Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Any other names pal? 

I think the names that will pop up will be the usual 

Dyche

Nuno

Ect.

Can't see us poaching anyone of a top stature because of the compensation we would have to pay.

Ince is one I threw in the hat who would not cost the earth. 

Like I said not my choice but one who's name I'm certain will be under discussion. 

• Like 2

It might be difficult to find someone who is available and willing to come right now given the situation when thinking about a manager who might improve us in the long term.

Given the situation, it could make more sense to appoint someone like Dyche (or better) until the end of the season with an option to extend it a year or two if it went surprisingly well. Hopefully he’d get us to finish mid table and we could spend more time searching for the right manager to take over in the Summer. The worry now is that the situation is so bad that we will need to hit the ground running with whoever comes in. Could be a risk bringing in a complete unknown for that reason. I just wish we got rid of this arse last season, we would be in a much stronger position. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oadby.fox said:

It might be difficult to find someone who is available and willing to come right now given the situation when thinking about a manager who might improve us in the long term.

Given the situation, it could make more sense to appoint someone like Dyche (or better) until the end of the season with an option to extend it a year or two if it went surprisingly well. Hopefully he’d get us to finish mid table and we could spend more time searching for the right manager to take over in the Summer. The worry now is that the situation is so bad that we will need to hit the ground running with whoever comes in. Could be a risk bringing in a complete unknown for that reason. I just wish we got rid of this arse last season, we would be in a much stronger position. 

Dyche makes sense to me, I think he would be more than willing to come in and he certainly wouldn’t be asking for the type of money Rodgers is on 

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Dyche

Nuno

Ect.

Can't see us poaching anyone of a top stature because of the compensation we would have to pay.

Like I said not my choice but one who's name I'm certain will be under discussion. 

Ta mate. For me Dyche makes absolute sense all round. Might not be long long term but nothing is in modern football

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I hate the idea of Sean Dyche as our manager.  The fans will turn on him quickly after the initial honeymoon with his plodding style and 1950s tactics.  I also don’t think his approach is suited to the talent we have on the side (which is more than enough to stay up if properly managed).

But I get it.  When a team is as totally lacking in grit, energy, and even effort as we are under Rodgers, the thought of a guy like Dyche tightening the ship sounds good.  He might even be a decent option to triage and keep us in the PL, if he’s given enough time.  But he’s wrong for us and we should do better.

Beggars cannot be choosers, and when it comes down to who is available, affordable and would want to come here now, we cannot be "choosers"

Dyche would tighten up our defence, and is good at working on low budgets. Those who criticize his last couple of transfers seem to forget that they were paid for by selling their better players, and still made them a good profit. Wood -Weghorst, 10-15 million profit, You can add Cornet and Collins to that list as well

Please think and do some research before you have a go at his transfers

They could have had a lot for Tarkovski at one point as well

All bought by Dyche, hows that v Vestergaard, Perez, Soumare and Bertand then ?

Edited by itude

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Dyche

Nuno

Ect.

Not sure how Ince gets a link to us, how is he getting on at Reading? 

27 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I'll throw a surprise name in the ring.

Wouldn't be my choice but don't rule out Paul Ince. 

Paul Ince supposedly has the most horrendous breath known to man. Leon Knight regularly likes to make reference to it 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I know things are shit but come on now Sean Dyche …. Really ?

Afraid so. Top has to run us like Burnley now and we only have 5 pounds and a kitkat to do business with for the foreseeable future. 

Only one man for the job, and he has the voice of an angel. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I know things are shit but come on now Sean Dyche …. Really ?

Really yes, stop dreaming about Poch, Potter, Fischer and so on

We are a long way off being a tasty prospect at the moment

Unless you are Rochdale's manager perhaps ?

31 minutes ago, itude said:

Beggars cannot be choosers, and when it comes down to who is available, affordable and would want to come here now, we cannot be "choosers"

Dyche would tighten up our defence, and is good at working on low budgets. Those who criticize his last couple of transfers seem to forget that they were paid for by selling their better players, and still made them a good profit. Wood -Weghorst, 10-15 million profit, You can add Cornet and Collins to that list as well

Please think and do some research before you have a go at his transfers

They could have had a lot for Tarkovski at one point as well

All bought by Dyche, hows that v Vestergaard, Perez, Soumare and Bertand then ?

Not having a go at his transfers, having a go at his tactics.

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Not having a go at his transfers, having a go at his tactics.

Yeah, I was referring to others in that part.

The tactics we need now are not the ones we have

Ugly or not, we need to grind our way back to safety.

11 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Does no one else find it hilarious the idea of Sean bloody Dyche walking into our £100million training facility?? You just know he would steal the toilet paper. 

If he sticks it up some of our players arses, good for him, they need it.

In all seriousness though, it will be great to have a Manager who genuinely appreciates our amazing club, the players, facilities and the fans. 

A manager who doesn't see us as a stepping stone and constantly gives off a vibe that we should just be grateful he manages us. 

Sean Dyche may not be the long-term manager we need or want, but you just know he will damn well appreciate being Leicester City manager and work his bollocks off trying to sort us out in the short-term, no matter what constraints he is under. 

If not him, then please just someone who wants to be here and respects the players and wants to improve them. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, itude said:

Really yes, stop dreaming about Poch, Potter, Fischer and so on

We are a long way off being a tasty prospect at the moment

Unless you are Rochdale's manager perhaps ?

I’m not dreaming about any of them . Poch is massively overrated . Thinking of Dyche as a manager  is a massive step backwards. Fact . 

Edited by baldeagle

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Be interesting to see who Bournemouth appointment in the next couple of days, reckon their fans want Dyche and he's eager to get back in EPL football 

Doubt Villa or Everton will hold out much longer either. Very slim pickings in the manager's market as it is. We should really get ahead if we can.