Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

People seriously suggesting Dyche and then also comparing to Howe.

Two very different people, with very different ideas..

Not seen anyone comparing him to Howe, Howe now has £££££, we do not. We are nowhere near as attractive at the moment as some seem to dream, its 2022.we are bottom of the league, no money ,7 players out for nowt in 9-10 months. It is not 2019 or 2020 !!

5 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

With Dyche, he had to play a brand of football with the players/resources he had at his disposal. 

maybe with a better footballing side, he can adapt and still sure up the defence. He wouldn’t be able to play long hall football as we don’t have a target man striker. 

Also there’s a difference between long ball football and direct football. I think Liverpool play a direct attacking game, they get the ball forward as quick as they can but you wouldn’t class them as a long ball team. 

Amusing to criticise a certain type of football when we won the league with 35% possession . Maybe some fans are happy with our slow methodical play that result in an average 2 shots on goal a match ?

16 minutes ago, Beechey said:

It’s nonsense. During his 9 year tenure, Dyche had an average of roughly £25m to spend per window. From 2016-2021, he spent about £170m.

We’ve seen the style change they’ve managed under Kompany within a few months with a single transfer window, spending £21m.

Yes, it’s a worse league, and they’ve signed a decent number of players, but it’s not an entirely new squad. He could have attempted a less atrocious approach to his style of play, but he never did.

We’ve seen teams come up, not spend that much and try to play better football.

If he deemed that he had to play hideous football because that’s the only way he could get points, that’s on him as a coach.

So is getting and keeping Burnley in the premier league,apart from one season, after which he brought them straight back. Plus a European place.

We need to stay up !

1 minute ago, jerry said:

Amusing to criticise a certain type of football when we won the league with 35% possession . Maybe some fans are happy with our slow methodical play that result in an average 2 shots on goal a match ?

I’m not criticising him, I think he would do a good job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lanefox said:

People who are seriously suggesting Dyche have never watched Burnley play before

People who say things like that don't appear to recognise where we are heading, and what is needed to keep us up this season. Next season we can worry about what style we want to play.

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Thing with people suggesting dyche is his teams graft and have a heart, this current crop don’t have the heart to play for dyche! He wouldn’t like half the squad! 

No worries, at least 7 will be going for nowt in 10 months time.

4 minutes ago, lanefox said:

People who are seriously suggesting Dyche have never watched Burnley play before

And people making those comparisons seriously don’t understand the limitations Dyche had to work within. He did what he did because that was all he could do. 

Right now we need someone with grit, fire and passion. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

And people making those comparisons seriously don’t understand the limitations Dyche had to work within. He did what he did because that was all he could do. 

Agreed !

He or Pearson would be good.

But the Poch Potter, Slot and so on dreamers have still not woken up, they think it is still 2019/2020

Edited by itude

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

I agree totally. Apathy has set in with the Manager, Players and now the Fans. Only 5 matches in but there is only one direction we are going at the moment.

2 minutes ago, richard123 said:

Would certainly fire them up and take no Bullshit. Very much doubt Top would entertain it though.

Have to wonder what he would take then, the team needs firing up after Rodgers dousing of them for sure !

1 minute ago, itude said:

Agreed !

He or Pearson would be good.

But the Poch Potter, Slot and so on dreamers have still not woken up, they think it is still 2019/2020

We have to be realistic. I mean all these potentially excellent managers would look at us and think, hmmmm. Nope. Even Potter will know he’s better where he is. 

I have always despised Dyche with a passion, but I’m not stupid enough to fail to recognise his qualities. Those qualities are what we need now as a club and a team.  Never thought I’d say it, but Dyche is the man we need now - not dreams and fantasy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard123 said:

Would certainly fire them up and take no Bullshit. Very much doubt Top would entertain it though.

I’m not necessarily backing the idea, but what makes you say that?

Everything I’ve personally read, and heard, points to Pearson and the family having quite a warm, and respectful relationship.

1 minute ago, jerry said:

I agree totally. Apathy has set in with the Manager, Players and now the Fans. Only 5 matches in but there is only one direction we are going at the moment.

Apathy is spreading for sure,and its very sad to see. Relegation and chaos appears to be what we are looking at. Fancy foreign managers ?? too much of a risk for me, and mostly unproven in the Premier league, do we have time to let them " acclimatise"  I think not

1 minute ago, itude said:

Have to wonder what he would take then, the team needs firing up after Rodgers dousing of them for sure !

My worry is he will want a manager who has the possession football mentality. It seems since winning the league we have tried to set this as our identity.

We need to be more varied depending on the opponent. 

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

We have to be realistic. I mean all these potentially excellent managers would look at us and think, hmmmm. Nope. Even Potter will know he’s better where he is. 

I have always despised Dyche with a passion, but I’m not stupid enough to fail to recognise his qualities. Those qualities are what we need now as a club and a team.  Never thought I’d say it, but Dyche is the man we need now - not dreams and fantasy. 

Despise him or not, if he can keep us up, I would take him, or Pearson. So many on here seem to be dreaming about fancy foreign managers and imagining we are still as attractive as we were in 2019/2020 to a new manager.

Seems impossible to wake them up sadly.

4 minutes ago, richard123 said:

My worry is he will want a manager who has the possession football mentality. It seems since winning the league we have tried to set this as our identity.

We need to be more varied depending on the opponent. 

Yes, and as I think it was Graham Le Saux said a couple of days ago, we have plan a, ad it seems no plan b

Rodgers just cannot change his ways it seems, even when his ways are not working

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Where’s the ignore button?

Thankfully the schools go back next week.

Its in your head, don't like it, go shopping or something instead.