Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

Potter first choice for me.

Bielsa, Conceicao, Rose, and Gasperini are all ones I'd consider.

Pochettino would be excellent. He's a builder and didn't suit PSG at all. But he works players hard and got Spurs playing some really good stuff at their best. Can't see it happening at all though.

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Unless you know him, we have no idea what motivates him. 

Yeah, maybe he actually hates having a club and fanbase that have bought into his way of doing things and maybe he detests having some money to spend over the next couple of windows.

Potter would be the one for me, but he isn't going to chuck what he's done at Brighton for us at this stage. Unless its for money. There would be no guarantee with him but he's on an upward trajectory. 

Dyche is a good manager for a certain type of club, but don't want him here. 

I don't see us approaching anyone out of the ordinary, only hope would be someone interesting applying themselves. 

We really need to consider the style of any future managers. Yes we need to be better defensively, but I think that's more about confidence than ability. But for me focus needs to be on someone who can make us better going forward, someone who can continue to get the best out of Maddison and plays a way that will get bodies around Vardy. Or have a style for us to move away from the Vardy reliance. 

I think Marco Rose seems a good fit. I don’t buy this must need premier league experience. Generally plays a high press 4-4-2 diamond which would suit our current squad, and I think that’s a key thing when recruiting a potential new coach, it has to be someone who suits the blueprint of how the club wants us to play and someone who will suit the current playing squad. 

• Like 2

Guest itude
29 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Permanent:

Emery 

Rose

Marcelino

Interim/18 month deal:

Dyche

I'd be ok with that, the most realistic of those at the moment is of course the 18 month deal for Dyche. Apart from anything else he is available now ,for nothing,and knows the Premier League.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Permanent:

Emery 

Rose

Marcelino

Interim/18 month deal:

Dyche

Why would you get in an interim who plays a style of play wildly different to the previous manager? A style of play that would not suit this squad? A style of play which, let's be honest, is bloody horrible to watch. He'd also not have funds, thank god, to mould the squad around his style of play.

It's imperative for a club like us to give off the impression that we are on the way up and that we are club that is on the road to competing with the big clubs. Hiring Sean Dyche is the act of a club just happy to stay up or a club that is happy to go down but then come back up again. Sean Dyche belongs at West Brom or Watford or Norwich.

We don't need a no nonsense manager to keep us up. We are three matches in and have more than enough quality to stay up, as long as we shake ourselves out of the rut that the current manager has placed us in.

And yes, all of my posts from now on will be about Sean Dyche and why we'd be a disaster.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Potter for me, though he's never going to leave Brighton.

lots of calls for potter but within a week people will be moaning that we are playing 5 at the back again… so unless you want to see big dan, vesty and soy play together again… potters not our guy. 

We haven't an identity and we don't thus making it hard for the board to pick a manager, who probably will go after a tried and trusted ex EPL manager like Porch 

Look at Leeds they have a known style of how they play.... fast high press football. And after they got rid of Bielsa they picked Marsch who plays the same high press counter attacking football. The same system he coached at Red Bull Salzburg, at Leeds he'll have his ups and may have downs but it sure will be exciting football for the club and fans.

We haven't any style because we have lost our identity. The Leicester board need to work out what style they want Leicester to play and then get a manager who fits and plays that style.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

20 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

lots of calls for potter but within a week people will be moaning that we are playing 5 at the back again… so unless you want to see big dan, vesty and soy play together again… potters not our guy. 

I would have no issue if the new manager prefers to use 5 at the back, builds their philosophy around it and knows how to make it effective, it can be a really good system when used correctly

The problem is we have been subjected to it through Rodgers who has no real clue how to set it up properly, or has seemingly struggled on how to instruct his players to play in it

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

Suppose there's a difference between who you would like and who is available. 

Potter -  zero chance.  I'm not a fan really of Dyche but he is available and experienced and I feel its most likely the club will end up with him.   As for Pottechino,  they'd be mad not to ask the question at least.   I suspect he want guarantees about span of role and of course money. His next move may well define him as a manager.

22 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

They'd probably moan less if it resulted in more chances or goals. People only complain about 3/5 at the back under Rodgers because he still insists on playing his slow methodical football which teams find fairly easy to defend against.

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Why would you get in an interim who plays a style of play wildly different to the previous manager? A style of play that would not suit this squad? A style of play which, let's be honest, is bloody horrible to watch. He'd also not have funds, thank god, to mould the squad around his style of play.

It's imperative for a club like us to give off the impression that we are on the way up and that we are club that is on the road to competing with the big clubs. Hiring Sean Dyche is the act of a club just happy to stay up or a club that is happy to go down but then come back up again. Sean Dyche belongs at West Brom or Watford or Norwich.

We don't need a no nonsense manager to keep us up. We are three matches in and have more than enough quality to stay up, as long as we shake ourselves out of the rut that the current manager has placed us in.

And yes, all of my posts from now on will be about Sean Dyche and why we'd be a disaster.

Whilst I don't particularly want Dyche either, you're rather presupposing that Dyche only knows one way to play based on Burnley. Let's be honest, he'd not got much choice there and did remarkably well for the most part with what he had available. 

In contrast, we have a number of players in our team that are suited to slightly different ways of playing, however, Rodgers has been equally as short-sighted in only being able to play one way, the way he hasn't got the players suitable to execute and a now obsolete way at that.  

If it was the only choice, I would definitely have Dyche over Rodgers until the end of the season at this point in time. Much longer with Rodgers and I fear he could do us much harm for the future. 

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We haven't an identity and we don't thus making it hard for the board to pick a manager, who probably will go after a tried and trusted ex EPL manager like Porch 

Look at Leeds they have a known style of how they play.... fast high press football. And after they got rid of Bielsa they picked Marsch who plays the same high press counter attacking football. The same system he coached at Red Bull Salzburg, at Leeds he'll have his ups and may have downs but it sure will be exciting football for the club and fans.

We haven't any style because we have lost our identity. The Leicester board need to work out what style they want Leicester to play and then get a manager who fits and plays that style.

A style that entertains the fans would be a good start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I would have no issue if the new manager prefers to use 5 at the back, builds their philosophy around it and knows how to make it effective, it can be a really good system when used correctly

The problem is we have been subjected to it through Rodgers who has no real clue how to set it up properly, or has seemingly struggled on how to instruct his players to play in it

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

They'd probably moan less if it resulted in more chances or goals. People only complain about 3/5 at the back under Rodgers because he still insists on playing his slow methodical football which teams find fairly easy to defend against.

my point was more the fact that we don’t currently have the players for it. We could be down to 1 reliable cb by the time we get a new manager. 

plus we have a right footed left back which really effects us relying on him for width and  two of our best players are a dm and a winger.  

For me, it’s simply not the right formation for the best 11 we currently have 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah Pochettino had the worse win percentage for a PSG manager in 10 years  (3 previous managers) with arguably the best team

Because PSG now coach by Christophe Galtier and he is a brilliant football Manager.

He created wonders with the Lille and won the title 2 season ago beating the star studded PSG.

When I recommended his name, some rocket scientist here told me that he wasn't good enough for LCFC.

My new favourite and suggestion now would be Jorge Sampaoli.

He has the fire, emotion, passion and tactical knowledge to fix us.

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Like 1