Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

That’s working well so I’m sure the board will use that as an example to follow.

Personally i wouldn't go down that route but the lack of a transfer budget will hardly be appealing to any highly sort after manager that who is currently in or out of work. Not to mention that two of our best players are coming towards the end of their contracts. So it might be the only option...

I have voted for Dyche a few times, however, it would kind of put the final stamp on us from being a top 8 club pushing the big boys, to now being a survival club, content with just staying in the league. Not saying that is what the reality would be, but the perception would become that I am pretty sure and perceptions do matter in football, especially for attracting top players.

Sad times really. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Gallardo

Aggressive, possession based football

...it is like watching FIFA!!!

That is pretty unreal football, the pace is not Premier league and teams stands off them a lot, but the way they lay it off for a team mate in a better position. 

I was always astonished how Southampton with Lambert and his team mates always sought to play each other in, it was never about one or two players, it did not matter who scored. 

Great football, we need very technical players to make it work, players with one or two touches will not work for this.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

Vincent Kompany. He's proving himself to be quite decent at Burnley after an initial wobble at Anderlecht (who seem to be having a quite bleak period in general). Catch him before somebody bigger does. If the worst came to the worst and he took us down I think he's shown this season he could get us back up as well.

• Like 3

Never and I mean never appoint a management team with virtually no top level playing experience. Rodgers and his sycophants have never kicked a ball in anger at any sort of level. Personally I would have little respect for someone telling me how to do my job when I know he hasn't a clue how to do it himself. Our players do not have to listen to this forum talking rubbish but they do have to listen to Rodgers and I can imagine what they say to each other sometimes.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Never and I mean never appoint a management team with virtually no top level playing experience. Rodgers and his sycophants have never kicked a ball in anger at any sort of level.

Some of the best managers - past and present - were inexperienced/lower level players. Wenger, Mourinho, Clough, Ferguson, Klopp immediately spring to mind. Then look at some of the 'top level playing experience' managers that have come to the Prem recently - Gerrard, Lampard, Parker - plenty of duds with lots of impressive playing experience.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Some of the best managers - past and present - were inexperienced/lower level players. Wenger, Mourinho, Clough, Ferguson, Klopp immediately spring to mind. Then look at some of the 'top level playing experience' managers that have come to the Prem recently - Gerrard, Lampard, Parker - plenty of duds with lots of impressive playing experience.

Mourinho is the only one with no playing experience and it is no surprise he was Rodgers's mentor. It is true that top players do not necessarily make top managers but if you have played the game professionally at a decent level you know things that somebody like Rodgers will never know. Guardiola, Arteta, Conte, Howe and co have done their time in the trenches.

22 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Mourinho is the only one with no playing experience and it is no surprise he was Rodgers's mentor. It is true that top players do not necessarily make top managers but if you have played the game professionally at a decent level you know things that somebody like Rodgers will never know. Guardiola, Arteta, Conte, Howe and co have done their time in the trenches.

All the managers I've named either had a career in the lower levels of football or had very little career at all - Clough, in fairness, was cut short by injury and it seems like he would have gone on to be a top player - but the rest all played for smaller clubs or in lower leagues. All I'm saying is top flight experience doesn't necessarily make you a top flight manager - but I do take your point that having played the game, at any level, is important too. 

Did Glover and Ralf get on?

Just thinking if we're looking for a quick fix/prove yourself for 6 months type contract, wouldn't surprise me.

Not saying it's the best option by the way, just imagine he is still in the country, available without a release and probably desperate for another crack at this league.

13 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

All the managers I've named either had a career in the lower levels of football or had very little career at all - Clough, in fairness, was cut short by injury and it seems like he would have gone on to be a top player - but the rest all played for smaller clubs or in lower leagues. All I'm saying is top flight experience doesn't necessarily make you a top flight manager - but I do take your point that having played the game, at any level, is important too. 

You know Ferguson ,although no great player,  was a tough and durable CF and played 300 games or so in the Scottish league and scored a hattrick against Rangers. Pearson for instance commanded respect for his playing experience , the players knew he was one of them. Rodgers can never claim that.