Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

Firstly, don’t be sucked in by the no money stuff

we aren’t spending this window 

we won’t spend much in Jan because it’s a bad window to spend in 

if we can move on a couple of the fringe players like praet and vestergaard next summer,  we can spend 70/80m and bring in six or seven players.  None on six figure wages though! 

the huge problem we are going to have is that the longer we leave it, the more difficult our position at the wrong end of the table becomes and the less attractive a proposition we become for a decent coach. no one wants to walk into a relegation scrap apart from big Sam !

Right now, I'd take Dyche all day long.  I reckon he'd jump at the chance too.

Nightmare situation would be Villa sacking Gerrard first, and getting Dyche in before we act.  Then we're screwed.

Wouldn't want Gerrard or Lampard and there's no way Potter leaves Brighton.  Realistically, if it's not Dyche it will end up being a punt on a foreign manager that I probably haven't heard of.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Right now, I'd take Dyche all day long.  I reckon he'd jump at the chance too.

Nightmare situation would be Villa sacking Gerrard first, and getting Dyche in before we act.  Then we're screwed.

Wouldn't want Gerrard or Lampard and there's no way Potter leaves Brighton.  Realistically, if it's not Dyche it will end up being a punt on a foreign manager that I probably haven't heard of.

Dyche ball wouldn't work with our players.

I think we may have to look abroad purely because there's a lack of English managers who would want to come and are of the required standard. Given a choice between Roberto De Zerbi, Marco Rose or Sean Dyche, the latter is a pretty distant third.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

Dyche ball wouldn't work with our players.

I've now actually chatted about this with a Burnley fan I know.

He said that Dyche was a victim of his own success in a way. Dyche managed to keep Burnley up time and time again with a very average squad which basically lead to Burnley's old owners not laying out any funds because they thought Dyche could just keep doing the same forever. He also said that back when Dyche had Burnley finishing in Europe and top half, that there were consistent glimpses of what he can do when he's got at least the odd technically gifted player available. It's tough to play anything else than 442 Brexit ball with the players he had at his disposal and even then he tried to make it work at times. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ricey said:

God things are bleak when people are actually wanting Dyche and Big Sam.

I’ve seen a lot of calls for Dyche in the short term, but what happens if he has a reaction and things improve in the short term? We’d have to stick with him and it would be a disaster.

We’ve spent millions transitioning the squad to be able to play possession football, it would be insanity to throw all that away and hire someone like Dyche.

Even if you believe his nonsense that he had no choice but to play like that, and even if you believe that at another club he’d play a different style, he has no experience playing any other way. We can’t risk hiring a manager that has never played anything other than a low block, rigid, direct 442 and then ask them to play differently.

I was reading a few pages of this thread in horror of how many fans want to accept Dyche and was going to post but couldn't have said it better. 

It's worrying to see and also heard this a lot last night where fans seem to forget we don't play long ball / counter attack anymore.

The other impact of Dyche would be a lot of our better players would jump ship

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

I've now actually chatted about this with a Burnley fan I know.

He said that Dyche was a victim of his own success in a way. Dyche managed to keep Burnley up time and time again with a very average squad which basically lead to Burnley's old owners not laying out any funds because they thought Dyche could just keep doing the same forever. He also said that back when Dyche had Burnley finishing in Europe and top half, that there were consistent glimpses of what he can do when he's got at least the odd technically gifted player available. It's tough to play anything else than 442 Brexit ball with the players he had at his disposal and even then he tried to make it work at times. 

Bizarre turn of phrase.  Does that mean trying not to qualify for Europe?!  lol 

• Haha 1

Sometimes I think some of our fans know more than the people running the club and then at other times I see that there are plenty of people who’d have Dyche in or genuinely want Pearson to return. Love the latter for what he did but you’d be off your rocker to have him back at the club now. It would end in tears. Better to miss him through the rose tinted specs. 

• Like 2