Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

Not quite sure why everyone is so convinced potch wouldn't come here.  Yes he's managed PSG but that didn't go too well so he won't walk directly into another huge job.  We have a good squad that can challange for European football if playing at there best, We are a premier league team which seems to be a big attraction plus we pay managers a lot.  Probably as much if not more than he would get anywhere outside the top 6. He come in has a good season or two with us and either takes us to huge heights or moves on to a bigger job same way players do. 

We have the players,to play any system the manager chooses.

I reckon Brendan could easy turn it around with some new found Irish balls,

and any Newbee, could get the players to find their PL high quality game..

Since last season too many fan,creating too much false noise ,where media

& obsessed fans are bouncing off each other..

Its the BS,Claptrap,toxic false cynical noise that has gone off,bouncing through

the KP corridors…Very few put up decent arguments…

Noway should we be letting any big player go this seaso,if offers are well below

expectations…Fofana needs to get back playing his top football for THIS club,

Tielemans ditto..EOS is another matter..

The club has to show their own teeth & put their wants loud & clear on the table.

Its lack of of that loud management voice that is causing these noises to drag on.

It seems off-field within the corridors of management & onfield we are missing for

football world a couple of Hard talking personalities

…Don’t let the Buddhist thoughts twist through arguments….There are enough

Buddhist…who can bang the gong…,,

( Me for one,…prefer the quiet approach,but there are times..!!)

6 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Not quite sure why everyone is so convinced potch wouldn't come here.  Yes he's managed PSG but that didn't go too well so he won't walk directly into another huge job.  We have a good squad that can challange for European football if playing at there best, We are a premier league team which seems to be a big attraction plus we pay managers a lot.  Probably as much if not more than he would get anywhere outside the top 6. He come in has a good season or two with us and either takes us to huge heights or moves on to a bigger job same way players do. 

We're not paying another manager more than £100,000 a week for a long term. Pochettino is going to want way more than that.

4 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Why not we've done it before why wouldn't we do it again if we believed it was the right thing for the club

Because his wages are the main reason we're lumbered with him 

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Because his wages are the main reason we're lumbered with him 

His long contract makes it harder but you only give him a 2 or 3 year contract and it's fine. 

Also your only guessing about wages stopping us getting rid it could just be the club have decided they don't want to get rid yet

6 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Potter first choice for me.

Bielsa, Conceicao, Rose, and Gasperini are all ones I'd consider.

Pochettino would be excellent. He's a builder and didn't suit PSG at all. But he works players hard and got Spurs playing some really good stuff at their best. Can't see it happening at all though.

When I compiled the list of who I might like as our next manager, I forget all about Sérgio Conceição. A proper winner who would get us playing on the front foot.

Can't see Porto wanting to lose him, and if we did get him, it would take some hefty compensation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

8 out of 10 manager names mentioned here are currently in job with teams that have started very well in their leagues, except Sporting's Amorim which has a relatively bad start in the Portuguese league. There's no way these managers will leave now. Only Amorim might get the sack soon. 

And probably getting paid half of what Brendan is

The blatantly obvious time to first sack a manager is the international break after September 17/Gameweek 8.

September sackings in recent years have been someone at Watford, De Boer at Palace, and someone at Sunderland.

August departures were MON and Pulis 5 and 2 days before the season began. Pulis lost in court and had to pay.

And to acknowledge the 2 more games rumor, well that would mean no incomings for a perspective manager anyway really just narrowing the candidates down to someone who is taking a massive leap with no success at this level.

38 minutes ago, ronnup said:

And probably getting paid half of what Brendan is

A fair few of these names might not even be on a quarter of what Rodgers is on.

Edited by Stadt

22 hours ago, alfox13 said:

If we get relegated it will cost £150 milion.

....the parachute payment has already been factored in LCFC investments and loans!!!

The process is:

How much money would Leeds or Burnley get from parachute payments? Each club receives 55 percent of the amount that each Premier League team would collect under an equal share of broadcast revenue, reduced to 45 percent in the second year and 20 percent the year after that.

The cost is nowhere near £150m. Bouncing straight back means we can minimize the cost.

33 minutes ago, Incognito said:

When I compiled the list of who I might like as our next manager, I forget all about Sérgio Conceição. A proper winner who would get us playing on the front foot.

Can't see Porto wanting to lose him, and if we did get him, it would take some hefty compensation.

I wonder how much he's on there. It would be really interesting to see how he would fare in the Premier League.