Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

A guy called Toby was on 606 and suggested Pearson and also mentioned Allardyce, Dyche and Pulis.

Also said he wanted Brendan out after Wolves away last season and wanted Mark Hughes to replace Rodgers lol

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

A guy called Toby was on 606 and suggested Pearson and also mentioned Allardyce, Dyche and Pulis.

Also said he wanted Brendan out after Wolves away last season and wanted Mark Hughes to replace Rodgers lol

All of which would be spectacular steps backwards. Not a glimmer of a chance.

Possession based football is great if you are playing in the final third, with pace and players that are good enough to do it, like they have at Man City, but even Liverpool struggle to play like that, and whilst we have some talent in our ranks we are not at that sort of level. What we could still do very effectively with a decent centre back or two, is play solid at the back and counter attack with pace, it suits Vardy/Daka, Barnes, Madders, Dewsbury Hall, Castagne, Justin, it means you can also just leave Ndidi in the destructive role he is good at and stop stressing him about being a ball playing centre mid. It was more exciting to watch than some of the dross we now watch, and you always felt we had a chance on the break. And still the best football we have played in years came during the great escape, not the title winning season. We have become too nice, too passive, and slow. The only time you start to see what we can do is when we are chasing the game and finally let the shackles off.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CalH said:

Cambiasso as interim? Links with Leicester and also had a good relationship with Khun Vichai and Khun Top. Maybe Jamie would get on better with him these days? 

Getting a complete novice in is absolutely a recipe for disaster. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve seen a crazy amount of people suggesting Cambiasso in recent weeks. By crazy I mean more than 1. What on earth is it about him that people think would translate to success? lol 

He was here for one season and wanted to leave as soon as he could. 

Edited by Nobbyburton
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Marco Silva?

Think we’ll get someone for the rest of the season then get a long term manager in next summer. 

Very few long term managers in the modern game.

Most managers have a maximum of 3-4 years at one club before it goes a bit sour - just like it is Rodgers now. He’s not a bad manager but he’s done here and will go somewhere else and do well again.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Tuna said:

that guy sounded like a Florist fan on a wind up. He had a Nottingham accent to my ear

Cambiasso is a terrible idea. 

Not only has he never been the leading coach at a club, he’s never coached at the highest level. 

That’s like suggesting Neil Lennon and no one would touch him. 

51 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Very few long term managers in the modern game.

Most managers have a maximum of 3-4 years at one club before it goes a bit sour - just like it is Rodgers now. He’s not a bad manager but he’s done here and will go somewhere else and do well again.

Agreed. 

I fancy Unai Emery, but not sure he’d come mid season. Would happily take him for 18 months though. 

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Marco Silva?

Think we’ll get someone for the rest of the season then get a long term manager in next summer. 

Honestly I've always thought he's a decent coach but ruins himself with stupid career moves.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Agreed. 

I fancy Unai Emery, but not sure he’d come mid season. Would happily take him for 18 months though. 

Why on earth would he want to leave a team 2nd in the Spanish league to come here. He's doing a great job where he is and appears appreciated, which is in the exact opposite to his treatment last time he was here trying to manage a then basket case. From the outside we must look more of the same.

Sometimes it's not just about the money and I'm sure Rodgers will be squealing and justifying how good he is all the way to compensation if sacked. The media can be relied upon to back him up and portray him as victim whilst making reference to Ranieri too.

16 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Why on earth would he want to leave a team 2nd in the Spanish league to come here. He's doing a great job where he is and appears appreciated, which is in the exact opposite to his treatment last time he was here trying to manage a then basket case. From the outside we must look more of the same.

Sometimes it's not just about the money and I'm sure Rodgers will be squealing and justifying how good he is all the way to compensation if sacked. The media can be relied upon to back him up and portray him as victim whilst making reference to Ranieri too.

Well I doubt he would but that’s just who I fancy :scarf:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1