Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

23 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Which is why I said up until this season, I have no doubt if Rodgers was to go to any other premier league side he would get an instant reaction and upturn in results/performances, however it is clear that his shelf life has come to an end here, much like Moyes at West Ham, however I would have Moyes here in a heart beat as I believe he would have a real positive impact here. 

Short term as any new manager would. But he really isn't the answer.

I suppose you have to think about who we now appeal to. If we're safe this season and finish 15th, then really you're telling a new manager either

A) chance to make a stamp on a team, influence transfers, shape a new style of play with new training ground and potential stadium development in an established top flight club

B) a club on the downslope, losing big players, loads of deadwood, potentially circling the drain to relegation

Whoever takes it on, I would prefer to do a Burnley and keep them if we get relegated so we can come back up - unless they're absolutely shocking. 

3 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I suppose you have to think about who we now appeal to. If we're safe this season and finish 15th, then really you're telling a new manager either

A) chance to make a stamp on a team, influence transfers, shape a new style of play with new training ground and potential stadium development in an established top flight club

B) a club on the downslope, losing big players, loads of deadwood, potentially circling the drain to relegation

Whoever takes it on, I would prefer to do a Burnley and keep them if we get relegated so we can come back up - unless they're absolutely shocking. 

Vieira didn't seemed fussed about having a similar task at Palace, probably the best time for a new manager to come in (assuming we stay up)

• Like 1

On 04/01/2023 at 10:25, moore_94 said:

Marcelo Gallardo

Marcelino

Both available for free

Gallardo is highly rated after his time with River Plate

Marcelino had done some great work in Spain, and also likes to play a 442!

I’ve said Gallardo for nearly 3 years. His work has largely gone unnoticed in Europe. 

He’s done excellent with River Plate. 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I’ve said Gallardo for nearly 3 years. His work has largely gone unnoticed in Europe. 

He’s done excellent with River Plate. 

Gallardo would be class once/if we confirm our status for next season. It's a bit of a sh**show at the minute isn't it, I'd rather someone like him or Slot got the job knowing we'll be top flight and they can focus solely on rebuilding. 

Apparently Atletico Madrid want Thomas Tuchel if Simeone leaves in the summer.

Thought he did brilliant sorting out players like Chillwel who was playing poorly when he came. 

Think the team suffered towards the end due to the poor recruitment policies of the board who thought money was no object.

I wouldn't mind if Top looked at Tuchel to replace Brendan 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Thought he did brilliant sorting out players like Chillwel who was playing poorly when he came. 

Think the team suffered towards the end due to the poor recruitment policies of the board who thought money was no object.

Tuchel is above our weight class.

• Sad 1

On 05/01/2023 at 11:46, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Denmark manager is rumoured to be already lined up, apologies if this is old news.

He made a nightmare out of Denmark at the WC. He is a strong and "people" minded motivator but whether he would fit the tough PL I am not so sure of. And he doesn´t seem very strong in "hard times" - so guess no!

4 hours ago, J. James said:

The Chelsea knee jerk reaction may be a couple of weeks away so Potter may well be looking for a new job pretty soon.

Managers should get a one year contract maximum. Chelsea should only offer three months. And you know what , there would still be plenty of candidates.

On 04/01/2023 at 10:30, moore_94 said:

We all know it is going to be the likes of Moyes, Nuno, Lage etc.

But it doesn’t hurt to dream (okay maybe it does hurt but still lol)

Bruno Lage, or Nuno god help us, Dyche I'd be happy with,  Marcelino great shout 

14 hours ago, KFS said:

Simeone :wub:

He's above us but I'd love him here. I'd love him in the premier league for anyone really, he'd slap Arteta back into his technical area and any given opportunity which would be delightful to see.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2023 at 11:48, Foxes with Sprit said:

I wouldn't actually mind Marco Silva.  Seems like he's growing as a manager, and does seem like he like's attacking football with back bone, something Brendan's team lack in large parts.

See how he does next season first. I think Fulham will struggle.

He seems to start really well then fade. Very unlucky not to keep Hull up, mind, but their away form let them down.

16 minutes ago, Nalis said:

He's above us but I'd love him here. I'd love him in the premier league for anyone really, he'd slap Arteta back into his technical area and any given opportunity which would be delightful to see.

Just imagine he wants a project and with half our squad leaving he wants to start again.

I can dream 

• Like 1

On 05/01/2023 at 11:46, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Denmark manager is rumoured to be already lined up, apologies if this is old news.

I don't think Hjulmand is our answer. He failed hard in Germany. He is a great tactician and comes across very well and sympathetic, but I am not sure he is the greatest motivator. The Eriksen incident was the thing that created something special and made Denmark perform very well at the Euros and the Nations League. The world cup was a massive failure, but I think the whole team lost focus because of all the politics surrounding the world cup.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Tuchel wouldn't come but with our players and what we need Simeone would be a better fit, tho he probably wouldn't come either.

• Sad 1