Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure we have the pulling power.

I think someone like AVB is more attainable.

I think we do, like Marsch having a bit of a blip in Germany, he will be keen to get to the PL and earn decent money and try and prove himself. 

AVB genuinely doesn't care that much about football, if he did then he'd be an interesting choice and ticks the box the owners seem to always want of previous PL experience.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we do, like Marsch having a bit of a blip in Germany, he will be keen to get to the PL and earn decent money and try and prove himself. 

AVB genuinely doesn't care that much about football, if he did then he'd be an interesting choice and ticks the box the owners seem to always want of previous PL experience.

Maybe, when it happens, because it always does.

It going to be interesting to see which way they go.

31 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure we have the pulling power.

I think someone like AVB is more attainable.

This is what worries me. I think we overrate how attractive we are as a club. Yes, the PL is a draw in itself and we have some great facilities. But we are not a historically big club, Leicester is not a beautiful cultural city and now we are apparently skint. Also, managers like Rose would probably even prefer to manage in a lesser league where they have guaranteed trophies and European football every season (eg going to Holland to manage Ajax) than come to manage us, when the Big 6 dominate the European places most seasons, meaning the best you can hope for is 7th (possibly 8th when Newcastle are up to speed). 

Know this all sounds negative (reflecting how i feel about City at the moment) but we've already had players that aren't even that great rejecting us in this transfer window to play instead in inferior leagues. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

If we get beat tomoz which I think we will and he doesn’t get the sack we should close this thread! A new manager completely transforms this team and we will rise up the table imo. Sampaoli, AVB or Rose for me. As @moore_94has mentioned about Fischer, I’d really like Him but he’s got something nice at Union but money does talk I suppose.

• Like 1

We are not able to spend any money at the moment.

Whoever we get will need to get points with the players we have. I think we can do it as we still have Vardy, Maddison, Iheanacho, KDH, Barnes, Ndidhi, Tielemans,

The players need to be motivated and Brendon has not been able to do this. We have to win today and I think we can if the players play for the badge and not for the Manager.

Urs Fischer is a good shout, done well Basel in Switzerland and now Union Berlin in Germany.

Got promoted with them, then 7th and now in the top 4 with a draw against Bayern Munich.

Out of contract at the end of this season so compensation wouldn't be a huge issue, also plays 3-4-1-2 which would get the best out of our current squad.

• Like 1

If the board decides not to continue with Rodgers anymore, then I would love to see Sean Dyche come in at least on a temporary basis given the current predicament we are in and especially given Sean Dyche's expertise/track record in relegation battles he's had during his time at Burnley.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AaronH said:

Potter saying we have a lot of top players, maybe we could sway him?!

Not a chance. Sideways move now, Brighton are a club on the up. He will stay unless he gets a seriously good offer. We're not going to have a budget for a new manager for 2 or 3 years, until we shift some of the higher earners. Clubs like Everton, West Ham, Liverpool, Chelsea and Villa all have more money and a fair chance of needing a manager in the next 12-18 months.

as unpopular as it is, we do need someone like dyche to galvanize the squad and repair the fractions. 

I think he’d come in and get us going in no time. I think any of the more exciting names would take a while to get their ideas across.. which could leave us in a very precarious situation. 

• Like 3

Just now, Lambert09 said:

as unpopular as it is, we do need someone like dyche to galvanize the squad and repair the fractions. 

I think he’d come in and get us going in no time. I think any of the more exciting names would take a while to get their ideas across.. which could leave us in a very precarious situation. 

If there was a similar personality to Dyche who has an even better track record then I’d be 100% in for him. I feel Dyche would do well but does he have the respect from the top players?

Anyone coming here has got a shambles to seal with, huge number of players out of contract in the summer, players not wanting to be here. We will 100% need to sell an asset in the summer, and with us once having loads, they are now looking thin on the ground. With only Barnes and Maddison being remotely of interest to anyone for a big bid.

Thats before we even talk about the footballing shambles they are also walking into. 

Dear oh dear… giving Rodgers too much sway with his own fitness people and own recruitment team has well and truly shafted us. 

• Like 4

Just now, Lionator said:

If there was a similar personality to Dyche who has an even better track record then I’d be 100% in for him. I feel Dyche would do well but does he have the respect from the top players?

We are thin on the ground for top players. We need siege mentality, some fight and to learn to defend and quickly. 

• Like 1