Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

Seems like there are a lot of desperate fans on here if we're

suggesting Dyche or Big Sam. Please no!. Lampard or Gerard? Again it's a no from me. They're no better than Rodgers. Same goes for Benitez and Martinez, and as for Graham Potter, we've got more chance of getting Harry Potter , although the way things are going ,we could do with somebody with a magic wand !  I think we'll probably have to look abroad when BR eventually goes.

Incidentally, Dyche's replacement ,Vincent Kompany is doing a decent job at Burnley. They attack with pace and purpose, press well and look well organised, although defensively a bit chaotic at times. May be one for the future if we get someone in till the end of the season.

Edited by F T Fagos
Update

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Just don't think we have the players to play Dycheball. We'd need to resign Chris Wood in the January window for starters. 

Not sure I agree. People won't like me saying this but the principles behind Dyche's Burnley teams were not dissimilar to our title-winning side. The only real difference is that we would utitlise the pace of Vardy as the main attacking outlet, whereas they would use a big man uptop. However, that wasn't the be all and end all. At Burnley he had strikers like Vydra and Ings and was vocal about wanting to sign Olly Watkins. 

I believe that we have enough players in the squad to be able to revert back to a more direct style. The issue with Dyche however is that the club clearly want a more possession-based, technical first team. If they wanted to carry on down the direct, organised, 4-4-2 route then Dyche would have been an ideal appointment post-Ranieri/Shakespeare. 

....we just need to get away from calling for Dyche!!!

We know we want a strong leader to take charge of this squad, but you do not need to have a Dyche in charge when there are other managers out there who are mentally strong with the ability to impose themselves without having to go back to caveman football.

At the best under Rodgers, we appreciated what possession of the ball with intent looked like, now it is possession for possession's sake, and we need to stick to the plan, having an organized press, with players who are brave on the ball. We have no confidence in what we are being asked to do.

• Like 1

Rafa likely due to being approached before, he'd snap up of this time. Football not pretty but can't turn down a manager that's won both the champions league and europa league surely. I know Everton didn't work out, but that was always risky appointment anyway with his Liverpool connection.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, ozvaldo said:

Out of the realistic available managers, it's probably Sean Dyche.  I don't want him here longterm, but we need someone with grit and fight right now.  We're too nice and soft, and too reliant on technical ability to 'break a team down'...which we can't do.  

Get hoofing the ball and lets get relegated

The more I read the more I'm convinced it's got to be Marco Rose's blue and white army. Likes his teams pressing high and in numbers, wants them keeping the ball but being aggressive and progressive with it, and has history for using a diamond and having his full backs provide the width.

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Rafa likely due to being approached before, he'd snap up of this time. Football not pretty but can't turn down a manager that's won both the champions league and europa league surely. I know Everton didn't work out, but that was always risky appointment anyway with his Liverpool connection.

File Rafa away with Dyche.

One of the main frustrations with Rodgers is the often negative, dull football. We don’t need more of that. We need a manager that is going to inject some life, some fun, some attacking bravery into this team. 

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

You can turn him down because he's been garbage for a good while though mate. Roberto Di Matteo won a Champions League and I wouldn't want him here either.

• Like 2

It would never happen but Ralf Ragnick. Nobody was going to get Man Utd playing with the team they had but his player scouting knowledge is the best there is and given time somewhere, backed financially and a few years to build a proper team I think he could really take a side outside of the big 6 very far.

11 minutes ago, Ricey said:

File Rafa away with Dyche.

One of the main frustrations with Rodgers is the often negative, dull football. We don’t need more of that. We need a manager that is going to inject some life, some fun, some attacking bravery into this team. 

I'm fine with negative dull football, so long as it wins.

Rodgers' problem we are negative and dull and piss goals away for fun. Not a great combo. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

It would never happen but Ralf Ragnick. Nobody was going to get Man Utd playing with the team they had but his player scouting knowledge is the best there is and given time somewhere, backed financially and a few years to build a proper team I think he could really take a side outside of the big 6 very far.

He is a dof, not a manager. Certainly a good candidate to replace rudkin

• Like 1

Dyche and Benitez being suggested, why would we want managers who were sacked because they had their teams in or around the relegation zone most of last season?

How many league wins between the two of them did they have last season?

• Like 2