Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

7 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

Can we stop with the Dyche talk. It doesn't fit our style, our players and more importantly doesn't give us any hope for the future if we want to see decent football and attract the best players. 

1- we have no style 

2- our players would love a decent leader

3- Dyche did what he had to to keep Burnley up - with better players technically he would play better football 

4- very simple priority 1 and possibly only priority this season is now staying in this league - it would be a catastrophe we might never recover from to get relegated 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

I will say this for Dyche - I’d rather it be him than Rafa.  But I don’t know why Bournemouth wouldn’t offer him the job, and why he wouldn’t take it.

Probably because Bournemouth have a way of playing.

I can't imagine Bournemouth wanting Dyche's direct football.

Just now, jv1 said:

1- we have no style 

3- Dyche did what he had to to keep Burnley up - with better players technically he would play better football 

4- very simple priority 1 and possibly only priority this season is now staying in this league - it would be a catastrophe we might never recover from to get relegated 

Dyche did a great job getting Burnley up but then he also got relegated with them.

The overriding priority is someone who can fix the defence. If they can get a unit of 3/4/5 working as a unit with a competent and confident keeper - rattle up a few clean sheets, we have every chance of staying up. Ihenacho and Daka showed what they can do yesterday - such a refreshing change from the static Vardy waiting for one type of pass to put him in. We have more goals in Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans and with Vardy as an impact sub - that’s more than decent. we have decent DCM options in NDidi, Soumare and Mendy, 

But the defence has to be chosen, selected repeatedly and start to function as a unit. We need full backs told to defend, Evans and a keeper to organise,. They need to cut out anything which risks conceding goals, - playing out from the back, full

backs spending most of their time much much further forward, conceding corners and free kicks unnecessarily. 

Brendan cannot organise a top level defence and that is his main weakness. At Liverpool in all his full seasons they conceded over a goal a game - 50 in the season they blew winning the league. At  Celtic, domestically it was better but in Europe his team conceded 18  in six Champions League group games! 

He stands even less chance of sorting out the Leicester defence because he’s thrown two members of his squad under a bus (Vesty and Cags) and has made it clear he doesn’t want to play them - he’d rather play a DCM out of position. So what happens when Evans gets injured ? Who’s he going to play at CB then? 

• Like 1

Just now, Scotch said:

I still think Marco Rose is our man even with a poor spell at Dortmund. 

So much of what he does shuts our current bunch...

- He plays with two up top which suits our strikers.

- He plays a diamond with two number 8's, a 6 and a 10 which suits our midfield. 

- He plays a fairly low defensive block which suits our defense. 

- He doesn't play wingers which is good because we only have one. He gets the width from the strikers drifting out wide were maybe Barnes could be utilised anyway. 

- He knows how to get Daka scoring regularly. 

...IMO  he's our man. 

I think he would do well here. Should definitely be on the list of candidates.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scotch said:

- He plays a diamond with two number 8's, a 6 and a 10 which suits our midfield. 

- He doesn't play wingers which is good because we only have one. He gets the width from the strikers drifting out wide were maybe Barnes could be utilised anyway. 

...IMO  he's our man. 

He would tick alot of boxes. I think we would hit the ground running with him and end up top half 

As much as I think Rose is the best available that's out of work, the Dortmund stint doesn't inspire too much confidence with the defense, and neither does how quickly it went downhill at Gladbach when it was announced he was going to Dortmund.

Prior to that though, that Gladbach team was so good to watch, that if he could get us playing like that, having Daka and Nacho as our versions of Plea and Thuram, Oooof!

12 minutes ago, Scotch said:

...IMO  he's our man. 

Yep I think he would be very good but would be a difficult manager to sign.

Right now I would take almost anybody other than Rodgers

6 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Personally I don't want Dyche. But in his 10 years in charge of Burnley he signed 149 players, 32 of them with fee for £140m - This is an average of £4.3m per player (obviously there will be some undisclosed in there etc). His record in transfers isnt glittering in terms of the LCFC blueprint of buying players cheap and selling for a large profit, but it's harder to find huge calibre young players like Fofana/Maddison/Daka when you're burnley. So who knows how he would do if he had a club with amazing facilities who could potentially have money to spend in a couple of years.

For him to have signed players like Jeff Hendrick, Jack Cork, Robbie Brady, Eric Pieters, Jonathan Walters, Ashley Westwood, etc and keep them in the premier league is quite astounding. His signings are typically cheap journeyman types who have experience. I really don't want us to go that route but I have often wondered whether with decent financial backing, and a top class network of scouts and recruitment team (once Brendans lot is gone) whether he would be able to adapt and change his approach to the game. 

I don't want him, at all, but we could do worse in our current situation. He's a genuine character and would have us working hard, which is all I ask for right now. 

Think you are/were local to me.

I would take Mark Bonner over Rodgers at this time( tongue in cheek)

Done exceptionally well.

Just now, lgfualol said:

Marco Rose would be an interesting shout but doubt the club know who he is. Cant see them taking any risks, they'll want someone who's managed in the prem before.

This is my big worry. We never seem to look outside the UK or previous prem experience with managers which leaves us with a very small shitty pool of managers. 

25 minutes ago, jv1 said:

1- we have no style 

His style wouldn't work with our players and not even sure they'd play for him 

Looks like the money has dried up for the time being. Thanks to Rodgers, Leicester are a different club than a couple of years ago. He's falling out with players, destroyed their confidence along with the supporters, and worse, made us the most defensively lightweight side in the Premier League. If we can't attract a Pochettino then taking a gamble on some foreign fancy name could be the death of us. I understand Dyche is not everyone's choice but we need someone like that. Someone that simplifies our playing style and gets the ball forward more often to give Vardy, Daka and Nacho half a chance. Someone capable of making us harder to beat.  A short term contract wouldn't be such a bad whilst the club attempt get back on an even keel.