Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

29 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm fine with negative dull football, so long as it wins.

Very difficult to do that if the style of play doesn’t suit the squad (with little funds to change that) and is unlikely to resonate with the fans.

Benitez is another hard to like manager with a very inflexible view on how football should be played.

We're likely after Brendan's pay off , we'll have to go for someone out of work to avoid compensation. 

As I've said before, I wouldn't mind Dyche as he'll get us organised and playing to our strengths. 

Was it 24 set piece goals conceded last season ,which is totally shit?

Dyche would sort that out for a start and is a really positive character which would hopefully get the KP going again.

We're such a soft touch atm  we're a total embarrassment and the ground holds its breath every time we gave away a corner or free kick around our box , last season.

Not ideal but I'd give him a chance unless there's a better option available. 

We're in a mess and it needs sorting quickly 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Surely Rose is the obvious choice out of all listed here, out of work, plays decent football etc etc? I can understand the calls for Dyche but I think we can do better. 

30 minutes ago, benfica said:

Hooray

Another one wants Marco Rose.

I think I've read somewhere - but can't find it, that he whats to coach in England.

24 minutes ago, Incognito said:

Marco Rose.

Gaizka Garitano.

Marcelino Toral.

No PL experience but three good managers who would jump at the chance to come here.

I don't get all this love in for Marco Rose, he was rubbish at Borussia Dormund which resulted in him getting sacked after one season.

His major criticism levelled at him was that he couldn't get his team to gel together and play as a group and the goals they scored were from individual brilliance rather than playing as a unit, and this happening every week and he didn't have a clue on how to fix this issue.

Rose talked the talked the talk about tactics styles and how he wanted the team to press but he couldn't implement those ideas on the pitch and the defense was a shambles.

Once Dortmund got the new Manager Terzic in the team vastly improved. Terzic had a plan and the tactical style was clear and the difference was that he knew how to make it work in games.

Terzic improved Bellingham's into a class player and he built a great midfield but also implemented a better defensive strategy which resulted in them shipping less goals in which Rose's was incapable of doing.

Terzic also made them play less possession based football and their game play went back to basics, not to over complicate the tactics which commentators thought vwas a major problems of Rose.

Kind of see Rose as a German version of Brendan.....sorry to say

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I don't get all this love in for Marco Rose, he was rubbish at Borussia Dormund which resulted in him getting sacked after one season.

His major criticism levelled at him was that he couldn't get his team to gel together and play as a group and the goals they scored were from individual brilliance rather than playing as a unit, and this happening every week and he didn't have a clue on how to fix this issue.

Rose talked the talked the talk about tactics styles and how he wanted the team to press but he couldn't implement those ideas on the pitch and the defense was a shambles.

Once Dortmund got the new Manager Terzic in the team vastly improved. Terzic had a plan and the tactical style was clear and the difference was that he knew how to make it work in games.

Terzic improved Bellingham's into a class player and he built a great midfield but also implemented a better defensive strategy which resulted in them shipping less goals in which Rose's was incapable of doing.

Terzic also made them play less possession based football and their game play went back to basics, not to over complicate the tactics which commentators thought vwas a major problems of Rose.

Kind of see Rose as a German version of Brendan.....sorry to say

We aren't Dortmund! The work he did with clubs like Gladbach and Salzburg should be of interest to us. And how bad exactly did he do at Dortmund? They finished 2nd behind Bayern Munich, just like Jurgen Klopp. I'd be chuffed if we replaced Rodgers with Rose to be honest, we'd at least press with purpose and play a more fast and direct style of football. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we just need to get away from calling for Dyche!!!

We know we want a strong leader to take charge of this squad, but you do not need to have a Dyche in charge when there are other managers out there who are mentally strong with the ability to impose themselves without having to go back to caveman football.

At the best under Rodgers, we appreciated what possession of the ball with intent looked like, now it is possession for possession's sake, and we need to stick to the plan, having an organized press, with players who are brave on the ball. We have no confidence in what we are being asked to do.

Like who exactly ?

Realistic ones please, not crazy dream ones who we have no chance of getting, Poch and Potter for example

And how many of them are experienced at keeping clubs up with a very limited budget as we now have it seems ?

A lot seem to be way overestimating our current level of "attractiveness" get real please

23 minutes ago, itude said:

And how many of them are experienced at keeping clubs up with a very limited budget as we now have it seems ?

A lot seem to be way overestimating our current level of "attractiveness" get real please

I think you may be underestimating the pull the Premier League has and how much more money we are able to offer in wages compared to the majority of Europe.

Everton were able to pull Ancelotti whilst they were in a relegation battle in December, he was given nothing to spend in January, and then only £60m in the following summer.

You are also forgetting how much better a position the club will potentially be in next summer in terms of wages with about £400k+ dropping off, and possibly a new manager being given more of the Fofana money to use.

Edited by moore_94

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think you may be underestimating the pull the Premier League has and how much more money we are able to offer in wages compared to the majority of Europe.

Everton were able to pull Ancelotti whilst they were in a relegation battle in December, he was given nothing to spend in January, and then only £60m in the following summer.

You are also forgetting how much better a position the club will potentially be in next summer in terms of wages with about £400k+ dropping off, and possibly a new manager being given more of the Fofana money to use.

Offer Rodgers type wages again ? somehow I doubt we will do that.Sure ,we are on the Premier League at the moment, but rock bottom, so that puts at least some doubt on our future PremIer League status.

How much better a position we will be in ? after Tielemans,Soyuncu and Perez for example leave for absolutey zero ??

I think not

8 minutes ago, itude said:

Offer Rodgers type wages again ? somehow I doubt we will do that.Sure ,we are on the Premier League at the moment, but rock bottom, so that puts at least some doubt on our future PremIer League status.

How much better a position we will be in ? after Tielemans,Soyuncu and Perez for example leave for absolutey zero ??

I think not

We wouldn’t need to offer the £10m a year that Rodgers is on, someone like Rose for example was earning £6m a year at Dortmund, which is what Hasenhuttl at Southampton is on.

I think you need to re-read what I wrote. I said how much better a position we will be in with regards wage bill, it will be reduced by a lot through a lot of expiring contracts which could gives us and a potential new manager more scope to operate with.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, itude said:

Like who exactly ?

Realistic ones please, not crazy dream ones who we have no chance of getting, Poch and Potter for example

...Arne Slot, Gasperini, Fischer, Potter, Van Bronckhorst is doing a great job with Rangers, got them to compete in Europe!!!

Before our trip to the Conference, he (Rodgers) could not get past the round of 32 with all the clubs he has managed. He is someone who does not learn, he does not believe he needs to.

• Like 2