Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I absolutely loved his interview a few weeks ago calling out the ref, saying he might as well pack it all in. He's a man who will back and protect his players and his club under any circumstances. The exact opposite of this idiot we've got in charge now. Like I say it doesn't have to be Nige we just need someone in his mold who can come be the cat to be put amongst the pigeons. 

For what my opinion is worth (which not being a Leicester supporter is probably **** all), I actually think that 80% of the solution for you guys is just getting rid of Rodgers. He clearly has been goading the club into sacking him since Scott Parker got sacked for identical comments.

It's early in the season and I think any half decent manager can get your group of players up the table. It's blatantly obvious that there are at least three worse squads in the division. Just making a change will keep you up at the very least.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Dyche at Burnley had to play a certain way with the players skill set available to him and it worked for a long time. With slightly more talent here (offensively) who was to say it would be hoof ball all the time.

It is defensively where I think he could toughen us up. I think maybe a deeper line and doing the heading and kicking basics better is what we need right now. Ward is so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet so don't keep playing around our fckukin box!!

As regards to Pearson, people seem to think he is our 999 go to. We have sacked him twice and once unofficially! Why would he want to work here again. Leave him in our past. Always nice to see him and always respected.

Bottom line for me is get Dyche in this week, give him the internationals to work with the squad and move on from there. 

I have to agree with this. I’m not a Dyche fan, and I laughed at the suggestion of him as our manager until recently. But it would be nice to see us actually counter teams when the opportunity arises instead of slowing everything down and wasting the chance. And he would have us pressing teams from the front like we used to. Something exciting to watch. Of the available for free managers with premier league experience, I think he is the best option. There are better unemployed options out there, but we all know Top won’t take the punt if we are looking like we are in a dogfight.

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

For what my opinion is worth (which not being a Leicester supporter is probably **** all), I actually think that 80% of the solution for you guys is just getting rid of Rodgers. He clearly has been goading the club into sacking him since Scott Parker got sacked for identical comments.

It's early in the season and I think any half decent manager can get your group of players up the table. It's blatantly obvious that there are at least three worse squads in the division. Just making a change will keep you up at the very least.

I hope your right. Always enjoy talking to fans (mostly) of other clubs on here, especially ones with a common thread such as Pearson. And I hope you're right that getting rid of Rodgers is all we need but I fear we need a good deal more. You can't take a disease out of its host and just let the host recover by itself, it needs a lot of help to get back to anything like normal. 

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I hope your right. Always enjoy talking to fans (mostly) of other clubs on here, especially ones with a common thread such as Pearson. And I hope you're right that getting rid of Rodgers is all we need but I fear we need a good deal more. You can't take a disease out of its host and just let the host recover by itself, it needs a lot of help to get back to anything like normal. 

Well I think it's inevitable that Rodgers is half out of the door and when it closes behind him I think you will be alright for staying up (barring a ****ing disastrous appointment, of course).

Dyche a lot of people don’t want because of Burnley but why? on a shoe string he did wonders with Burnley no team likes playing them! With a big club and team he could surprise a few people and with the problems we have he actually knows how to defend and set teams up he wouldn’t be sitting on the side lines writing in a notebook he will be shouting barking orders he has a high standard! I say give him a chance because Bodgers ball ain’t working!! And tbh who else is there that’s experienced in a dog fight because we are going to be in one 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

Dyche a lot of people don’t want because of Burnley but why? on a shoe string he did wonders with Burnley no team likes playing them! With a big club and team he could surprise a few people and with the problems we have he actually knows how to defend and set teams up he wouldn’t be sitting on the side lines writing in a notebook he will be shouting barking orders he has a high standard! I say give him a chance because Bodgers ball ain’t working!! And tbh who else is there that’s experienced in a dog fight because we are going to be in one 

Burnleys owners the same as ours in their wisdom decided they wanted to play a more attractive style of football which was part of the reason they parted with Dyche. I wouldn’t mind him here but I’m not sure the owners would want his style of football which is a shame.

Stoke tried it got relegated, burnley tried it got relegated and Leicester tried it… hopefully we don’t follow the theme 

Edited by Fox1980

1 minute ago, Fox1980 said:

Burnleys owners the same as ours in their wisdom decided they wanted to play a more attractive style of football which was part of the reason they parted with Dyche. I wouldn’t mind him here but I’m not sure the owners would want his style of football which is a shame.

They parted with Dyche because he was on his way to relegation despite having his largest transfer budget to date. They of course

relegated 

• Like 2

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

They parted with Dyche because he was on his way to relegation despite having his largest transfer budget to date. They of course

relegated 

Yes I’m not saying it wasn’t already going wrong but they did want to try and go in a different direction and like us I’m not sure we can afford the type of players capable of playing that way 

Its going to be Dyche. For the next couple of years we are going to need to be hard to beat, gritty and on a budget.

The reality is with the state of the finances we are going to need to tread water for a few seasons and recruit pragmatically. 

Dyche fits the bill. 

Just now, Fox1980 said:

Yes I’m not saying it wasn’t already going wrong but they did want to try and go in a different direction and like us I’m not sure we can afford the type of players capable of playing that way 

The players we have may not be equally as compatible to Dyche’s style. We don’t have a tall striker and we don’t have a winger outside of Albrighton who prefers to cross 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fox1980 said:

Stoke tried it got relegated, burnley tried it got relegated and Leicester tried it… hopefully we don’t follow the theme 

Yeah, the rubbish style of football we won the league with. Crazy isn’t it that we decide to got for the Man City lite approach. We become the possession boys - usually winning the possession stats but rarely the game. Intelligent, allegedly, and very wealthy or well paid people are leading our club. Vast losses, financially and now on the pitch and bloody Dodgers as manager. I’m glad we’ve completed domestic football. Our trajectory is not good. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

The players we have may not be equally as compatible to Dyche’s style. We don’t have a tall striker and we don’t have a winger outside of Albrighton who prefers to cross 

Totally agree. I think we just need someone that will take the shackles off for now. Owners will probably go for Preki again anyway maybe he’s the answer!

wheres Preki now?

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

This assumes Dyche’s style is all he has and was not simply a reflection of necessity at Burnley. I think people might be surprised. 

• Like 3