Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

He is going to swap that, for this then ?

Everton
Everton 6 4
LLDDDD

Aston Villa
Aston Villa 6 4
LWLLLD

West Ham
West Ham 6 4
LLLWDL

Nottm Forest
Nottm Forest 6 4
LWDLLL

Leicester
Leicester 6 1
DLLLLL

Somehow I think not, nice dream, but it ain't happening

10 minutes ago, Bilo said:

https://themastermindsite.com/2022/01/23/urs-fischer-union-berlin-tactical-analysis/

This is quite an interesting read, and he's apparently on £1.3m a year at Union.

We could treble his wages, meaning he'd be on less than half Rodgers' salary, and he'd probably still be at Brandenburg Airport waiting for a flight to EMA quicker than you could blink. 

Potter is on £1.75m, same problem though - why would either of these managers come to a basket case club in the midst of a financial crisis? 

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Unlikely to sustain that, and a club the size of Union with their tiny budget can only go so far. 

Oh you mean like our miniscule budget then ?

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

1) Nigel Pearson

2) Mauricio Pochettino

3) Sean Dyche

4) Kieran mcKenna

5) Unai Emery

Poch will be looking at a top 4 club.

We won't be buying out Emery's contract.

Pearson and McKenna are below where we want to be.

Dyche has been linked with Championship clubs. He failed to get the Stoke job.

7 minutes ago, itude said:

A quick look at the current Premier league table might make him and others think again

They lost their top scorer to Notts Forest in the summer despite securing Europa League football.

More money, better squad and the opportunity to rebuild in his image next summer? Not as hard to see him being tempted.

As a club we need to be honest with ourselves. We’re in trouble financially with no motivation or direction on the pitch. The worst that happens is relegation.

The honest situation is we have players who are capable but lack direction and motivation. The next thing I’m going to say will be laughed out of hand but hear me out. Sam Allardyce. Not till the end of the season either, till the end of us being out of financial ruin and in a position to move on.

He’ll get the players and club motivated again. Sort out the shoddy defence. Do enough to get us out of this mess. And for me he needs to do it for as long as it takes, the other option is another 10+ years in the wilderness. It’s that serious right now 

• Like 1

Just now, itude said:

Oh you mean like our miniscule budget then ?

Depends how you see it. Another year of King Power building revenues, freeing up £6m, more than 48 hours to invest the Fofana money and a chance to invest proceeds from player sales next summer would likely give him far more to play with than at Union.

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

They lost their top scorer to Notts Forest in the summer despite securing Europa League football.

More money, better squad and the opportunity to rebuild in his image next summer? Not as hard to see him being tempted.

More money ? You think that will be his main consideration ?

He is building something where he is, how far he can get..who knows, but we don,t even have decent foundations at the moment do we ?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but I dont think its realistic however much we offer him, and it  will not be anything near the current plonkers salary ,will it ?

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Potter is on £1.75m, same problem though - why would either of these managers come to a basket case club in the midst of a financial crisis? 

If Brighton thought Potter was interested, they'd have the capacity to double his wages and promise him transfer funds in windows to come. Not so sure about a tightly run Bundesliga club where the only clubs with funds to match PL clubs are FCB and BVB.

3 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

As a club we need to be honest with ourselves. We’re in trouble financially with no motivation or direction on the pitch. The worst that happens is relegation.

The honest situation is we have players who are capable but lack direction and motivation. The next thing I’m going to say will be laughed out of hand but hear me out. Sam Allardyce. Not till the end of the season either, till the end of us being out of financial ruin and in a position to move on.

He’ll get the players and club motivated again. Sort out the shoddy defence. Do enough to get us out of this mess. And for me he needs to do it for as long as it takes, the other option is another 10+ years in the wilderness. It’s that serious right now 

We do need to be realistic yes, one can dream the season away thinking of Poch, Potter, Fischer and so on.

Unfortunately we are going to have to take a step back and learn from the mistakes of hiring a guy like this yes he did well for a couple of years and then it tails off with Rodgers it wasn’t a surprise we have to learn be realistic with our next manager we need an unfashionable manager to get us back on a even keel now I didn’t think I would ever say this but allerdyce or Pearson for me maybe dyche but I don’t think Pearson would leave Bristol as he is doing a fine job so my first choice and can’t believe I would ever say big Sam welcome to Leicester 

Just now, itude said:

More money ? You think that will be his main consideration ?

He is building something where he is, how far he can get..who knows, but we don,t even have decent foundations at the moment do we ?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but I dont think its realistic however much we offer him, and it  will not be anything near the current plonkers salary ,will it ?

It depends how it's marketed and how he sees things. It's extremely likely that 5th place in the Bundesliga is as good as it's ever going to get for Union Berlin given they're competing with Bayern, Dortmund, Leipzig, Gladbach and Frankfurt just off the bat.

Just now, Bilo said:

It depends how it's marketed and how he sees things. It's extremely likely that 5th place in the Bundesliga is as good as it's ever going to get for Union Berlin given they're competing with Bayern, Dortmund, Leipzig, Gladbach and Frankfurt just off the bat.

I think he will see that a Union in the hand is worth more than two at the King power, but we will see.

Does he even want to move at the moment ?

6 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Allardyce wouldn't work here in my opinion.

Usually his teams have a big target man or someone who can hold the ball up along with being physical. We lack any physicality. 

As others have mentioned, Urs Fischer is the one, copied this over from reddit

Was successful in Switzerland with Zurich, Thun and finally 2 league titles with Basel

Took over Union Berlin in division 2, promoted losing only 5 games that season

3 full seasons in the Bundesliga and has finished 11th, 7th and 5th improving each season.

Currently 4th, unbeaten after 6 games, have already beaten Leipzig this season and drawn with Bayern.

Only spent £43 million over the 4 seasons and has a net profit of about +£9 million in that time.

His teams can actually defend, conceded 33 in 34 in division 2, the lowest by 9 goals. 58 in 34 in first season in the Bundesliga, not great but that was firmly mid table for goals conceded. Cut that to 43 in 34 in the 2nd season, which was the 4th best in the league and better than both Dortmund and Bayern. Last season 44 in 34, 3rd best in the league and better than Dortmund again.

Has regularly lost key players and not broken stride despite it, lost 2 regular starters after promotion. Starting keeper and top scorer of the past 2 seasons in the 2nd season. Top scorer and 2 other regular starters in the 3rd season. Top 2 scorers last season.

He regularly uses a 3412 which we have the players to pull off and his contract expires in the summer so the compensation won't be much. Union Berlin also have one of the lowest wage bills in the Bundesliga so I can't imagine he is on much, especially compared to the money we are paying out currently.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, itude said:

I think he will see that a Union in the hand is worth more than two at the King power, but we will see.

If he was that committed to the club and them to him I find it quite strange that he is into his final year with seemingly no news about a new deal, especially with what he has achieved so far which is more than deserving of a new deal there

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, itude said:

I doubt Rodgers wanted to move from Celtic, where he was on the verge of the Treble Treble, until he was offered £10m a year at midtable and floundering Leicester City. 

There are multiple other examples. An approach would do absolutely no harm at all, and I don't think he'd laugh it off quite so quickly. From an outsider's perspective, we still have the bulk of the team who've finished 5th, 5th and 8th in the richest league in the world in successive seasons.

1 minute ago, studentofthegame said:

Was successful in Switzerland with Zurich, Thun and finally 2 league titles with Basel

3 full seasons in the Bundesliga and has finished 11th, 7th and 5th improving each season.

Currently 4th, unbeaten after 6 games, have already beaten Leipzig this season and drawn with Bayern.

Only spent £43 million over the 4 seasons and has a net profit of about +£9 million in that time.

His teams can actually defend, conceded 33 in 34 in division 2, the lowest by 9 goals. 58 in 34 in first season in the Bundesliga, not great but that was firmly mid table for goals conceded. Cut that to 43 in 34 in the 2nd season, which was the 4th best in the league and better than both Dortmund and Bayern. Last season 44 in 34, 3rd best in the league and better than Dortmund again.

Has regularly lost key players and not broken stride despite it, lost 2 regular starters after promotion. Starting keeper and top scorer of the past 2 seasons in the 2nd season. Top scorer and 2 other regular starters in the 3rd season. Top 2 scorers last season.

He regularly uses a 3412 which we have the players to pull off and his contract expires in the summer so the compensation won't be much. Union Berlin also have one of the lowest wage bills in the Bundesliga so I can't imagine he is on much, especially compared to the money we are paying out currently.

Yes, sounds very good, here's the problem,are we the ones for him ?

2 hours ago, TK95 said:

Anyone thinking Potter will leave them for us needs to give their heads a wobble

...he is at a club with an owner who has shown considerable backing to him and his staff!!!

If I recall was there a poll regarding the most satisfied and best owner and their owner came out top (no pun intended)? He, (Potter) will be happy there, can't see him rushing to go anywhere any time soon.

3 minutes ago, studentofthegame said:

Quick question; Who would you think could play in our back three?

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

If he was that committed to the club and them to him I find it quite strange that he is into his final year with seemingly no news about a new deal, especially with what he has achieved so far which is more than deserving of a new deal there

Hmm, so the way we are going at the moment, by the time his contract is up, we will be you know where.

How attractive will that be ?