Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

The talks of Poch, potter etc is a pipedream

We have got to be totally honest and I've come to the conclusion that a Dyche or even big Sam would be enough to get us out of this sh*t storm we are in at the minute, shore up the farcical goals we are conceding and make us solid again 

5 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I doubt Rodgers wanted to move from Celtic, where he was on the verge of the Treble Treble, until he was offered £10m a year at midtable and floundering Leicester City. 

There are multiple other examples. An approach would do absolutely no harm at all, and I don't think he'd laugh it off quite so quickly. From an outsider's perspective, we still have the bulk of the team who've finished 5th, 5th and 8th in the richest league in the world in successive seasons.

I have no problem at all with an approach, I don't think he would be interested, but well worth a try for sure :)

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We don’t have to wait for his contract to run out to go for him?

No but then we will have to pay Union compensation, and I bet my balls a new contract for him there would suddenly appear, but no problem trying for sure

31 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Almost anyone, until the end of the season. Like a Dick Advocaat situation at Sunderland where he steadied the ship. Then we can figure out where we go. 

...ignoring the reports of the £120m debt which is about to land at our door (I do not believe it is true) with Fischer's contract set to end next summer, we might look to bring him in earlier than we would like!!!

Obviously, there would be a cost to this, but perhaps worth exploring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, itude said:

I have no problem at all with an approach, I don't think he would be interested, but well worth a try for sure :)

I think we have to look at what he might be thinking at Union. He's highly unlikely to top fifth, lost his top scorer to a newly promoted English side, the PL is always an attractive prospect unless you're at one of the genuine European giants and there'll be a clearout of the deadwood this time next year. 

An approach would at least show we had some ambition left and indicate an understanding of what's required. 

23 minutes ago, Tails said:

Poch will be looking at a top 4 club.

We won't be buying out Emery's contract.

Pearson and McKenna are below where we want to be.

Dyche has been linked with Championship clubs. He failed to get the Stoke job.

Sure OK but we have to take on somebody and a busted flush with PL experience like Hodgson or Allaryce is not the answer. 

Maybe we could go after Marco silva, any chance of luring him from Fulham?? 

21 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

As a club we need to be honest with ourselves. We’re in trouble financially with no motivation or direction on the pitch. The worst that happens is relegation.

The honest situation is we have players who are capable but lack direction and motivation. The next thing I’m going to say will be laughed out of hand but hear me out. Sam Allardyce. Not till the end of the season either, till the end of us being out of financial ruin and in a position to move on.

He’ll get the players and club motivated again. Sort out the shoddy defence. Do enough to get us out of this mess. And for me he needs to do it for as long as it takes, the other option is another 10+ years in the wilderness. It’s that serious right now 

Not Allardyce, if you want a manager in on a short term appointment without a budget whos tactically astute and respected, you can’t get better than Rafa, I doubt he’d want a long contract either

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

I think we have to look at what he might be thinking at Union. He's highly unlikely to top fifth, lost his top scorer to a newly promoted English side, the PL is always an attractive prospect unless you're at one of the genuine European giants and there'll be a clearout of the deadwood this time next year. 

An approach would at least show we had some ambition left and indicate an understanding of what's required. 

Ok, what's his phone number :)

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Not Allardyce, if you want a manager in on a short term appointment without a budget whos tactically astute and respected, you can’t get better than Rafa, I doubt he’d want a long contract either

I'm swaying towards Rafa. A defensive coach is what we desperately need right now. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, itude said:

Yes, sounds very good, here's the problem,are we the ones for him ?

don't know if you don't try, Union Berlin are clearly in a better spot in terms of challenging for European spaces and a European campaign. Money talks though and we could give him a huge pay rise without it even coming close to what we are spending on the cowboy currently 

5 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Yes Dyche. Good fit might not have the best tactical nouse but at least he would get us organized and hard to beat. We had a defence and midfield today that resembled a wet paper bag.

Dyche argues that his management and play style of Burnley was because he was managing Burnley, but are we going to be any different to Burnley for the next few seasons?