Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

He won’t be sacked given the finance issue.

And in any sense he was brought here to play this style of football. People forget that. Yes there are issues at the moment exacerbated by many other factors. Factors like recruitment and contract negotiations that he has a minimal or even no role in.

But I do think he needs to change things - 2 up front to start with: Iheanacho and JV. When the going gets tough the answer is not always to sack the manager… players need to stand up and be counted and that also might help.

• Haha 1

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

And in any sense he was brought here to play this style of football. People forget that. Yes there are issues at the moment exacerbated by many other factors. Factors like recruitment and contract negotiations that he has a minimal or even no role in.

But I do think he needs to change things - 2 up front to start with: Iheanacho and JV. When the going gets tough the answer is not always to sack the manager… players need to stand up and be counted and that also might help.

Brendan is stubborn , he’s not flexible, I don’t blame the players at all, they are being asked to play this way it’s dogshit. Just get Brendan sacked find the money someone and get him

gone

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Which he never has the inclination to do. He'll never admit that he's part of the problem

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Literally anyone. The moment Rodgers goes, the players will suddenly be good again. 

I think there are more managers out there that would be interested than some think. Top class facilities, a good squad, good owners.. will tempt some. 

Not sure any decent manager will be tempted by a club saying there is no money for new players. 

Are the people suggesting Dyche on wind up? It was his Burnley team last season that was relegated. They pulled the trigger too late on him. He'd be a disaster here. As much as we need a plan B, we don't need a manger who just plays plan B

Graham Potter is the obvious choice, but I'm not sure he'd want to leave what he's built there to come and sort out this mess. 

Would love us to go for a young, upcoming coach - someone who has a philosophy about how the whole club should run, with fresh and exciting ideas. 

Potter would fit the bill, but there are others - Arne Slot is working wonders at Feyenoord, but doubt he's on the club's radar. 

1 minute ago, snoopy87 said:

Are the people suggesting Dyche on wind up? It was his Burnley team last season that was relegated. They pulled the trigger too late on him. He'd be a disaster here. As much as we need a plan B, we don't need a manger who just plays plan B

It's all relative though isn't it? He'd be working with a better quality squad here. He's not the most appealing option but he would certainly tighten us up defensively, something Rodgers has repeatedly failed to do

32 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Brendan is stubborn , he’s not flexible, I don’t blame the players at all, they are being asked to play this way it’s dogshit. Just get Brendan sacked find the money someone and get him

gone

I just don’t get this critique. If Rodgers is anything, he’s too flexible. We don’t have an identity, we don’t have a bread and butter set of tactics. He’s constantly changing things. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Is a new manager bounce going to pull this club into Europe this season? I think we're destined for mid-table mediocrity no matter who's at the helm. And I don't much too much into the difference between 8th, 10th, and 12th. A few million quid in the finishing positions doesn't mean anything to me. I guess I'm saying firing him now makes him a bit of a scapegoat in this mess.

I'm not convinced Rodgers will get us mid table, it looks too far gone now and we could really spiral.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, benfica said:

When you look what he's done - and available now I think

Marco Rose

Left Gladbach first chance he got, even after the club funded the rebuild he desperately wanted. He didn't even leave for anyone crazy, he left them for Dortmund, literally a sideways move.

Is this really the type of manager you want to replace Brendan with

Edited by LFox99
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Who would come here, not much money to spend and number of key players want out.

Whoever did come would need to put out a number of fires, they would have a massive job on their hands.

They would be taking a chance on us and because of this it would be probably someone out of work.

As I've said before, bring in a competent caretaker to get us through this season without being relegated.  If we survive, clear some of the salary excess after the season, and have some time for the holdover stink of BR to clear we'll look more attractive to prospective candidates. 

If the owners stubbornly continue to be penny wise pound foolish and refuse to sack him, we're in serious relegation danger - don't kid yourself otherwise.

Edited by Deeg67

Just now, Deeg67 said:

As I've said before, bring in a competent caretaker to get us through this season without being relegated.  If we survive, clear some of the salary excess after the season, and have some time for the holdover stink of BR to clear we'll look more attractive to prospective candidates. 

Time to roll out Roy from the old people's home then.

12 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Left Gladbach first chance he got, even after the club funded the rebuild he desperately wanted. He didn't even leave for anyone crazy, he left them for Dortmund, literally a sideways move.

Is this really the type of manager you want to replace Brendan with

Cor, your football opinions are up there with the worst I've ever read