Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The ex-Dortmund manager or the ex-PSG manager? Might need to readjust your expectations a little…..

The thread is titled "who do you want"  not "who do you think we'll get". Marco Rose would definitely come here if we wanted him, you may have a point with Pochettino though. 

• Like 1

Literally anyone. The moment Rodgers goes, the players will suddenly be good again. 

I think there are more managers out there that would be interested than some think. Top class facilities, a good squad, good owners.. will tempt some. 

Edited by lgfualol

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Literally anyone. The moment Rodgers goes, the players will suddenly be good again

I think there are more managers out there that would be interested than some think. Top class facilities, a good squad, good owners.. will tempt some. 

See I worry that this is all that fuells a lot of this anti-Rodgers sentiment, which is a very reactionary position. I mean if Rodgers has ruined all these players, destroyed morale, cohesion, then sure, but it’s a big list of crimes to pin on him in hope. Sure, bye Rodge, time to go, but to expect so much improvement almost overnight feels a little hopeful tbh.

• Like 3

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

See I worry that this is all that fuells a lot of this anti-Rodgers sentiment, which is a very reactionary position. I mean if Rodgers has ruined all these players, destroyed morale, cohesion, then sure, but it’s a big list of crimes to pin on him in hope. Sure, bye Rodge, time to go, but to expect so much improvement almost overnight feels a little hopeful tbh.

Not the first time our squad (or other team squads) has suddenly turned up again after the manager has been given the boot. I 100% expect it will happen again should Rodgers go. I think they're all pretty fed up, even him.

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Completely agree ……he needs to go now 100% as he has lost the players but also he is stubborn and only has one plan plus he never takes any accountability for anything other than when it goes well BUT one thing he is spot on with is the overhaul ……we have some big issues …..keeper,  centre back, centre midfield, wide right ……that is first team starters too so we do need a overhaul.

I think we should be more competitive than we are but still believe Kasper, Fofana, Youri replacements plus the gap on the right mean we need surgery and quick…

Personally struggling to see us not being in a relegation scrap and worried that we are drifting backwards …..biggest test yet for Whelan, Top and Ruskin since we returned to the top flight!

Here's the problem even though I voted Brendan out.

All of our problems existed 3 weeks ago, really longer. And it's the same manager pool that existed last summer as well. Unless you're interested in whoever Rochdale just sacked.

When you can't sack a handful of players you sack the manager instead.

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Here's the problem even though I voted Brendan out.

All of our problems existed 3 weeks ago, really longer. And it's the same manager pool that existed last summer as well. Unless you're interested in whoever Rochdale just sacked.

When you can't sack a handful of players you sack the manager instead.

When was the last time we sacked a manager and there wasn't an upturn in form?

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Arne Slot or Marco Rose

Xabi Alonso - wildcard

Does Arne Slot promote youth?? I know at Alkmaar he had Stengs, Koopmeiners and others but don’t know if they were already in the first team before he arrived. 

1st choice - Graham Potter but I doubt he'd leave Brighton for us. 

2nd choice - Thomas Frank but I doubt he'd leave Brentford for us. 

Wildcard - Patrick Viera but I doubt he'd leave Palace for us. 

All those 3 would be better than this version of Brendan Rodgers though who is only still here because he was earning more than Jurgen Klopp fairly recently, he's more overpaid than Cristiano Ronaldo for this output. 

I fear the Disneyland beautiful training ground could be a poison chalice when we're losing. 

Players need to knuckle down and work hard and they'll be back at a beautiful boutique hotel basically feeling like they're on holiday 😂

As some may know, I despise Dyche, but I’d bin off Rodgers ASAP and get Dyche in to the end of the season where everyone can then take stock. Just can’t believe I’m saying it really.  Rodgers has ruined me. Damn. 

Edited by ARM1968

We need someone that is willing to work with a recruitments department and not just want there own man in. I think we’ve bent over backwards for Brendan in some areas as he was a high calibre manager for us (hence the doubling of his contract). The club have made some errors that need to be put right. Brendan has had success here but it’s taken us away of what’s worked for us as a club and we need to stick to that model. 

I’d offer Dyche an 18 month contract with the option to extend if he can improve his style of football as this is why we went from Ranieri > Puel > Rodgers. 

In the meantime we can stabilise ourselves and rebuild.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

When was the last time we sacked a manager and there wasn't an upturn in form?

Is a new manager bounce going to pull this club into Europe this season? I think we're destined for mid-table mediocrity no matter who's at the helm. And I don't much too much into the difference between 8th, 10th, and 12th. A few million quid in the finishing positions doesn't mean anything to me. I guess I'm saying firing him now makes him a bit of a scapegoat in this mess.

Nigel until the end of the season and then get him upstairs repairing our sports science, scouting and player welfare departments. Brendan’s ****ing big ego has ripped all that good work apart and now we are shit at buying players, they’re always getting injured, and mentally shit. The three biggest issues we have stem from the infrastructure that was taken apart under this clown. 

• Like 3

I'm not saying I want Sean Dyche, but I'm at a point now where I think virtually anyone would be better - it's hit that kind of toxic relationship where the priority is about getting the manager out above anything. I feel we'd improve substantially even if we had a Shakespeare style appointment even if that isn't the long term solution.

Dyche is obviously such an unfashionable choice  but one thing you can guarantee is we wouldn't be conceding a minimum of 2 goals per game. He's not somebody I'd be keen on long term but as an interim to steady the ship he'd be fine

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2