Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

That means nothing I don't mean to belittle you or the division but Premier league money is just crazy compared to the championship. I will never buy the argument we can't afford to sack Rodgers or can't afford to poach manager x y or z because if we get relegated the cost will be incomparably higher. 

Sorry, that’s a nonsense argument, if you haven’t got money, you haven’t got money regardless of what happens at the end of the season, no?  

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Pearson is like an ex girlfriend, some of us have fond memories of what it was like when we were in love, but the bad times get misted over. Never go back, remember the good times and move on.

I think we’ve been unloved for a while and long for a manager that invests their all in us, I think that is important 

If you had that attitude before his second spell with us we'd never have won the Premier league. Going back to what you know works. He isn't an ex girlfriend he's a football manager. I'd personally like nige back but I'm not overly bothered as long as we get brendan out and someone with a spine to sort this shambles out. 

• Like 1

Wouldnt want Dyche or Pearson long term, but would want someone similar and less dinosaury that can just instill some pride and fight again. Someone who can basically un-do all the toxicity Rodgers has created at the club. It's pathetic how he's got these players playing, they're actually getting worse each week.

• Like 1

Dyche at Burnley had to play a certain way with the players skill set available to him and it worked for a long time. With slightly more talent here (offensively) who was to say it would be hoof ball all the time.

It is defensively where I think he could toughen us up. I think maybe a deeper line and doing the heading and kicking basics better is what we need right now. Ward is so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet so don't keep playing around our fckukin box!!

As regards to Pearson, people seem to think he is our 999 go to. We have sacked him twice and once unofficially! Why would he want to work here again. Leave him in our past. Always nice to see him and always respected.

Bottom line for me is get Dyche in this week, give him the internationals to work with the squad and move on from there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, that’s a nonsense argument, if you haven’t got money, you haven’t got money regardless of what happens at the end of the season, no?  

If we get relegated we'll have a lot less money. That's common sense. It's better to get in debt now and pay it off later than spiral downwards and lose 85% of our income as an institution. Being 20th in the Premier league is much more fruitful than being first in the championship at this stage in the season. Come on.

2 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

That means nothing I don't mean to belittle you or the division but Premier league money is just crazy compared to the championship. I will never buy the argument we can't afford to sack Rodgers or can't afford to poach manager x y or z because if we get relegated the cost will be incomparably higher. 

I don't necessarily think that you couldn't afford it. 

But it's irrelevant unless the person in question is interested.

I hope and believe that our manager is happy where he is.

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

I don't necessarily think that you couldn't afford it. 

But it's irrelevant unless the person in question is interested.

I hope and believe that our manager is happy where he is.

I'm sure he is, I would love him to succeed where he is I just feel desperate as a Leicester fan and know he could keep us up. As said above I'd be happy with any hard nosed git who could keep us up I'd just like nige more as he's like an institution at this club and I love him

2 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I'm sure he is, I would love him to succeed where he is I just feel desperate as a Leicester fan and know he could keep us up. As said above I'd be happy with any hard nosed git who could keep us up I'd just like nige more as he's like an institution at this club and I love him

No problem with that SGLF.

Same reason we don't want him going anywhere. 👍

3 minutes ago, Bostonfox73 said:

Dyche was born and bred in Kettering, had a house in Northampton for years and has now moved permanently to Nottingham. If he can keep that Burnley squad in the prem year after year then he can obviously do better than that  with this squad, no brainer!

Also got them into Europe.  He did well at Burnley. Just took them as far as he could. 

8 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If you had that attitude before his second spell with us we'd never have won the Premier league. Going back to what you know works. He isn't an ex girlfriend he's a football manager. I'd personally like nige back but I'm not overly bothered as long as we get brendan out and someone with a spine to sort this shambles out. 

Pearson worked alongside Walsh, some of our recruitment was spot on, I’m not sure who that was down to, what I do remember was 14/15 and some of Pearsons desperate, crazy tactics. He struggled, he left Albrighton out of the side for a period when we were crying out for his play, and remember going down to the games and you could hear everyone saying “why won’t he play Albrighton?”. When he did we started getting results. I loved his passion though and what he’s done for us but it’s a no from me.

Just now, Superjack said:

No problem with that SGLF.

Same reason we don't want him going anywhere. 👍

I absolutely loved his interview a few weeks ago calling out the ref, saying he might as well pack it all in. He's a man who will back and protect his players and his club under any circumstances. The exact opposite of this idiot we've got in charge now. Like I say it doesn't have to be Nige we just need someone in his mold who can come be the cat to be put amongst the pigeons. 

I would love us to sign a up and coming manager whose done wonders at a European club, afew have been mentioned......but if we can't get one, I actually wouldn't mind Dyche...he seems a genuine bloke and he spent to long a Burnley but still think he's got what it takes to still be a top EPL manager 

Also think he knows alot more about football and more protective towards his players then Brendan 

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Pearson worked alongside Walsh, some of our recruitment was spot on, I’m not sure who that was down to, what I do remember was 14/15 and some of Pearsons desperate, crazy tactics. He struggled, he left Albrighton out of the side for a period when we were crying out for his play, and remember going down to the games and you could hear everyone saying “why won’t he play Albrighton?”. When he did we started getting results. I loved his passion though and what he’s done for us but it’s a no from me.

That's fair enough he's obviously not perfect he made loads of mistakes here, tactically and with selections but we don't need someone perfect. We need a galviniser and that's what he is. If not him and that ship has sailed then fine but he need someone LIKE him, come in, sort out thw defence, instill some pride and give it a go. 

14 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If we get relegated we'll have a lot less money. That's common sense. It's better to get in debt now and pay it off later than spiral downwards and lose 85% of our income as an institution. Being 20th in the Premier league is much more fruitful than being first in the championship at this stage in the season. Come on.

Guess it depends how much debt they are willing to saddle themselves with, but we certainly agree with one thing; the next manager need to have some steel about them