Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think whoever it would be would be someone who has previous PL experience, out of work and prefers possession-based, high-pressing football. Anyone got any idea who fits that profile?

Don’t think it’s as necessary as some think. Pretty much every coach in the league worth their salt currently hadn’t set foot in the league before they came. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't really get the possession obsession at all. To me it's a symptom of how you play rather than an objective. We had loads of the ball last night because Stockport's gameplan was always going to result in it. I really don't think having 70%+ of the ball is even a positive if you're not at a certain level.

It should be about your chance creation rate rather than possession. Our chance creation relative to possession must be as bad as anybody in Europe.

Correct,  yesterdays high possession was due to playing the "Brenden Ball sideways passing" set up.  I've said before, possession for the sake of it is boring to watch and pointless. For all our possession we had 1, yes 1 registered shot on goal and a grand total of 2 or 3 corners... Hardly useing the possession to great effect.  Yes i appreciate Stockport possibly parked two buses,  but this is where great managers earn their coin in adapting,  not just persisting with the same old tactics hoping for a break though.. You know we are in trouble when nothing really changed after bringing on KDH, Madderson etc.   We looked livelier,  but his changes still ended in a 0-0 against a bottom of league 2 side 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I think whoever it would be would be someone who has previous PL experience, out of work and prefers possession-based, high-pressing football. Anyone got any idea who fits that profile?

Brendan Rodgers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sly said:

This is the man that we need:

He’s the heir apparent to Klopp at Liverpool though, so it’s whether we’d take the gamble and if he’d be tempted to come. 

I would be very down for this but don’t think it will happen, especially as Klopp has started to talk about moving on/retiring etc. 

I really think we need someone whose style complements our players and can get them drilled and motivated in the short term and then recruits along those lines going forward. We clearly have a strategy to replace in a succession based manner (e.g., Daka for Vards) but we’re not playing in a way that even suits our players (e.g., Vards again. Constantly isolated and service to him is too slow) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Foxes with Sprit said:

Matthias Jaissle does sound and even look the part.  I agree, he would be someone I'd like to see in Leicester, seems like he would kick some asses too.  I really dislike Brendan the snake oil sales man.  He wants to be a cheque book manager , deep down i'm sure he wanted the Newcastle job, his wavering started when the Saudi's came to Newcastle.  Thanks for the Fa cup/community Shield, but the disrespect he has shown to us the fans and club is nothing sort of dishonesty, for that, he has sucked the sprit out of Leicester, we move on

We need a manager like Jesse Marsh that his verve/back bone and drive.  Leeds did well there.  had enough of having a fraud.  I have a feeling the owners know who they want, they are waiting for something.

Marco Rose

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

I think there’s a quite obvious choice.

It looks like Gio van Bronckhorst is getting to get Rangers into the Champs league tonight.

I think he looks to be a tremendous up and coming manager and he could possibly leave Rangers to come here.

45 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It looks like Gio van Bronckhorst is getting to get Rangers into the Champs league tonight.

I think he looks to be a tremendous up and coming manager and he could possibly leave Rangers to come here.

Nah, he won't go. Not for a few years, at least. He's making Gerrard look absolutely rubbish - though Stevie's doing that himself at Villa. 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

.....I mentioned him last season as a manager who has excelled!!!

He took Rangers on a great European journey better than Rodgers has ever done. It was suggested that he was underachieving due to the team he inherited and Rangers' finance in comparison to  Celtic. considering it is a richer club than their Glasgow counterparts.

I wonder how much King Power knows about the manager market and I can see they may choose to go for Marc Brys or Postecoglou from Celtic.