more grim than this one, that is if we even survive this season. Nuno, Gerrard, Lampard are all to be avoided. Question marks over the likes of Moyes and Dyche. There surely must be some good coaches on the continent but it's always a risk going for unproven prem managers. Tough decisions by the people at the Top to make and do we have any faith in them to make the right decisions? 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Marcelo Gallardo

Marcelino

Both available for free

Gallardo is highly rated after his time with River Plate

Marcelino had done some great work in Spain, and also likes to play a 442!

More chance Marc Albrighton is our next manager than either of these 

Just now, CosbehFox said:

The day this club look outside the box when it comes to appointment is the day when Rudkin is no longer involved 

We all know it is going to be the likes of Moyes, Nuno, Lage etc.

But it doesn’t hurt to dream (okay maybe it does hurt but still lol)

Just now, moore_94 said:

We all know it is going to be the likes of Moyes, Nuno, Lage etc.

But it doesn’t hurt to dream (okay maybe it does hurt but still lol)

Yep. We’d be lucky if we do any scouting outside of Europe for example. Really behind where other clubs are in their planning/thinking 

3 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

That would be the same Moyes who's going to get the boot at West Ham is it?

42 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

That would be the same Moyes who's going to get the boot at West Ham is it?

Which is why I said up until this season, I have no doubt if Rodgers was to go to any other premier league side he would get an instant reaction and upturn in results/performances, however it is clear that his shelf life has come to an end here, much like Moyes at West Ham, however I would have Moyes here in a heart beat as I believe he would have a real positive impact here.