Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

3 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Pearson has to be the most laughable suggestion and clearly implies most are stuck in the past with this club. Im prob a minority but his management period in the PL for us was the most unstable and uncertain time, the mans way out of his death in this league, and his attitude stinks and yet people hate on BR's attitude more lol...

No there are plenty more ,such as Poch and Potter for example,at the moment they would be barmy to come here, and they are not. Only those who dream about them coming here are.

5 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Yes i know and i do get what your saying but with Dyche you really do know what you are going to get and i find that prospect underwhelming really. 

There are some foreign managers out that that do have the experience of getting players motivated and winning stuff and i'd like to think we would be after one of them. Poch for example (ok not so much the winning stuff) but he does have the experience of the league. Whether we can get him or one of these types of managers i guess is ofc another subject. 

Poch ? not a difficult subject, the answer is simple...no !

46 minutes ago, jerry said:

Amusing to criticise a certain type of football when we won the league with 35% possession . Maybe some fans are happy with our slow methodical play that result in an average 2 shots on goal a match ?

.. no one is saying that,  just that Dyche as an option should not be considered!!!

There are nanagers outthere who would view this as a great opportunity,  managers from the continent looking to break into the Premier league. 

There is a lack of ambition and pessimism calling for Dyche, Allardyce and other previous managers who no longer fits the profile of who we wish to bring in.

All this reeks of desperation.

7 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Pearson has to be the most laughable suggestion and clearly implies most are stuck in the past with this club. Im prob a minority but his management period in the PL for us was the most unstable and uncertain time, the mans way out of his death in this league, and his attitude stinks and yet people hate on BR's attitude more lol...

Pearson’s attitude stinks? That’s a new one. He doesn’t blame everyone else with total disregard for his team like Brendan does. 

1 minute ago, mod hero said:

@itudechill out for a bit, go to the cafe and get a bacon sambo or summat 😂

I'm having fun, why would I do that ? I can just go into my kitchen and have both then :)

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. no one is saying that,  just that Dyche as an option should not be considered!!!

There are nanagers outthere who would view this as a great opportunity,  managers from the continent looking to break into the Premier league. 

There is a lack of ambition and pessimism calling for Dyche, Allardyce and other previous managers who no longer fits the profile of who we wish to bring in.

All this reeks of desperation.

Are we not at least getting close to "desperation"then ?

That said, I hardly think Dyches experience of low budgets, relegation fights and so on equates to desperation.

Bringing in some unknown foreign manager much more so

It looked like there was a very good chance Leeds were going to go down last season

They went out and got an interesting and previously successful foreign manager in Jesse Marsch

He turned it around and kept them up, and now looks like be doing a good job with them going forward

Why is it unrealistic to think that we don't necessarily need someone with experience of battling relegation or of managing in the Prem?

Plenty of foreign managers who are available for free right now who I think we could definitely bring in that would be able to get us moving up the table.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, itude said:

Previously successful ones who are currently available and would want to come here now ?

Care to name some ?

I have no doubt we would still be able to attract the likes of Marco Rose, Jorge Sampaoli, Andre Villas-Boas, or Marcelino if we really wanted to.

We could offer any of them HALF of what Rodgers is on now and that would still be the same as if not more than what all of them were on in their previous jobs at big clubs in France, Germany, and Spain.

Edited by moore_94

Just now, itude said:

Previously successful ones who are currently available and would want to come here now ?

Care to name some ?

We don't know which manager would come here until they are approached so would be impossible to answer. 

Define successful, Dyche was successful in the Championship, but apart from 1 season in the EPL where Burnley finished 7th? What else has he achieved in his career?

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I have no doubt we would still be able to attract the likes of Marco Rose, Jorge Sampaoli, Andre Villas-Boas, or Marcelino if we really wanted to.

We could offer any of them HALF of what Rodgers is on now and that would still be the same as if not more than what all of them were on in their previous jobs at big clubs in France, Germany, and Spain.

Hmm, not sure he would like our current transfer situation much, would he ?

Why did Jorge Sampaoli leave?

Marseille boss Jorge Sampaoli has sensationally quit the club amid frustrations with the club's transfer policy and inability to land Arsenal defender William Saliba. Saliba starred on loan at Marseille last campaign and has been sent out on temporary exits in successive seasons by Gunners boss Mikel Arteta.Jul 1, 2022

2 minutes ago, itude said:

Hmm, not sure he would like our current transfer situation much, would he ?

Why did Jorge Sampaoli leave?

Marseille boss Jorge Sampaoli has sensationally quit the club amid frustrations with the club's transfer policy and inability to land Arsenal defender William Saliba. Saliba starred on loan at Marseille last campaign and has been sent out on temporary exits in successive seasons by Gunners boss Mikel Arteta.Jul 1, 2022

Different expectations. He was targetted with trying to get Marseille back into the Champions League, and he did that.

He was then annoyed because he was not being given the means to build a Champions League team.

I highly doubt we would be expecting him to get Champions League.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itude said:

Oh well, all we have to do is ask Misters Potter and Pochettino very nicely and I am sure they will both jump at the chance.

Gawd the unrealism of some on here is just staggering

So the only options in the entire world of football are Dyche, Potter and Pochettino?

I never even mentioned Potter and Pochettino.

• Like 1

Marcelino, 50% chance, next June

There has been a strange atmosphere of uncertainty around Athletic Club in recent months. With limited transfer activity to deal with, it’s generally a settled club. Yet with Marcelino Garcia Toral’s contract up at the end of the season and elections on the horizon, things are up in the air at Lezama.

Speaking ahead of their final home game of the season, Marcelino was direct and honest with the media about that uncertainty.

“There’s a 50% chance, as far as I’m concerned, that I won’t be here next season. I end my contract on the 30th of June and it’s the last home game of the season. I am very happy to be manager of Athletic. If it is the last, I will remember all that I was able to experience and if it isn’t the last, I will have the fortune of experiencing more matches with this extraordinary support. I remember the heartache of having to play for four months in an empty San Mames, but then I was able to enjoy magical and unforgettable nights.”

7 minutes ago, Ricey said:

So the only options in the entire world of football are Dyche, Potter and Pochettino?

I never even mentioned Potter and Pochettino.

Realistically, Dyche, Pearson and thought it pains me to say it ,Allardice.

You see we are skint, bottom of the table, defence is a mess, some players need their arses kicking and we lose maybe 7 in 9-10 months time for nothing.

We have to be realistic about where we are at now, how unattractive to many managers we currently are, and what we need, to avoid relegation.

Some ( not you) keep mentioning people they seemto have unearthed in their dreams, such as Poch and Potter.

Those two ain't coming here for sure.

Edited by itude