Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

Dont trust Brentford managers outside the Brentford system

The last ones like Smith, Warburton or Carsley didnt do too well after they left

With respect, Frank is a level above any of those. Smith did very well at Villa though, on the whole. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I just don't get why people wanting dyche wouldn't have big nige first. He's just a better in every way and knows the club inside out. 

But just like O'Neill he doesn't have the same X-Factor without his team around him. Doubtful that you'd get Shakespeare back having previously been sacked in his own right.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, dooflip said:

I have to agree with this. I’m not a Dyche fan, and I laughed at the suggestion of him as our manager until recently. But it would be nice to see us actually counter teams when the opportunity arises instead of slowing everything down and wasting the chance. And he would have us pressing teams from the front like we used to. Something exciting to watch. Of the available for free managers with premier league experience, I think he is the best option. There are better unemployed options out there, but we all know Top won’t take the punt if we are looking like we are in a dogfight.

Yes in a dog fight something we are in there cant be many out there that be better i most definitely wouldn't mind dyche till at least end of the season 

1 minute ago, lcfcdamo said:

Yes in a dog fight something we are in there cant be many out there that be better i most definitely wouldn't mind dyche till at least end of the season 

Exactly that, for me it would be a contract until the end of the season with us having an option to extend it. I think he might go for that, because to a manager like Dyche we are an attractive proposition and I honestly cannot see him getting a better offer - that isn’t an insult, I just think we are too good to be staring relegation in the face both in the quality of the squad and the stature, facilities etc. and the only offers he is likely to get are from clubs in trouble.

• Like 2

Just now, dooflip said:

Exactly that, for me it would be a contract until the end of the season with us having an option to extend it. I think he might go for that, because to a manager like Dyche we are an attractive proposition and I honestly cannot see him getting a better offer - that isn’t an insult, I just think we are too good to be staring relegation in the face both in the quality of the squad and the stature, facilities etc. and the only offers he is likely to get are from clubs in trouble.

He will look at the current crop and know that he can work with this side and get them playing again 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

This assumes Dyche’s style is all he has and was not simply a reflection of necessity at Burnley. I think people might be surprised. 

He had ample opportunity to change it at Burnley. Their financial structure is no different to say Brighton, Palace or Brentford. 

The last season in particular he had money to bring around real change but was found completely wanting. 

That’s before I get into his fundamental issues of a lack of youth development, a lack of using modern day analytics/scouting. He’s turned up at Seagrave and ask it become a car park. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He had ample opportunity to change it at Burnley. Their financial structure is no different to say Brighton, Palace or Brentford. 

The last season in particular he had money to bring around real change but was found completely wanting. 

That’s before I get into his fundamental issues of a lack of youth development, a lack of using modern day analytics/scouting. He’s turned up at Seagrave and ask it become a car park. 

Think you’ll have to get over that like I have. Dyche is the one. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Money to bring round real change? He spent around the same that we did in Vesty, Soumare and Bertrand who hardly kicked a ball for us and would not even care to look at our guys salaries. He did bring in a pretty useless forward after their star striker was sold. Also thought he was involved with getting Burnley a new training ground but clearly he is not the guy for you. Not sure how many are realistically available though and in the short term he seems to tick most boxes

6 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Money to bring round real change? He spent around the same that we did in Vesty, Soumare and Bertrand who hardly kicked a ball for us and would not even care to look at our guys salaries. He did bring in a pretty useless forward after their star striker was sold. Also thought he was involved with getting Burnley a new training ground but clearly he is not the guy for you. Not sure how many are realistically available though and in the short term he seems to tick most boxes

Yeah I don’t think us making bad transfers is really evident of Dyche failing to evolve his squad. The likes of Brentford and Brighton do it on reasonable budgets. 

I’m amazed that most think he ticks ‘most’ boxes - given the only box appears to tick is that he kept a club up. We are a win from getting out of the bottom 3 with fixtures against Villa, Forest, Bournemouth and Palace in the next five. Why go drastic? 

3 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Marco rose perhaps the most realistic of my choices but not sure he’d come either. Definitely not Dyche

Done me some research on Marco. Interesting reading. Dortmund definitely weren't impressed with him, despite finishing 2nd, but just to get the Dormund job, he has clearly done well at his previous clubs.

Seems like he mirrors himself after Klopp. High intensity press, with fast attacking football. Likes a diamond formation, which certainly suits our current squad. 

Certainly someone worth talking to, but whether he would come in our current situation, is another thing. 

• Like 1