Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

1 minute ago, baldeagle said:

I’m not dreaming about any of them . Poch is massively overrated . Thinking of Dyche as a manger is a massive step backwards. Fact . 

We are bottom. There is no current step back. 

Not sure wooing Poch with saying he is massively overrated and should join us then, is the way to go either lol

Marco Rose is the only name I have seen that is a stretch for us but not unimaginable. Would be worth talking to at least. I don't know much about him though. 

6 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I’m not dreaming about any of them . Poch is massively overrated . Thinking of Dyche as a manager  is a massive step backwards. Fact . 

Scientific study which proves that "fact" then please :)

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Doubt Villa or Everton will hold out much longer either. Very slim pickings in the manager's market as it is. We should really get ahead if we can. 

Couldn't agree more, but we are not are we ? we are dilly dallying about. If those three get their best next picks, who is left ?

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Doubt Villa or Everton will hold out much longer either. Very slim pickings in the manager's market as it is. We should really get ahead if we can. 

Think Everton will stick with Lampard.....his team did ok on Saturday and he's growing in the role there 

Hard to say with Villa, the draw against Man City has given him some time.

It's Bournemouth that will probably appoint someone this week and Dyche seems favorite with the fans and bookies 

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

We are bottom. There is no current step back. 

Not sure wooing Poch with saying he is massively overrated and should join us then, is the way to go either lol

Marco Rose is the only name I have seen that is a stretch for us but not unimaginable. Would be worth talking to at least. I don't know much about him though. 

Worth talking to for sure,, but again, we need to be quick before others pick him off if he is willing to come.

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Think Everton will stick with Lampard.....his team did ok on Saturday and he's growing in the role there 

It's Bournemouth that will probably appoint someone this week and Dyche seems favorite with the fans and bookies 

That would be a pity, unless of course we have the "messiah" lined up instead...I see no signs of that, just dumb indecisiveness

It really is poor stuff by those "at the top"

9 minutes ago, itude said:

That would be a pity, unless of course we have the "messiah" lined up instead...I see no signs of that, just dumb indecisiveness

It really is poor stuff by those "at the top"

If Brendan isn't sacked by Monday evening it will be unbelievable now that sporting journalists think his time is up at Leicester.

The board seem very slow to make decisions on sacking him because maybe they thought it would get better, but after the Brighton result and his usual bizarre excuses...first blaming the club and now it's the fans fault....I think he's going to be sacked.

Dyche is waiting to see what happens and if Leicester want him and if not he'll probably take up the Bournemouth job.....it's going to be an interesting week that's for sure 😏

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

39 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Phew. Don’t trust Rudkin or the board atm

• Like 1

Personally I don't want Dyche. But in his 10 years in charge of Burnley he signed 149 players, 32 of them with fee for £140m - This is an average of £4.3m per player (obviously there will be some undisclosed in there etc). His record in transfers isnt glittering in terms of the LCFC blueprint of buying players cheap and selling for a large profit, but it's harder to find huge calibre young players like Fofana/Maddison/Daka when you're burnley. So who knows how he would do if he had a club with amazing facilities who could potentially have money to spend in a couple of years.

For him to have signed players like Jeff Hendrick, Jack Cork, Robbie Brady, Eric Pieters, Jonathan Walters, Ashley Westwood, etc and keep them in the premier league is quite astounding. His signings are typically cheap journeyman types who have experience. I really don't want us to go that route but I have often wondered whether with decent financial backing, and a top class network of scouts and recruitment team (once Brendans lot is gone) whether he would be able to adapt and change his approach to the game. 

I don't want him, at all, but we could do worse in our current situation. He's a genuine character and would have us working hard, which is all I ask for right now. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm petrified it will be Rafa Benitez. Absolutely appalling football and diabolical record at bringing young players through.

Surely we’re not that stupid to take a punt on Rafa these days. I think will be AVB or Rose as there available.

Not sure he'd get a work permit to work here given he was in La Liga Segunda last season but Xabi Alonso interests me as a manager greatly. He's vastly experience as a player both internationally and in England and he did brilliantly with Real Sociedad B to get them in to the 2nd division and developed an impressive amount of young players who were promoted to Real Sociedad's first team like Robert Navarro, Martin Zubimendi, Jon Pacheco, Benat Turrientes.

Probably a job a bit too soon for him, but I like progressive managers and his brief has been to develop young academy players which would make him open to the vision here of utilising the best training facilities to bring through young players.

• Like 2

I don't know much about the likes of Rose, Fischer etc but I'd definitely get behind that kind of move as it's interesting and exciting. However I think we only get them if they actively approach the club with interest. 

Dyche isn't going to take a short term deal but Rafa might, I think I would take Rafa til the end of the season. 

Hopefully keeps us up and we can assess from there. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not sure he'd get a work permit to work here given he was in La Liga Segunda last season but Xabi Alonso interests me as a manager greatly. He's vastly experience as a player both internationally and in England and he did brilliantly with Real Sociedad B to get them in to the 2nd division and developed an impressive amount of young players who were promoted to Real Sociedad's first team like Robert Navarro, Martin Zubimendi, Jon Pacheco, Benat Turrientes.

Probably a job a bit too soon for him, but I like progressive managers and his brief has been to develop young academy players which would make him open to the vision here of utilising the best training facilities to bring through young players.

I do feel it's not just Rodgers that needs to go, it's an overhaul from top to bottom, including the youth setup. Feels like it hasn't changed for years and is just stale and has no guidance or target. 

I do feel we need someone quickly to come in and shithouse some wins by any means possible to get safe and then reassess from there. 

Someone like Alonso would be good for the long term, perhaps even a role that sees him just focusing on youth (whether he'd agree to that is another thing...) I think throwing him in to the deep end with full control with the state we're in at the moment would be too much of a risk though.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Why would any top manager (who we probably can't afford anyway) join when everybody knows there is no money to spend and we will likely lose our best players in the summer regardless of division? 

Because we've got a very good squad that is obviously under achieving and even you, I, or any of us could take over today and do a better job than Rodgers.

Most managers would tremble at a hideous squad with no money as they know it's going to be almost impossible. 

With us it's actually got potential for mid table finish comfortably under the right guidance and I'd imagine the transfer situation won't be like this forever. 

I'd almost go against what you're saying and say we're actually an attractive proposition.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, themightyfin said:

I'll throw a surprise name in the ring.

Wouldn't be my choice but don't rule out Paul Ince. 

he’s doing ok in the moment now but how many of his previous appointments have gone well? 

perhaps he’d have been interested as an assistant but not whilst he’s riding a wave at reading 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I do feel it's not just Rodgers that needs to go, it's an overhaul from top to bottom, including the youth setup. Feels like it hasn't changed for years and is just stale and has no guidance or target. 

I do feel we need someone quickly to come in and shithouse some wins by any means possible to get safe and then reassess from there. 

Someone like Alonso would be good for the long term, perhaps even a role that sees him just focusing on youth (whether he'd agree to that is another thing...) I think throwing him in to the deep end with full control with the state we're in at the moment would be too much of a risk though.

Agree needs a full and thorough root and branch overhaul,  but this will take time.  The people that need to go first are Rogers and Rudders. Simon Capper appears to have lost control of Finances but without knowing the full story of our latest financial predicament, he should be on the probationary ‘watch’ list.  Let’s get the club moving forward if only in baby steps this week.

37 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Because we've got a very good squad that is obviously under achieving and even you, I, or any of us could take over today and do a better job than Rodgers.

Most managers would tremble at a hideous squad with no money as they know it's going to be almost impossible. 

With us it's actually got potential for mid table finish comfortably under the right guidance and I'd imagine the transfer situation won't be like this forever. 

I'd almost go against what you're saying and say we're actually an attractive proposition.

I think the problem is that we're framing it from a partisan 'we're shit and we're sick of it' point of view.

A prospective manager looking from the outside in would see a talented squad, owners who have been patient (to a fault at the moment,) world-class training facilities, a relatively productive academy and significant stadium development on the horizon. Throw in Premier League wages,  if they're coming from abroad rather than from another PL club, and we suddenly look an attractive proposition. 

If we pop a couple of wins together and regain confidence, we finish nowhere near relegation and the new manager can oversee a genuine rebuild next season as players leave the club and their wages are freed up.