Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

I'd be flabbergasted if Poch came here, just don't see it happening at all. I'd go for Graham Potter myself, but as I've just said in another thread, I have a feeling we'll end up with someone like Rafa Benitez because he has 'Premier League experience' - just going off of our previous appointments.

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Pochettino.

He is unemployed so we won’t have to pay any compensation. And that’s just the sort of thing we would do

Exactly my thoughts

He may see us as not exactly a huge step up but we should be brave and act like a big club and go for world class coaches.

4 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Poch is only getable if we go after him with serious dough which we don’t have. Never mind how much it’ll cost to bin Rodgers. 

We are already paying Brendan a hefty wage so I don’t imagine it would be too much more than what we pay Brendan already

1 minute ago, Shane said:

Someone who will use the academy and give the youngsters a run of games

The long term success of the club depends on this since we can’t afford massive wages or huge transfer fees. We need a manager who makes the academy a much bigger part of his job than Rodgers does.

• Like 2

We are exactly in the spot Spurs were in Poch’s last season.  Stale squad, fearful and underachieving, in desperate need of new blood.

He couldn’t manage his way out of that one, why would he turn us around?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

You couldn't put any manager in charge of our squad and do worse than Rodgers is doing.  That's the truth to it all.  So on that basis alone, pull the trigger!

I wouldn’t give it Peter Taylor to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Poch is only getable if we go after him with serious dough which we don’t have. Never mind how much it’ll cost to bin Rodgers. 

Bin Fofana and go all out for Poch with that money.

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

EDIT - I started a thread at the same time and it was merged.
(In no particular order)

Potter
- Ruben Amorim

- Marco Rose (Think he's massively underrated, did a great job at Salzburg, Monchengladbach and Dortmund but went under the radar)

- Villas Boas 

- Hassenhuttl (not because of today i've liked him for a long time) 

Give me something to look forward to, even if it's just a dream. 

Don't think Gerrard would come here..

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Anybody who takes accountability for their actions. 

And who doesn’t shame players or is vindictive to them. There’s no good reason Soyuncu should have been frozen out like this. An elite manager would have been able to motivate him. Rodgers is certainly not one of those. 

• Like 2

Guest itude

Nearly anyone but Rodgers, he has totally messed us up. Surely anyone can see that now ? Dyche will do , at least he can get us defending well, and that is a start. Potter ,Frank, and Poch will not be coming.

Just now, KingsX said:

We are exactly in the spot Spurs were in Poch’s last season.  Stale squad, fearful and underachieving, in desperate need of new blood.

He couldn’t manage his way out of that one, why would he turn us around?

Sometimes it’s just a different voice. 

Ranieri was never an exceptional coach, however he took Pearson team and for 12 months made them work better.

In fairness, Rodgers took what Puel had built and did the same for 18 months. 

It’s progression and it’s that bounce that is needed. 

I mentioned it earlier. We’ll rarely if ever see a tenure at a football club like Ferguson or Wenger again. It’s a limited shelf life as a job now and clubs need a reset ever 2 to 3 years. That’s why they’re head coaches and not Managers most of the time now. 

• Like 1