Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

On 05/01/2023 at 12:52, Sly said:

@shen would give us better insight into this one. 

1 hour ago, Jonezy said:

I don't think Hjulmand is our answer. He failed hard in Germany. He is a great tactician and comes across very well and sympathetic, but I am not sure he is the greatest motivator. The Eriksen incident was the thing that created something special and made Denmark perform very well at the Euros and the Nations League. The world cup was a massive failure, but I think the whole team lost focus because of all the politics surrounding the world cup.  

What Hjulmand did with Nordsjælland (over two spells) and Denmark so far is impressive. The disappointment of the World Cup puts a dampener on things and also cools my interest a bit. He seems to struggle to find the answers when the going gets tough.

He inherited teams on an upwards trend with both FCN and Denmark, but the real test starts now.

At Mainz he had a brilliant start, but some poor luck and poor decision meant he was sacked soon after - too early some would say.

He's tactically modern and the flexibility he has added to the Danish NT is refreshing.

I disagree that he's a poor motivator - he gets his players singing the same tune.

However, I have doubts whether he can translate that to Leicester as it's very culture dependent.

I like the bloke, he's become somewhat of an icon in Denmark, but I don't see him being the same good fit as Thomas Frank or...

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Bo Svensson. Has a better record at Mainz than Klopp and Tuchel. Out of contract next summer. 

This guy. Never rated him as a player, but he's got a solid noggin on him!

Another Mainz coach and he's done a splendid job in difficult circumstances. He's got some sustained experience at top level now too.

Failing that, Jon Dahl Tomasson is doing a fine job so far at Blackburn and has a decent pedigree too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shen said:

What Hjulmand did with Nordsjælland (over two spells) and Denmark so far is impressive. The disappointment of the World Cup puts a dampener on things and also cools my interest a bit. He seems to struggle to find the answers when the going gets tough.

He inherited teams on an upwards trend with both FCN and Denmark, but the real test starts now.

At Mainz he had a brilliant start, but some poor luck and poor decision meant he was sacked soon after - too early some would say.

He's tactically modern and the flexibility he has added to the Danish NT is refreshing.

I disagree that he's a poor motivator - he gets his players singing the same tune.

However, I have doubts whether he can translate that to Leicester as it's very culture dependent.

I like the bloke, he's become somewhat of an icon in Denmark, but I don't see him being the same good fit as Thomas Frank or...

This guy. Never rated him as a player, but he's got a solid noggin on him!

Another Mainz coach and he's done a splendid job in difficult circumstances. He's got some sustained experience at top level now too.

Failing that, Jon Dahl Tomasson is doing a fine job so far at Blackburn and has a decent pedigree too.

Svensson kept Mainz up when they were 10 points adrift and got them to finish 12th. Then in his first full season they finished 8th. Out of contract next summer so the compensation wouldn’t be huge. Was rumoured to be in the running for the Brighton and Wolves jobs.  

• Like 2

Vincent Kompany/Graham Potter.

We've lost a significant amount of the draw we had 2-3 years ago when players knew they could come to us, thrive, and move on to the bigger clubs. We're not that now, and we're struggling to compete with the likes of West Ham/Villa/Everton whereas before we were comfortable choices ahead of those.

Kompany will at least give us help in attracting players, we're going to need that to try and climb the table....Otherwise we will just become a side that will be relegated in the very near future, because we will be another Southampton, who have nothing to offer new signings so they get left with the crap nobody else in this league wants. 

Potter would be perfectly happy with us returning to what we were....And I think he'd actively encourage it, rather than buy the ageing crap we have been. If you had given him Iheanacho at Brighton, I'm convinced they'd have been in Europe....And he can't even get a game for us. 

• Like 1

On 04/01/2023 at 11:19, Claudio Fannieri said:

Which is why I said up until this season, I have no doubt if Rodgers was to go to any other premier league side he would get an instant reaction and upturn in results/performances, however it is clear that his shelf life has come to an end here, much like Moyes at West Ham, however I would have Moyes here in a heart beat as I believe he would have a real positive impact here. 

...I  would rather take someone from  the lower league that is showing a new way of playing the game, than bring in the has beens that have been mentioned!!!

Burnley took a chance on Kompany, so far so good, but he seemed to be floundering in the Jupiler league. His team had no real identity and was in effect just making up the numbers.

I do think the Jupiler League has some very good managers, playing very good football  and exciting players to watch,  we need to be casting an eye in that direction. 

Edited by sacreblueits442

22 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Apparently Atletico Madrid want Thomas Tuchel if Simeone leaves in the summer.

Thought he did brilliant sorting out players like Chillwel who was playing poorly when he came. 

Think the team suffered towards the end due to the poor recruitment policies of the board who thought money was no object.

I wouldn't mind if Top looked at Tuchel to replace Brendan 

...Tuchel would not last the season, he rubs people up the wrong way!!!

When I say people,   I mean the board, the people he needs to get on with and the ones who pays his wages.

He is his own worst enemy,  whatever chip he has on his shoulder,  he needs to come to terms with whatever baggage he is carrying around. He could be a great manager, although he has his finger constantly stroking the self destruct button.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

107 pages….and we still haven’t seen,got,come near ,replacing Rodgers…

A topic waste of dreams…

Of all the predictions, Rodgers is due to last through the 2525s,holding on to a

top 14 place,playing some new found idea of total Football..

year 3535,might bring some new hope…

• Haha 1

On 06/01/2023 at 20:40, winteriscoming said:

Svensson kept Mainz up when they were 10 points adrift and got them to finish 12th. Then in his first full season they finished 8th. Out of contract next summer so the compensation wouldn’t be huge. Was rumoured to be in the running for the Brighton and Wolves jobs.  

Sounds very promising and an attractive proposition. A fresh start with someone who wants to impress rather than someone who already thinks he's the dog's when he really isn't. My only concern would be our current regime's apparent preference for someone with previous Premiership experience which could be a stumbling block and lead to 'merry-go-round' manager. 🤔 

Having said that, Rodgers seems to be as Teflon as Keith Vaz and could see the plonkers keeping him on beyond the summer. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Sounds very promising and an attractive proposition. A fresh start with someone who wants to impress rather than someone who already thinks he's the dog's when he really isn't. My only concern would be our current regime's apparent preference for someone with previous Premiership experience which could be a stumbling block and lead to 'merry-go-round' manager. 🤔 

Having said that, Rodgers seems to be as Teflon as Keith Vaz and could see the plonkers keeping him on beyond the summer. 

I think you’re right. We’ll go with someone with previous premiership experience. Imo better options abroad. 

• Like 1