Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

40 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is exactly what I've been saying - different styles of play but Dyche might well go somewhere and turn out better than people think. I could see it happening.

Lol Howe played attractive attacking football. Dyche - the exact opposite. We’re better than Dyche. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Lol Howe played attractive attacking football. Dyche - the exact opposite. We’re better than Dyche. 

I don't necessarily want Dyche but I am very intrigued to see what he does in his next job. I'm just not sure I'm willing to see us to be the ones who take that chance.

Among the ones who are actually available, would actually take the job, and we would actually want, Rose seems to make the most sense.  He’s not that exciting a name but a very competent manager who plays attractive football.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't necessarily want Dyche but I am very intrigued to see what he does in his next job. I'm just not sure I'm willing to see us to be the ones who take that chance.

Personally think he ends up going to a relegation threatened Premier League side with little money...

Oh shit.

10 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Among the ones who are actually available, would actually take the job, and we would actually want, Rose seems to make the most sense.  He’s not that exciting a name but a very competent manager who plays attractive football.

Has no idea how to set up a defence tho, we’d be stuck with the same issues as we have now.

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Did a good job at Gladbach and was hardly the disaster some seem to think he was at Dortmund. I personally think he'd be very good and there'd be no compensation package after paying off Rodgers.

De Zerbi did brilliantly at Sassuolo and has recently left Shakhtar as well if anyone fancies a bit of a gamble.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is exactly what I've been saying - different styles of play but Dyche might well go somewhere and turn out better than people think. I could see it happening.

I also think the idea that Burnley were always dreadful to watch under him to be somewhat of a myth. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The football we’ve served up for 18 months has been worse 

All football is exciting, is the style of play is executed well. What we’re seeing now is basically ball retention, with no forward movement, penetration and slow intensity. 

• Like 2

Potter, Ruben Amorim, Gerard Seoane, Matthias Jessle, Marco Rose. Ange Postecoglou as a wildcard option, I did hear he was on a rolling 12-month contract (might have changed now?) so could be a cheap option. 

Really hope we go for a more younger, up and coming manager.

18 minutes ago, Sly said:

All football is exciting, is the style of play is executed well. What we’re seeing now is basically ball retention, with no forward movement, penetration and slow intensity. 

Rodgers has doubled down on it too, this  is his problem. He can’t address issues, every problem we’ve had since 19/20 still plagues us now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Well at Dortmund he was shocking at it, they were very leaky. 

Did well at Gladbach though. 

And both Dortmund and Gladbach at least had something going forward, putting them one up on us under Rodgers. 

44 minutes ago, Sly said:

This is the man that we need:

He’s the heir apparent to Klopp at Liverpool though, so it’s whether we’d take the gamble and if he’d be tempted to come. 

I said similar about looking around for Assistant Managers/Top Coaches. 

Stuivenberg at Arsenal is another.

Just not sure they'll jump ship right now. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Did well at Gladbach though. 

And both Dortmund and Gladbach at least had something going forward, putting them one up on us under Rodgers. 

He had a lot of attacking talent at his disposal at dortmund tho, I’m sure Rodgers would be alright here if he had Haaland, Reus and Bellingham.

I like Rose, and I think he should be considered. But I’m not sure he answers everything we need right now. 

4 minutes ago, Dusty said:

He had a lot of attacking talent at his disposal at dortmund tho, I’m sure Rodgers would be alright here if he had Haaland, Reus and Bellingham.

I like Rose, and I think he should be considered. But I’m not sure he answers everything we need right now. 

True. It could be argued that he should have pushed Bayern more, but they have just won ten titles on the spin. 

His record at Gladbach bears scrutiny though, and he was good before at RB Salzburg as well. It would suggest that he has very good scouting knowledge in Germany and could bring in some quality in January. 

I quite like the look of De Zerbi as well. He was brilliant at Sassuolo and is unemployed having left Shakhtar due to the ongoing war in Ukraine.

Europe is littered with good coaches who has good ideas and play progressive pleasing on the eye football. Take a punt on of those

Can't believe people are even entertaining the idea of the dinosaur called Dyche. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Franck Haise got Lens promoted and they’ve finished 7th twice in a row. 

He’s got to be worth a look.

Gave their match against Monaco a watch last night, they absolutely destroyed them and ran them ragged.

A team full of progressive players with a nice mixture of technical ability and pace.

Of European managers in work though, Matthias Jaissle of RB Salzburg is the guy we should take a look at, the majority of the squad we have now is perfectly set up for him imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Gave their match against Monaco a watch last night, they absolutely destroyed them and ran them ragged.

A team full of progressive players with a nice mixture of technical ability and pace.

Of European managers in work though, Matthias Jaissle of RB Salzburg is the guy we should take a look at, the majority of the squad we have now is perfectly set up for him imo.

Matthias Jaissle does sound and even look the part.  I agree, he would be someone I'd like to see in Leicester, seems like he would kick some asses too.  I really dislike Brendan the snake oil sales man.  He wants to be a cheque book manager , deep down i'm sure he wanted the Newcastle job, his wavering started when the Saudi's came to Newcastle.  Thanks for the Fa cup/community Shield, but the disrespect he has shown to us the fans and club is nothing sort of dishonesty, for that, he has sucked the sprit out of Leicester, we move on

We need a manager like Jesse Marsh that his verve/back bone and drive.  Leeds did well there.  had enough of having a fraud.  I have a feeling the owners know who they want, they are waiting for something.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bilo said:

Dyche gets overly praised on the strength of Burnley making up the numbers in the Prem and managing to finish 7th once. The football would be ghastly, any creative players would be off in a shot and if you find Rodgers' excuses infuriating, you've seen **** all.

Unemployed managers at the moment include Nuno Espirito Santo, AVB, Sampaoli, Marco Rose, and Gracia. 

All would be better than Dyche.

a lot of them are worse than dyche lol

• Like 2