Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

2 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

People want Dyche but turn there noses up at Pearson, I know who I’d sooner have 

Can think of no worse ignominy for the guy that being forced to fight against relegation with us after all he has done, would rather leave him as a successful figure crucial to our rise

• Like 2

Just now, BroughtonFox said:

People want Dyche but turn there noses up at Pearson, I know who I’d sooner have 

I would have Pearson in a heartbeat but the reality is he's building something at Bristol City and honestly can't see why he'd want to abandon that.

From those actually available, Dyche seems the most credible option out there who'll no doubt sort our back 4 out and get us out this rut at the very least. Time will tell if it's a long term option but surely survival is the aim here. Plus he doesn't live far!

• Like 1

I’m astounded by the amount of people that want Dyche.

”He’ll sort us out”. In the very short term, probably, but I think a lot of managers would.  We are a one win away from being out of the relegation zone and have 32 matches to play. We don’t need to throw out everything that we have been building over the last few years and hire a pure disciplinarian, just for the sakes of staying up.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Anyone coming here has got a shambles to seal with, huge number of players out of contract in the summer, players not wanting to be here. We will 100% need to sell an asset in the summer, and with us once having loads, they are now looking thin on the ground. With only Barnes and Maddison being remotely of interest to anyone for a big bid.

Thats before we even talk about the footballing shambles they are also walking into. 

Dear oh dear… giving Rodgers too much sway with his own fitness people and own recruitment team has well and truly shafted us. 

On the flip side, a new voice might make players think again about moving on plus he would have the chance to overhaul the squad with players out of contract,

I think Rodgers underplaying us then making a complete bollocks of this season hasn't helped the perception but there is still a lot to work with. I think the commitment is still there in general but is being eroded by some dreadful management.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I’m astounded by the amount of people that want Dyche.

”He’ll sort us out”. In the very short term, probably, but I think a lot of managers would.  We are a one win away from being out of the relegation zone and have 32 matches to play. We don’t need to throw out everything that we have been building over the last few years and hire a pure disciplinarian, just for the sakes of staying up.

Totally. 

Rodgers already had his mitts on destroying a club structure to get his mates in. Dyche would just blatantly ignore it. 

You want a manager who can use Seagrave to its maximum because it’s going to be important over the next 18 months 

• Like 1

Not hearing any names that i'm overly convinced by...Rafa's win % at his last few clubs has been doggo, Potch no chance, Rose looks like a decent bet but he's exactly that a gamble in a Remi Garde type of way.

Never heard of Fischer but worried it would take too long to implement his style of football at the club and is a relative unknown.

I like Sampaoli but think he'd jump ship at the first sign of a better offer and doubtful he speaks english.

And Dyche is the obvious choice out of the available managers given his PL background...but I don't want him near our club.

Whoever comes in will be someone currently without a club and there's not many exciting prospects.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Superjack said:

You are four places above us.

Edit: Actually five now 'cos Reading won.

That means nothing I don't mean to belittle you or the division but Premier league money is just crazy compared to the championship. I will never buy the argument we can't afford to sack Rodgers or can't afford to poach manager x y or z because if we get relegated the cost will be incomparably higher. 

Pearson is like an ex girlfriend, some of us have fond memories of what it was like when we were in love, but the bad times get misted over. Never go back, remember the good times and move on.

I think we’ve been unloved for a while and long for a manager that invests their all in us, I think that is important 

• Like 1