Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

Just now, buzzer_b said:

The man would turn us into Brexit FC, playing most likely more rancid, shit football than Rodgers. He would be a massive backwards step. 

Hows about you answer my question instead of just spouting a load more shihite ?

3 minutes ago, Simoken said:

it irritates me everytime his name is mentioned. #deluded idea

Far less deluded than most of the other suggestions apart from Pearson. Its totally deluded to think they would want to come here now.

Its 2022, not 2019/2020, as some seem to be still imagining

Just on Dyche, what do you then if he keeps us up and then we are asking him to take us top ten? 

The work to get us away from the relegation zone isn’t much right now. With the right calm, confidence building management, we’d be top half and last 16 of the League Cup by the World Cup break. 

The mentality that will be a long term thing and if the ship is out of choppy waters, why play yourself down having the ‘nuclear’ manager choice 

• Like 1

Just now, itude said:

Far less deluded than most of the other suggestions apart from Pearson. Its totally deluded to think they would want to come here now.

Its 2022, not 2019/2020, as some seem to be still imagining

Funny really cos Dyche was a better manager in 2019/20 than he is/was in 2022. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just on Dyche, what do you then if he keeps us up and then we are asking him to take us top ten? 

The work to get us away from the relegation zone isn’t much right now. With the right calm, confidence building management, we’d be top half and last 16 of the League Cup by the World Cup break. 

The mentality that will be a long term thing and if the ship is out of choppy waters, why play yourself down having the ‘nuclear’ manager choice 

We are skint, we are bottom of the league, we have at least 7 players going for nothing in 9-10 months time,the team is clearly not playing to their potential. Why exactly would the " non nuclear options" want to come here now ??

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

That'd be interesting..we could have Jacob Rees Mogg as director of Brexit Opportunities 😂

Why yes old chap, that would be jolly good what ?

1 hour ago, itude said:

If he is right, what exactly are we waiting for then ?

I don't get it if that is the case, has he hypnotised the board and Top or something ?

...probably waiting for game #10!!!

They might be viewed as trigger happy if they go now, as they failed to relieve him of his duties last season,  when it was more prudent to do so.

How long did Shakespeare get when he went, the board would view anything less than a 10 game run as compounding the error of keeping him here for this season. It could always be spun as a way of saying, that they gave him every chance.

Whoever it is (and Brendan hasn't gone yet), it's a tough job.  We need someone who can work with limited resources, get the best out of the players we have this season and then next summer oversee a massive rebuild of the squad, potentially with a limited budget.

The next 2 or 3 seasons are going to be tough.  Plenty of players leaving on a free and a good chance that we'll have to finance the rebuild by selling players like Maddison and Barnes.  Getting someone who can both play a brand of no nonsense football to keep us in the league whilst attracting the sort of players that the fans want to see is a hugely difficult task.  There are a few managers out there who have a reputation for playing survival football, and there are a few out there with a reputation of building a squad that can play attractive and effective football on a shoestring.  There aren't many who have a reputation for doing both.

2 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Im backing up my answer to your ridiculous suggestion lol I would rather have Pearson come back than have Dyche come here.

Whatever you wish sunshine :)

Pearson or Dyche are fine with me.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...probably waiting for game #10!!!

They might be viewed as trigger happy if they go now, as they failed to relieve him of his duties last season,  when it was more prudent to do so.

How long did Shakespeare get when he went, the board would view anything less than a 10 game run as compounding the error of keeping him here for this season. It could always be spun as a way of saying, that they gave him every chance.

Could be ? I just keep hearing, " that's it ,he's going now", "he must be gone now", and so on, yet he isnt !

12 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Not everyone lives in Leicester.

Indeed they don’t. I live in Wales. Likely many posting on FT do live in Leics. What was particularly irking you?  Talk of Dyche?  We’re in a scrap for our lives and he’s a scrapper. Think he’d see us right to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, itude said:

We are skint, we are bottom of the league, we have at least 7 players going for nothing in 9-10 months time,the team is clearly not playing to their potential. Why exactly would the " non nuclear options" want to come here now ??

Because all the non nuclear option has to do is thread a few wins together and the whole outlook changes. 

A lot of managers will look at our squad and think that with a bit of motivation, I could turn that around regardless of budget. 

A lot of managers also think long term whereby they can do a fix for 18 months and possibly jump into a better job. 

We have 7 players going; whom some are squad filler - so that won’t worry them. It didn’t really startle a club like Palace and a novice to the Premier League in Vieira. They just sensibly went about looking at players with contracts from rival clubs running down in the last twelve months and got in a couple of loans. 

I give you a good example of how to do it; Leeds didn’t go employ Big Sam or similar when they were in a spot of bother last season. Instead they went a bit risky, kept themselves up and now are looking up this season rather than down. In the process despite tight finances, they then relaunched their player squad by selling a prized asset 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Whoever it is (and Brendan hasn't gone yet), it's a tough job.  We need someone who can work with limited resources, get the best out of the players we have this season and then next summer oversee a massive rebuild of the squad, potentially with a limited budget.

The next 2 or 3 seasons are going to be tough.  Plenty of players leaving on a free and a good chance that we'll have to finance the rebuild by selling players like Maddison and Barnes.  Getting someone who can both play a brand of no nonsense football to keep us in the league whilst attracting the sort of players that the fans want to see is a hugely difficult task.  There are a few managers out there who have a reputation for playing survival football, and there are a few out there with a reputation of building a squad that can play attractive and effective football on a shoestring.  There aren't many who have a reputation for doing both.

Intelligent post, good point !

13 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

If Dyche came in (which i personally would be underwhelmed with) i'm sure he would sort our deffensive issues out, but no one knows what he can do with a better set of players than he had at Burnley.

There is no evidence at at so it would be a huge risk, especially long term. 

More so than some foreign manager with no Premier league experience, or experience of relegation dogfights ?

I think not

Edited by itude

Pearson has to be the most laughable suggestion and clearly implies most are stuck in the past with this club. Im prob a minority but his management period in the PL for us was the most unstable and uncertain time, the mans way out of his death in this league, and his attitude stinks and yet people hate on BR's attitude more lol...

• Like 1

Just now, itude said:

More so then some foreign manager with no Premier league experience, or experience of relegation dogfights ?

Yes i know and i do get what your saying but with Dyche you really do know what you are going to get and i find that prospect underwhelming really. 

There are some foreign managers out that that do have the experience of getting players motivated and winning stuff and i'd like to think we would be after one of them. Poch for example (ok not so much the winning stuff) but he does have the experience of the league. Whether we can get him or one of these types of managers i guess is ofc another subject. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Because all the non nuclear option has to do is thread a few wins together and the whole outlook changes. 

A lot of managers will look at our squad and think that with a bit of motivation, I could turn that around regardless of budget. 

A lot of managers also think long term whereby they can do a fix for 18 months and possibly jump into a better job. 

We have 7 players going; whom some are squad filler - so that won’t worry them. It didn’t really startle a club like Palace and a novice to the Premier League in Vieira. They just sensibly went about looking at players with contracts from rival clubs running down in the last twelve months and got in a couple of loans. 

I give you a good example of how to do it; Leeds didn’t go employ Big Sam or similar when they were in a spot of bother last season. Instead they went a bit risky, kept themselves up and now are looking up this season rather than down. In the process despite tight finances, they then relaunched their player squad by selling a prized asset 

You need good thread to be able to do that, at he moment we look threadbare.

A lot of "thinking" you seem to describe them as needing , hows about some actual experience of dealing with where we currently are as opposed to just "thinking they can sort it out" . Sadly we cannot get anyone in apart from out of contracters till the next window, and even then, can we afford any ? doesn't seem so. Your formula seems to be one which a lot of " hopeful thinking non entities" would jump on for sure

I mujch prefer to go with prior proven experience !