Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

Mancini would be the stand out name we could get , would have to back him in January and I guess we would for the right manager but I think he does want a return to club management. 

It’s very unlikely but he would be amazing coup if we could bring him in.

Edited by Happy Fox

Whoever it is, we need somebody who is a good man manager. The players confidence looks shot at the moment, they’re clearly not getting that psychological support from the manager and it’s led to a point where they’re terrified of making mistakes. The same happened with Rodgers at Liverpool and then Klopp came in who is the ultimate man manager. We need a similar style of follow up manager. 

49 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Mancini would be the stand out name we could get , would have to back him in January and I guess we would for the right manager but I think he does want a return to club management. 

It’s very unlikely but he would be amazing coup if we could bring him in.

But we can't back him in Jan as Top has told us, unless we ship out some of our non-playing high wage earners. Any new manager appointment will have to be made on this basis. 

Sean Dyche.  Before everyone shoots me down, he has experience of being in a relegation battle season upon season while also getting teams up from the Championship.

Unfortunately that's the current position we are in.  I can't see any foreign managers cutting it at the moment 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

But we can't back him in Jan as Top has told us, unless we ship out some of our non-playing high wage earners. Any new manager appointment will have to be made on this basis. 

I genuinely think Top is fibbing re the backing, they won't back Rodgers but they will back the new manager could be wrong though!

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

I genuinely think Top is fibbing re the backing, they won't back Rodgers but they will back the new manager could be wrong though!

I don't think he can because of FFP. They might come down on us especially hard given the club has previously received a fine because of this. I think we could only get away with it if we employed the Man City legal team. That's why sanctions will never involve points deductions as the Premier League can't appoint lawyers as good. 

We don't need a stop gap to keep us up, it's too early for that. We need a long term plan, someone who can galvanise current players and then take charge of a rebuild. 

Need a manager who can work with no wingers, either someone who can coach a back 3 properly or a narrow midfield. 

Problem is club seems to lack any imaginative planning so it probably will be Dyche. Who I think is a decent manager but do we have any strengths in our squad that he likes? 

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

did well at watford and l don’t think it’s fair to judge any manager on what they achieve with everton based on how that clubs run. 

I’d take anyone who’s not rodgers and wants to play attractive football imo. 

Don’t think there’s any reason, for any other prem manager to jump ship for us tbh. we’ll have to dip below or from the out of work pool. 

I think we need a sea change. Dychy for me 💷💷💷💷

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

We don't need a stop gap to keep us up, it's too early for that. We need a long term plan, someone who can galvanise current players and then take charge of a rebuild. 

Need a manager who can work with no wingers, either someone who can coach a back 3 properly or a narrow midfield. 

Problem is club seems to lack any imaginative planning so it probably will be Dyche. Who I think is a decent manager but do we have any strengths in our squad that he likes? 

Dyche has more to offer than you think. 
many 💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷

Guest StevieLynex
2 hours ago, somebum said:

Well listen I've not given it much thought but I thought I'd throw it on the stoop and see if the cat licks it up,

Why not give Kasper a try, he can't do much worse

I was thinking the same. Always thought he would end his career with us with a view to one day becoming the Managet with Vardy as his assistant 

The more I think about it, the more suitable Marco Rose would be.

A progressive, tactically astute manager whom presses and does not focus on ball retention but rather disrupting opponents and creating chances.

4-2-3-1, 4-3-1-2 are his favoured formations which suit us.

Alexander Zickler would be available too as assistant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonarchFox said:

Sean Dyche.  Before everyone shoots me down, he has experience of being in a relegation battle season upon season while also getting teams up from the Championship.

Unfortunately that's the current position we are in.  I can't see any foreign managers cutting it at the moment 

No.

I think the only one that takes it is Dyche. To his own admission he knows how to balance books and would create a siege mentality around it rather than a stick to beat the players with. He’d know he can’t go mad in January and then in summer next year I think he’d enjoy a rebuild with a bigger budget than Burnley had. We also need to tighten up and get back to low block and counter. I’m done with this tippy tappy horse shit. It doesn’t work and the game is moving away from it anyway.