Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I think there’s a quite obvious choice.

It looks like Gio van Bronckhorst is getting to get Rangers into the Champs league tonight.

I think he looks to be a tremendous up and coming manager and he could possibly leave Rangers to come here.

Absolutely no chance now. 

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I think there’s a quite obvious choice.

It looks like Gio van Bronckhorst is getting to get Rangers into the Champs league tonight.

I think he looks to be a tremendous up and coming manager and he could possibly leave Rangers to come here.

....the sad bit is with PSV falling out of the potential Champions League, Madueke would have been an ideal pickup!!!

His injuries have impacted his career and If we could have brought in one player, he would have made a big difference to our first eleven.

22 hours ago, Stadt said:

Franck Haise got Lens promoted and they’ve finished 7th twice in a row. 

He’s got to be worth a look.

22 hours ago, kingfox said:

Gave their match against Monaco a watch last night, they absolutely destroyed them and ran them ragged.

A team full of progressive players with a nice mixture of technical ability and pace.

Of European managers in work though, Matthias Jaissle of RB Salzburg is the guy we should take a look at, the majority of the squad we have now is perfectly set up for him imo.

Good shout, I posted a few days ago an article on the Strasbourg manager - Julian Stephan.

He's another who's done brilliantly, did well at Rennes as well winning their first trophy in nearly 50 years and qualifying for the CL.

• Like 2

Not sure he is ready for the Premier League just yet but Kieran McKenna at Ipswich looks to have a really bright future, doing a great job there and getting rave reviews for tactical set up etc with Ipswich playing attractive football and defensively well structured. 

would be a brave call but could be the type of innovative appointment much like Potter at Brighton and avoid going down the route of the old faithfuls. 

39 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Not sure he is ready for the Premier League just yet but Kieran McKenna at Ipswich looks to have a really bright future, doing a great job there and getting rave reviews for tactical set up etc with Ipswich playing attractive football and defensively well structured. 

would be a brave call but could be the type of innovative appointment much like Potter at Brighton and avoid going down the route of the old faithfuls. 

He'd work cheap, which would certainly appeal to the board.  But they might feel like steering clear of Northern Ireland for a while...

When BR does go I'd like us to give as much consideration to a female coach as male coach. There's some great talent in the female pool and I think they could bring a different mindset to the team. I'd love to see Jill Ellis appointed. Whether we could prise her out of her current role (and whether her partner would be willing to relocate) I don't know, but she's an incrediblse talent. Having said the above I think if BR carries on as is it'll narrow the pool substantially as I don't think we'll be in a position where we can potentially take a risk. 

• Like 1

I think we also need to consider that if the board is paying BR 25 million or whatever to feck off, they’re probably not going to be keen on hiring a new manager who’s going to command a huge salary.  So even if someone like Ponch or Mancini would take the job (which they wouldn’t) they’d likely be priced out of it.

35 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

How comes?

Maybe if it's a case of staying in the Premier League money vs spending the money on sacking Rodgers money then you're right. 

At the moment we're not at that stage, so can't see them doing it in the immediate future. 

Because the whole point is that the cost of sacking Rodgers might keep the club from pursuing an expensive replacement.  That doesn't mean they won't pay it in the first place.

On 20/08/2022 at 18:50, moore_94 said:

Every single time a new one of these threads pop up my answer will always be the same - Urs Fischer from Union Berlin.

His current deal runs out in 2023 and his current wage is very small, financially he would be very affordable.

Took over in 2018/19 when they were in 2. Bundesliga, in his 1st season in charge he got them to 3rd which at the time was their highest ever finish, and got them promoted through the playoffs into the Bundesliga for the first time in the clubs history.

In their first ever season in the Bundesliga in 19/20 where there were expected to be relegated straight away they finished a comfortable 11th and well clear of the relegation zone.

Then the following season in 20/21 they finished 7th and qualified for Europe for the first time in their history, whilst having the 5th best defensive record in the league.

Then last season they went even better as they finished 5th and qualified for the Europa League, just 1 point off the Champions League places, again whilst having the 3rd best defensive record in the league.

They have started the current season very well also, right now they are 2-0 up against Leipzig which will put them top

The job he has done with them in the past 4 years has been absolutely outstanding, turning them into regular European qualification contenders and one of the best defensive sides in the league on a very small budget.

Do whatever it takes to get him in.

Smashed Schalke 6-1 today as well.

• Like 3

Guest StevieLynex

Giovanni von Bronkhurst. Incredible job with Rangers. He gets them to the Europa League final and we had kittens over reaching the semi of the Leicester Sunday League Cup