Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

41 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Wishful thinking IMO (not to mention if Top is out 25 million to end the Brendo nightmare he’s going to try and pay the next manager in grocery coupons and lottery tickets).  But I’d love to get him.

If BR does go ,then Graham Potter ,would be my choice ,but he wouldn't want to come to us  tbh

44 minutes ago, John rayner said:

If BR does go ,then Graham Potter ,would be my choice ,but he wouldn't want to come to us  tbh

Potter would need another rebuild job if he came here. He’s just gone through all that with Brighton.

2 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Fischer sounds interesting. A former World Chess Champion should be brilliant at tactics, and defending. Gerrimin.

Except that B.Fischer has been dead for 14 years!

Hmmmm.... Come to think of it he probably would be an improvement 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

As Ric & Moore keep banging the drum for Slot & Fischer, I’ll keep banging the drum for Matthias Jaissle.

Best league start of any manager in RB Salzburg history, first manager in RB Salzburg history to get them into the Champions League Round of 16. 

Plays a high intensity style of football in a 4-3-1-2 formation, a highly energetic and pressing midfield is the key component, which then allows Salzburg to utilise their pace in the forward areas, which would perfectly suit the likes of Vardy, Daka & Barnes.

RB Salzburg were also the youngest team in the Champions League with an average age of 22, Jaissle himself is only 34.

Finally if he does come, he’ll instantly be the most handsome b*****d in the Premier League, instead of season tickets being thrown at him, it will be people’s underwear instead.

B0-DB5-F13-E282-4452-83-CA-5-E1-A732-E2-:wub:

I'm sold! What are we waiting for 😂

• Like 1

Looking at who realistically would/could manage Leicester City I'd like Patrick Vieira.

He has played at the top. He is an up and coming developing manager. He must be ambitious. He was/is a fierce competitor and we are a step up from Palace (at least I'd like to think we are).

He also has recent success at working with what he has got.

15 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

Looking at who realistically would/could manage Leicester City I'd like Patrick Vieira.

He has played at the top. He is an up and coming developing manager. He must be ambitious. He was/is a fierce competitor and we are a step up from Palace (at least I'd like to think we are).

He also has recent success at working with what he has got.

Oh yeah he'd really want to come while he signed all the young players he wanted at Palace and he's creating a team for the future while we're stuck bottom and facing a relegation battle.

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

As Ric & Moore keep banging the drum for Slot & Fischer, I’ll keep banging the drum for Matthias Jaissle.

Best league start of any manager in RB Salzburg history, first manager in RB Salzburg history to get them into the Champions League Round of 16. 

Plays a high intensity style of football in a 4-3-1-2 formation, a highly energetic and pressing midfield is the key component, which then allows Salzburg to utilise their pace in the forward areas, which would perfectly suit the likes of Vardy, Daka & Barnes.

RB Salzburg were also the youngest team in the Champions League with an average age of 22, Jaissle himself is only 34.

Finally if he does come, he’ll instantly be the most handsome b*****d in the Premier League, instead of season tickets being thrown at him, it will be people’s underwear instead.

B0-DB5-F13-E282-4452-83-CA-5-E1-A732-E2-:wub:

You've got more chance of going to Mars than Jaissle coming to Leicester.  He's headed for much bigger clubs than us and we couldn't afford the compensation. In fact we can't afford any compensation so any new manager is likely to have to come from the ranks of those currently seeking employment.

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

2 managers who had both their clubs in the relegation zone for most of last season?

How many wins did both managers get in the league last season?

I don't want them at all, I'd be horrified 

But they are exactly who I could see our owners going for

Edited by MrsJohnMurphy

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers won't cost us 3 years wages to remove, it's about a year or so and his staff so probably more like £13-14m.

Slot is apparently on £1.2m a year, we could triple his salary and he still be only less than a third of what Brendan was on.

You've got me dreaming. Not sure I can deal with the heartbreak when we unveil Dyche. 

• Haha 1

I've decided we must have Graham Potter. Everything BR talks about whether it be a leaner and higher quality squad or playing with intensity week in week out and with style and identity.

I don't think he'd come though. We don't have any wingers. 

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I've decided we must have Graham Potter. Everything BR talks about whether it be a leaner and higher quality squad or playing with intensity week in week out and with style and identity.

I don't think he'd come though. We don't have any wingers. 

He's not available.....he's contracted to Brighton until end of season 2025......so if you want him you probably have to wait 3 years  and that's when Brendan's contract finishes here and then your not certain he'd want to come here. 

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He's not available.....he's contracted to Brighton until end of season 2025......so if you want him you probably have to wait 3 years  and that's when Brendan's contract finishes here and then your not certain he'd want to come here. 

It's almost damned if you do and damned if you don't. I'd prefer we do what we did with BR and effectively poach him mid season and pay Rodgers off. So many pros and cons though.

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

It's almost damned if you do and damned if you don't. I'd prefer we do what we did with BR and effectively poach him mid season and pay Rodgers off. So many pros and cons though.

He's doing a fine job at Brighton....let him build something great there.... he'll probably go to Spurs when Conte leaves in 2 to 3 years time.

Let's get a similar up and coming manager...there's quite afew good ones who have done wonders for smaller clubs in European leagues

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

in the same way that Brendan wasn’t available when he came to sign for us?

:cool:

however, the point of ‘can  we seriously claim to be a step up from Brighton right now’ has to be  made..