Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

Potter wouldn't be given the time here, people would want him out for boring football and no progress lol His first two seasons with Brighton were 15th and 16th, if he finised here in that position this forum would want him out. I remember when Rodgers actually backed Potter on the back of Brighton fans booing a full time result.

It's clear Potter is a builder and needs time. He's only just walked into Chelsea where the previous manager has spent millions on players he probably doesn't even want.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

His first two seasons with Brighton were 15th and 16th, if he finised here in that position this forum would want him out.

I certainly wouldn't. All fans have to accept that a manager cannot come and implement their football without keeping the players they want and bringing in the players that fit their style of play into the squad over several windows. If we were offered Potter with the acceptance of several tough seasons to get to consistency then I would take it. 

The difference is Rodgers has showed what we can do and then regressed with largely the same squad and signings which haven't improved the quality of the overall squad.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

If Chelsea get rid of Potter I think he will take the rest of the season off, be surprised if jumped straight into another job.

Are you even allowed to manage three teams in one season? I've got it in my head that you aren't.

21 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I'm so torn on the Dyche situation, 
Ultimately I don't "want" him here, I'm not convinced he's the right direction for us, but I also think it could be harsh to base opinions on him solely on his time at Burnley, sure the football wasn't majestic, but they rarely spent any money across his time as manager (£155m in 10 years according to Transfermarkt with £16m being their biggest signing) , and although the football has drastically "improved" under Kompany, they are in a league below and the easy on the eye football they are playing at present may change should they get promoted and are hit with the reality of their budget situation. 

The issue is, the longer we keep Brendan in charge, the more and more likely Dyche becomes, because as time goes on, the door to a young hungry manager becomes much more of a gamble, and we very well could end up in a situation where we sack Brendan but cannot afford to take that leap of faith in someone unproven. Dyche offers rigidity, organisation and his man management is top class, I genuinely feel like Dyche would walk into this club and immediately get 15% more out of every individual and considerably improve us in the short term, the question then becomes what kind of football will he produce with players like Youri and Madders, and does he have the ability and power to completely restructure us from top to bottom, because we desperately need it. 

I'd be really interested to see just how dynamic he is as a manager if given some money to spend and a few flair players like Maddison. 
Whenever I have watched Dyche in long form interviews such as this one I've linked, he comes across as someone we could really do with in terms of overall leadership and organisational approach. 

But with all of that said, It's Sean Dyche......I don't "want" him, but if things continue to regress, we might just need him (or someone like him).

I think I agree with you. I do feel taking Dyche would represent acceptance of a decline but at the same time, I think the decline has already happened whether we like it or not. He would walk over hot coals to manage us. I think half of our issue is this eye on the next move culture has been allowed to get out of control and this includes the current manager. I think you will at absolute worst under Dyche get desire and organisation. It's hard to not talk in cliches when you describe him but these are things sorely lacking here and I do think he's got something to offer to us.

I also think he's got more about him than to try and play the same type of football as he did at Burnley. I mean OK, there'll be hints of it but he isn't going to take us over and have Daka aiming for flick ons. I think back to when Tony Pulis took over Crystal Palace. They weren't a reincarnation of his Stoke side, they had better wingers and utilised them. I would like to think Dyche had other ideas.

I'm torn on it, I've for a while been intrigued to see what he'd do at another club but I've never really wanted us to be that club. But to be honest we're that bad that I'm hitting the point where I'm thinking roll the Dyche. You can also bet if he ends up at Everton they'll overtake us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

For me it would be Knudsen as interim until the summer when there'll be more choice. It's just imperative as I see it to lance the boil of poison that is Rodgers and I think everyone will sigh with relief. 

Rudkin and Rodgers out, a new Director of football in and Knudsen interim manager. I cant help but think the soured relationship between Rudkin and Rodgers is a huge factor in the overall feeling at the club and that they are both responsible for many of our current issues.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

In still disappointed we missed out on Lopetegui and Emery. Can't find the post but I'm sure I posted in the thread a while back they'd be 2 of my go tos. 

As it is, I'm coming round to Dyche. If we pull out fingers out he'd come here. And this will probably get laughed at but I'd have Chris Wilder or Mark Robins too. And of course would love Nige back but that's increasingly due to nostalgia, he's been given time at Bristol and still getting nowhere. 

How about Nuno? The football would be absolutely brutal and pragmatic, a lot worse than Dyche, but he would keep us up... 

As an out there shout, McKenna at Ipswich, although I'd be sad for them to lose him at this point. 

• Like 2

It's Dyche time. 

This simply cannot go on. 

Probably not a long-term solution, but he will get us defending better and I also think the likes of Daka, Vardy and Barnes will benefit from his more direct approach. 

Something has to change, and with no new signings imminent, or even looking likely (Top has questions to answer on that), the Manager is the change that makes most sense right now. Hopefully the squad won't look so inept under a different manager. 

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Dyche is watching in the stands 😬

He said in an interview that he avoided going to watch some teams due to the noise it creates around him potentially getting a job. 

If he is there ?   Then, certainly could be something in it. Cooper not going anywhere. Rodgers... :fc:

Guest Kopfkino

Carrick should be the obvious long-term choice albeit he might well choose to stay where he is. 
However the shambles that is our football club and the size of the job probably isn’t the right environment for him at this stage 

We missed the boat on those great foreign managers. We can't miss the boat on Dyche.

I have said this for some time now. He will bring organisation to this chaos. He will bring steel and will walk through walls to keep us up. This PR-manager won't. He wants his pay-day and to make sure the media vilify us, the fans, in the process.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Some absolutely dreadful calls in here as ever. **** sakes. 

Absolutely nobody would have thought of De Zerbi and now look at Brighton. The point here is that the world is a big place and the average Joe football fan shouldn't be expected to come up with a list of better options than Rodgers. 

Unfortunately for us we've shown very little invention in the past when it comes to staff recruitment and we probably will end up lumping for some useless twat like Dyche and being back here in the same mess in a year's time. 

Absolutely no chance we’ve been scouting the world looking at managers.

Whoever gets it barely has a chance, a squad crippled by Rodger’s or on their way out. Why will most of them give a shit.