Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

6 minutes ago, ramaiya2 said:

I wouldn't mind NP coming back, Roy Hodgson or even big Sam to get us out of trouble. We need to make the change immediately.

Hodgson would get us relegated, probably without winning a game. He gave zero sh!ts at Watford and was only in it for the payday

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ramaiya2 said:

I wouldn't mind NP coming back, Roy Hodgson or even big Sam to get us out of trouble. We need to make the change immediately.

Woy and Big Sam are dinosaurs and Pearson however highly regarded he still is here the old adage of you should never go back. We need fresh ideas and someone who can come in and immediately  stamp his authority on the place.

I just want someone in that dressing room who won't mollycoddle players, but put a rocket up 'em.

Chris Wilder springs to mind.

The mentality bleeds into the style of football - you can't play Rodgers' style without bite in your game - it only works if you defend from the front and don't allow the other team to settle. It was great when we first adopted it and got it to click, but there's just been a gradual bleeding of intensity over the course of seasons now.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

All depends on how loyal the players are to Brendan, for me. If the likes of Maddison, Barnes and JJ feel that they'd follow him out of the door, then I don't think any replacement would be set up to do very well.

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

No? But they might decide that they don't want to work under a new manager and push for moves. 

It's something that the people at the club who make that decision on Brendan would have a better feel for, it's just something I'd bare in mind if it was me making that call.

We are going to some wild lengths in order to defend Rodgers now, if we sack him our best players might not to work with a new manager:D

I doubt they'd care tbh (pure guess work though). They'll be leaving for EPL football if we stick with Rodgers for much longer, sinking fast.

16 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Some of you make some dramatic posts like we're on the verge of bankruptcy. Is this the case? I'm genuinely asking if some of you really know that the club is in such a bad state financially. It's hard to believe it. 

No one is saying we’re on the verge of bankruptcy, it’s pretty clear we need to reduce the wage bill against turnover though. And it’ll take a hefty payoff to get rid of Rodgers. Can only see it being similar to signing Smithies as a replacement in the squad for Schmeichel- a cheap out of work replacement.

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

I just want someone in that dressing room who won't mollycoddle players, but put a rocket up 'em.

Felix Magath it is then

Every morning at 5am sharp he'll have the players run up and down the Old John hill carrying a medicine ball for 2 hours and whoever racks up the least distance has to cook lunch for the rest of the squad.

• Haha 1

Just now, lfu said:

Felix Magath it is then

Every morning at 5am sharp he'll have the players run up and down the Old John hill carrying a medicine ball for 2 hours and whoever racks up the least distance has to cook lunch for the rest of the squad.

I mean if it worked for Jock Wallace lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Bruno Gènèsio. 

The style of football Rennes played against us was really impressive. He also only has one year left on his contract.

Signed a new deal in the summer until 2025

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

In the modern game it is very difficult to give the hair dryer treatment , the players are on a lot of money and they seem to have a different mentality.  Rightly or wrongly this type of management seems to no longer work at most clubs, although there are a few exceptions.

16 hours ago, Ricey said:

What scares me is the thought that we might go for someone like Benitez or Dyche. Both would be a disaster.

Our current squad suits neither of them and the football would be organised and aggressive, but ultimately dull and negative.

We have to go for someone that is within the ballpark of our current style, but for whom naturally gives us some of what we’ve been lacking recently: more pressing, more aggression, quicker pace on the ball and more positivity and energy within how they handle themselves.

After Puel and Rodgers we don’t need another dour, laid back character that is hard to warm to. We need someone that can inject some energy and ambition into the place. Look at all the top 6 managers (apart from Ten Haag maybe), they all spend the entire game kicking every ball, motivating the players and feeding off the atmosphere. It’s not the be all and end all obviously but I really think someone like that will go down a treat with our fans at the minute.

Bielsa and his backroom team of a bucket it is then then...

21 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think Frank would. But it’s a case of affording him. Potch, would come I think. We’re a fantastic opportunity for him to get back on track. Plus we need someone with a bit of a bite.

I would even be happy now if we announce Vardy as player-manager. He's an intelligent player, he knows the team, he knows what's wrong and I'm certain he has knowledge of tactics. Vardy and Big Wes as assistant manager to sort out the defense problems. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think Frank would. But it’s a case of affording him. Potch, would come I think. We’re a fantastic opportunity for him to get back on track. Plus we need someone with a bit of a bite.

Sad to say, but are probably a sideways move for Frank right now and Brentford are canny like we used to be. :(

Do agree about the bit of bite thing though

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sad to say, but are probably a sideways move for Frank right now and Brentford are canny like we used to be. :(

Do agree about the bit of bite thing though

In the moment it would be. But the infrastructure of our club supersedes Brentford’s. Once the wage bill have been sorted Frank would have more to play with. But I also think he would be able to sort this lot out too. However it won’t happen as we would have to pay a lot to get him. 

12 hours ago, filbertway said:

Cor, your football opinions are up there with the worst I've ever read

What? I merely pointed out that Rose has the same snakey tendencies everyone on here seems to despise with Rodgers. It would be the manager equivalent of getting rid of Vestergaard and replacing him with with Bednarek